[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Conflicted Comish Confirming Collusion?

jkerstetter

Hey guys...I've been a commish for 6 years or so, but no trade request has made me this conflicted before. I'll give the team info capsules, then the trade below that.

Team A (5-4, 2 game lead in his division - 2nd highest PF in the 12-man league)

QB: Brees/Palmer/Garrard

RB: Mike Bell/Tatum Bell/Edge/Ahman Green/Thomas Jones/Brandon Jacobs

WR: Javon Walker/Jennings

Def/ST: Baltimore

Team B (2-7, last place in the division, 3 games out, 2nd lowest PF in the 12-man league)

QB: Pennington, Vince Young

RB: Tiki/Jones-Drew/Kevan Barlow

WR: Wayne/Chad Johnson/Furrey/Engram

Def/ST: San Diego/Tampa Bay

Trade details:

Team A offers Drew Brees/Mike Bell/Thomas Jones

Team B offers Tiki Barber/Reggie Wayne/Tampa Bay Defense

Other notes:

These two teams are in the same division.

Team B's only shot at the playoffs is to win the division.

Team B's owner is a total Purdue homer, and Brees was, of course, a Boilermaker.

Is the trade fair to allow, or are my alarm bells going off for a good reason here?

:D

Is this a keeper league? If so this trade is surely fine.

This trade is fine but questionable for sure. Team B has to take some drastic chances and has no QB to speak of before makine this trade for one of the highest producing QBs right now.

I'm gonna go the other way, I can see how each side would benefit from that, one guy is getting the Qb help he needs and doubling his rbs, the other is trading change for a sure guy. A few bits are gambles, but it really doesn't look too one sided. And hey, people overpay for their homers all the time.

It does look a little lopsided at first glance, but you have to get past the names involved.

Both teams are gaining talent at positions they need it at.

Yes, I do think Team B is overpaying for Brees, but that is his right. I have Reggie Wayne, and while he hasn't sucked, he also has only lite it up one week this year (37 pts!). If you take that week out, his production over the other weeks is only 8.6 pts a week. Jones is avg. 9 pts a week.

Approve it and tell the other owners when they complain (and they will) that you looked at it, got outside opinions and unless someone can prove that these two have agreed to fix games, that they need to get over it and should have made some offers themselves.

I think the trade is reasonable. While Team B needs a QB BAD..he is overpaying some. Tiki never score and Wayne has had one good game. The guy has two great defenses so what does he care if he gives up Tampa...he has SD. His only real loss, IMHO is Wayne. He gets nothing back in the form of WR...but his need wasn't there. It was at RB and QB. This is a good trade. Approve it and tell the other to kiss your..well... :D

I don't think it's particularly balanced, but given that the one team is doing so poorly, it's probably not the worst decision he's made this year. And the bottom line is that while it helps one team a lot, it's not necessarily hurting the other guy. The first place team is gambling on QB, too -- Palmer or Garrard is a BIG step down from Brees this year...