[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Notre Dame-USC

Muggsy

please the big ten wasn't that strong, if you call ND schedule soft you call the big ten soft. ND did play 4 of the big ten, and lost to 1.

Nope, the Big 10 Sucked this season.

:D What is the country thinking voting OSU, Michigan and Wisconsin ALL in the top 5 for???

They must be on the pipe or something i guess.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

USC lost once too...................to OSU, yep 8-4 Oregon State that is.

Is it any shock that the only team that USC loses to or struggles against are PAC-10 teams? They go out of conference and dominate Arkansas by 36, Nebraska by 18 and Notre Dame by 20.

:D PAC-10 = CONFERENCE OF CHAMPIONS :D

I can assure you, we're pulling for Florida or USC, NOT Michigan.............they are the last team we want to face. USC or Florida poses are much better match up for us to get the "W".

Glad to hear you feel more threatened by Michigan than USC or Florida. I'm now hearing there's an outside chance that LSU (arguably the best team in the SEC) might get a Rose Bowl invite to take on that Michigan team.

Man, I dont want my Sooners taking on Texas Tech aka BoiseSt in the Fiesta. They own that spread offense those schools run. And if they get into the Orange it will most likely be the ACC or Big East Champ.

Translation: You don't want your Sooners to be embarrassed by a WAC team. Just think of the lashing you will receive. I will be at that game if it happens. My friends in Boise have already called. Just so happens I live 25 mins from Glendale.

I will once again state, that while I do believe the Big Ten is down, I will not say that any particular conference sucks until after we see these conference vs conference match ups in the Bowl games.

nice to hear. I am the first to admit the Pac 10 has been USC and mediocrity the past 3-4 years, but not this year as evidenced by the most wins vs. top 10 & top 30 comp. The league has been tough all the way down to Wash at #9. It amazes me that Big 10 and Big 12 honks cannot admit when their league may be down in a given year, unreal. The Big 10 is clearly down- and the numbers back it up. Now if OSU wins the NC- and they have some nice bowl wins- ok, but there was a serious lack of quality wins, and quality teams thru most of the league.

The Big 12? flat out awful. I would love to hear someone other than Sarge state a case for the Big 12 having a good overall season.

Edited by wildcat2334

I will admit a conference is down after the bowls. Not until after the bowls am I going to admit that about any conference, let alone the Big Ten, who will have 7 bowl teams, and a chance to prove that theory of yours wrong. You think this is the first time the Big Ten has APPEARED to be down, only to come back and wreck opponents in bowl games? It most certainly isn't. I'm not saying it would happen, but we won't know until another few weeks.

The Big 12? flat out awful. I would love to hear someone other than Sarge state a case for the Big 12 having a good overall season.

Texas, OU and Nebraska are equal to Cal and a notch below USC. So i don't see how they are that horrible, unless you'd like to admit the PAC10 is a one horse pony.......................again!

right............ Oregon State finishes 3rd, maybe 4th in the Big 10 AT WORST.

I love comments like this because there is no way to prove this right or wrong...(brilliant.)

THE BIG TEN SUCKS I get the picture that's great thanks for the great insight.

PAC 10 is a dominant force with USC leading the way.

SEC is by far the better conference than the Big 10 and LSU should be in the title game just ask them.

BIG 12 got robbed/jobbed and would win against any BIG 10 team in a National Championship. I don't know

why this would be the case, however I'll buy into it. I do feel Sooners got jobbed by Pac 10 officals however.

OSU is really a untested team in a weak conference and should play a top 5 team out of conference in NOV. OSU Troy Smith is lucky who has never won a big game against anyone and of course does not have the leadership skills and ability to WILL his team back from behind. Michigan sucks and the fact the Wolverines made it a game against OSU shows how much OSU is untested and weak and OSU will lose to a much dominant USC or Florida team just based on the teams they play week in and week out.

" ALL YOU GUYS WIN" I'm going to just chill out and take our gifted trip to Glendale and enjoy the game as the 2 touchdown underdog and see how things play out.

I love comments like this because there is no way to prove this right or wrong...(brilliant.)

THE BIG TEN SUCKS I get the picture that's great thanks for the great insight.

PAC 10 is a dominant force with USC leading the way.

SEC is by far the better conference than the Big 10 and LSU should be in the title game just ask them.

BIG 12 got robbed/jobbed and would win against any BIG 10 team in a National Championship. I don't know

why this would be the case, however I'll buy into it. I do feel Sooners got jobbed by Pac 10 officals however.

OSU is really a untested team in a weak conference and should play a top 5 team out of conference in NOV. OSU Troy Smith is lucky who has never won a big game against anyone and of course does not have the leadership skills and ability to WILL his team back from behind. Michigan sucks and the fact the Wolverines made it a game against OSU shows how much OSU is untested and weak and OSU will lose to a much dominant USC or Florida team just based on the teams they play week in and week out.

" ALL YOU GUYS WIN" I'm going to just chill out and take our gifted trip to Glendale and enjoy the game as the 2 touchdown underdog and see how things play out.

How about the brilliant comments that some have made stating Ohio State and Michigan are the two best teams in the nation and no other team has chance to beat Ohio State if Michigan couldn't do it... Talk about brilliant.

Forgot the one about Ohio State and Michigan being the two best teams in the nation.

