[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Notre Dame-USC

Muggsy

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did all the upsets this week make the winner of this game in two week a likely Nat'l Champ. participant?

It sure did help both teams that's forsure. I still think the Gators is ahead of both. I think USC is now very close to the Gators and it might be a pick'em at the end of the season. The Gators close game this week may have hurt them. OSU/Michigan vs FLA,USC,Ark, and Notre Dame. The Irish recent schedule may hurt them, BUT if they pound USC in Cali. that would open eyes. I think Notre Dame needs to really beat up on the Trojans to have a shot to leap frog Ark. and the Gators.

Did all the upsets this week make the winner of this game in two week a likely Nat'l Champ. participant?

If Michigan loses in a non-blow-out fashion to Ohio State and Notre Dame leapfrogs them in the rankings because they beat USC, the whole state of Michigan might explode.

IMO, if the OSU-Michigan game is close, those two teams should have a rematch in the BCS Championship game.

I don't agree. OSU vs Michigan should decide it. Don't get me wrong be great for OSU AND MICH. and the Midwest. I just do not see this happening and I feel that it should not. OHIO STATE loses so be it, The argument can be made that OSU is the clear cut best 1 loss team, however the money and the rest of the country will want another matchup. I see a Michigan/FLA or USC in the title game if OSU loses. The Buckeyes will then go to the Rose Bowl and play USC/CAL. for the Roses. Michigan loses by any amount and it's over for them imo. Michigan has to win to get to the title game.

I don't agree. OSU vs Michigan should decide it. Don't get me wrong be great for OSU AND MICH. and the Midwest. I just do not see this happening and I feel that it should not. OHIO STATE loses so be it, The argument can be made that OSU is the clear cut best 1 loss team, however the money and the rest of the country will want another matchup. I see a Michigan/FLA or USC in the title game if OSU loses. The Buckeyes will then go to the Rose Bowl and play USC/CAL. for the Roses. Michigan loses by any amount and it's over for them imo. Michigan has to win to get to the title game.

If Michigan loses a close game on the road to the #1 ranked team in the nation, why would you say that Michigan is still not the best one-loss team in the nation. Who else would be ahead of them and why?

And I would argue that it would be worse for OSU to lose the game since they are playing at home.

Well..because no one wants to see a rematch is why it's not going to happen. Great, if we lose at home or in Ann Arbor then we deserve not to go to the National championship and same goes for Michigan face it. Nov.18th is for all the marbles and loser takes his marbles and goes home..NO WAY..the Pac 10 coaches,SEC coaches, Big 12 coaches, Big East will vote the loser in the top 5. You can look to history for your answer #2 Texas fell how far when they lost to # 1 OSU at Texas?? I don't know for sure but out of the top 5 I know that. You can look at how far the teams fell when they lost their first loss of the season. You have The AP,Coaches, and Harris poll that will make sure there will not be a rematch. I would not want a rematch in any case it's just bad for college football in my opinion.

I agree with sac, if the Bucks lose i don't think they should be in the NC game. They would earn it, but i think losing at home this late in the season should put you on the outside. If USC wins out, they deserve it, if Arkansas/Florida wins out, they belong there. I'd love to see the winner of the Michigan/OSU game against a one loss SEC team and the loser in the rose bowl against USC.

It has nothing to do with what people WANT to see. It is gonna be what is gonna be. Honestly, I don't think any of the 1 loss teams that you are talking about survive. Cal could beat USC, USC will hammer a soft ND team, Arkansas is going down to LSU, and Arkansas could then in turn beat Fla. My point is... the loser of the Mich-OSU game will still be in the discussion regardless of what occurs, and like I said... if OSU loses, I could easily see them getting a rematch, cuz they arent gonna drop that far in the computers, and the pollsters wont drop them lower than 3. So what you got will be a huge clusterfucc, and controversy everywhere, regardless of what happens.

SC doesnt deserve sh*t, they lost to an unranked team. And i agree the OSU and Michigan are playing for the right to whip whoever trips into the NC game.

:D

IF USC wins out- a big iff with Cal, ND, UCLA still to go..... They are in the NC game without a doubt IMO. You just can't deny their schedule, they would have too many quality wins. The BCS does blow - I agree with y'all- I think at this point an OSU-USC matchup would be as good as we can hope for.

:D

IF USC wins out- a big iff with Cal, ND, UCLA still to go..... They are in the NC game without a doubt IMO. You just can't deny their schedule, they would have too many quality wins. The BCS does blow - I agree with y'all- I think at this point an OSU-USC matchup would be as good as we can hope for.

+1 . Sarge is still bitter about that Orange Bowl 2 years ago. While we're here, whether you love them or hate them, USC has been proving to the rest of the country why you cannot shy away from tough non-conf games. That is, if you want the respect of pollsters late in the year when it counts. Simple. This is slowly changing college football for the better.

One last thing, then I've got to get to work: if USC gets to the big game again, it will be Coach Carroll's greatest achievement to date, with all the injuries, youth and controversy on this team - not to mention replacing all those NFL guys. I'd still bet the Rose (or even Holiday bowl) is more likely, but he will deserve all the props he gets if he pulls this off...

If Michigan loses in a non-blow-out fashion to Ohio State and Notre Dame leapfrogs them in the rankings because they beat USC, the whole state of Michigan might explode.

Yes, it will. And it would be a disgrace. Notre Dame doesn't deserve to play in the Natl title game this yr. no matter what they say. Even if they beat up on USC. Notre Dame is still and always will be the most overrated team in college football.

Yes, it will. And it would be a disgrace. Notre Dame doesn't deserve to play in the Natl title game this yr. no matter what they say. Even if they beat up on USC. Notre Dame is still and always will be the most overrated team in college football.

I disagree - If, and a it's a big IF:

ohio state beats Michigan soundly and ND mops the floor with USC, then they deserve consideration for the NC game. Of course, so much also depends on what the gators, scarlet knights, and razorbacks do.

Better question for a Card fan... :D

Can both teams stay in the BCS race regardless of the outcome? Obviously it's better (for the Irish) if Notre Dame beats USC, but what if USC wins? Are the Irish out?

If USC wins then a 2 loss ND will still be in the top 12, which is all they require to be an "at large" team. One of the BCS bowls will take them because they bring the ratings (love them or hate them) which brings the $.

If ND wins out, Michigan wins and Arkansas loses to LSU then beats FL then IMO we'll be seeing an ND/Michigan rematch :D (A lot to occur, but possible).

If OSU wins instead of Michigan, they would have to win hugh in order for ND to have a remote chance for the title game, and they would still need all that help.

Either FL or Ark is going to lose one, so ND only needs a little help to get to the three spot. The two spot just seems impossible. However, any way you slice it (unless they lose to Army) ND is playing in a BCS bowl.

That's crazy talk right there. USC has lost 3 games in 4 years by a total of 8 points, and none of those were at home. Domers better wake up...

Domers have their eyes wide open - should be a great game. Tough to match the intensity of last years, but I think this one will definitly be worth watching :D

No doubt this game becomes ultra huge and I think USC at home will be just to much. This will be a explosion of points imo. I'm thinking the over on this game. It will be pretty tough to keep the Trojans out if they win out. Think about it, Ark or Fla is going to lose because they will meet each other, ND or USC will be out because of the same factor. This whole BCS thing is already giving me a headache because if USC wins out with the large win against ARK at ARK pretty much dooms them(ARK). Let's see....Hmmmm...Domers are Buckeye fans forsure and hope for a Buckeye blow out. Ark fans are now huge Domer fans!!! Fla needs to beat Ark and see ND beat USC in a close game of course they have to win out and now is not the time to have to block field goals to win. USC and Fla in a neck and neck finish. OSU/Mich vs USC/FLA...WOW it's going to be a photo finish at the wire.....and the survey says USC by a Trojan horse nose. They should have done that stupid Heisman commercial but used the National Championship game instead...Imagine this a bull dog knocks down a tiger running after the truck all the rest of the mascots running and "Pow" a Purple Wildcat jumps on the back of a Longhorn in stride, then when you think it's over a staggering Bear takes one right on the chin as it reaches for the National Championship Trophy from a red and white Wildcat in the background you see a HUGE Buckeye in mid air followed by a Wolverine with bloody fangs(little much

I know but this my commercial) and off further in the distance a galloping white horse and just a glimpse of gold from the the Trojans armor.......Who wants it!!!!! (fade to black and then just a shot of the trophy)

Hoping Rutgers gets to the title game ( would be greatest Cinderella story of them all )

and all that is needed is :

Rutgers wins remining 3 games ( finale vs West Virginia may be too much for them )

USC loses to Cal then Beats Notre Dame

Florida loses in Sec title game

OSU beats Michigan

and there you have it ... :D

I believe USC loses one more along the way and you will likely see FLA vs OSU / Michigan winner in natl champ game

That's crazy talk right there. USC has lost 3 games in 4 years by a total of 8 points, and none of those were at home. Domers better wake up...

Easy there... I'm wide awake and have some serious doubts as to ND's ability to keep the game close, let alone win. My point was that it is unfair to say that ND doesn't deserve a shot at the NC before seeing how the rest of the season plays out. ND-USC should be a good game only if Weiss tells Quinn "throw it to 83, early and often", otherwise ND has no chance.

ND-USC should be a good game only if Weiss tells Quinn "throw it to 83, early and often", otherwise ND has no chance.

"And when you don't throw it to 83, throw it to 5"

The loss of Carlson could really hurt ND in this game.