How about the brilliant comments that some have made stating Ohio State and Michigan are the two best teams in the nation and no other team has chance to beat Ohio State if Michigan couldn't do it... Talk about brilliant.

Forgot the one about Ohio State and Michigan being the two best teams in the nation.

+1

OSU is the most dominant team and the best competition in the nation, Michigan has already lost to them. The NC game has already been played.

I will admit a conference is down after the bowls. Not until after the bowls am I going to admit that about any conference, let alone the Big Ten, who will have 7 bowl teams, and a chance to prove that theory of yours wrong. You think this is the first time the Big Ten has APPEARED to be down, only to come back and wreck opponents in bowl games? It most certainly isn't. I'm not saying it would happen, but we won't know until another few weeks.

Should we start counting now with the SEC going 3-0 vs. some of the ACC's best and the Big Ten's loss to the WAC or do we have to wait? :D

While OSU has obviously and fairly stamped their ticket to the title game, I am getting very tired of all the OSU and Mich are far and away the best teams crap. The big 10 has proved little to me so I really think all these comparisons lack reference. All you Big 10 honks have to realize that you guys haven't beaten anyone all that great out of conference and the conference itself didn't seem all that strong.

OSU beat a Texas team being led by a freshman in his 2nd game that has since gone on to lose to two teams that hardly rank among the nations elite and will finish 3rd in the Big 12.

Mich beat a vastly overrated Notre Dame team that hasn't beaten a strong team all year and needed comebacks to beat Mich St. and UCLA.

Wisconson hasn't beaten anyone. Period.

So how can you guys say that nobody can touch you? Please spare me the tired argument that both Texas and ND were ranked #2 at the time of those games because those early season rankings mean nothing. Texas was the defending champ and ND always gets more love than they deserve. I mean, what business did they have even being ranked #6 going into this week?

Meanwhile, you've got USC who soundly beat two teams playing in their conference championship games (ARK, and NEB) as well as Notre Dame (I know, big deal as I said above but the win looks better when it's not your only big win out of conference). You can certainly argue that the Pac-10 is not loaded, but unless you're from the SEC, it's hard to say with any certainty that your conference is any deeper.

That does not mean that OSU and Mich may not be the best two teams in the country because they may be. It's just that it also may be that they just look so good because they haven't played a very tough schedule.

After the WVU/Louisville game everyone was slamming them saying. "Where's the defense! Either of these teams would get killed by OSU!" Now the second part may be true, but why is one 80 pt total being labeled two teams who can't stop anyone and the other being labeled the virtual national championship?

Edited by detlef

:D No one cares. Careful about what you wish for with Boise.......

Seriously dude, you are the one without a team in any BCS discussion. So if no one cares, its about what your pathetic opinion is. You like "the student" love to jump on the sac of Sc, because your school consistently drags the rear of that sad sack conference like his with UW.

But you are right, about one thing. I dont want any part of Boise St, because I want to see a real game, not a 300 yard rushing performance from my Sooners and a 42-7 win over Boise St. Boise St couldnt win the Big 12 North, and as you will see next week Nebraska s*cks.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

While OSU has obviously and fairly stamped their ticket to the title game, I am getting very tired of all the OSU and Mich are far and away the best teams crap. The big 10 has proved little to me so I really think all these comparisons lack reference. All you Big 10 honks have to realize that you guys haven't beaten anyone all that great out of conference and the conference itself didn't seem all that strong.

OSU beat a Texas team being led by a freshman in his 2nd game that has since gone on to lose to two teams that hardly rank among the nations elite and will finish 3rd in the Big 12.

Mich beat a vastly overrated Notre Dame team that hasn't beaten a strong team all year and needed comebacks to beat Mich St. and UCLA.

So how can you guys say that nobody can touch you? Please spare me the tired argument that both Texas and ND were ranked #2 at the time of those games because those early season rankings mean nothing. Texas was the defending champ and ND always gets more love than they deserve. I mean, what business did they have even being ranked #6 going into this week?

Meanwhile, you've got USC who soundly beat two teams playing in their conference championship games (ARK, and NEB) as well as Notre Dame (I know, big deal as I said above but the win looks better when it's not your only big win out of conference). You can certainly argue that the Pac-10 is not loaded, but unless you're from the SEC, it's hard to say with any certainty that your conference is any deeper.

That does not mean that OSU and Mich may not be the best two teams in the country because they may be. It's just that it also may be that they just look so good because they haven't played a very tough schedule.

After the WVU/Louisville game everyone was slamming them saying. "Where's the defense! Either of these teams would get killed by OSU!" Now the second part may be true, but why is one 80 pt total being labeled two teams who can't stop anyone and the other being labeled the virtual national championship?

That's alot to chew on...I get it PLEASE MAKE OSU the underdog..I just can not see how the Buckeyes would be able to compete in the SEC or THE PAC 10. Troy,Teddy,Antonio,Gonzo,Jenkins,The Animal, Beanie, Robo,Freeman,Hartline,Datish,Boone, and the rest of the Scarlet and Gray...Should arrive in Glendale very fearful of any team that scrambles for that last spot. I'm thinking if it's USC then OSU will be at least 21 pt. dogs and lord knows if we met with anyone from the SEC it would be much worse. I think it would show respect if the Buckeyes just came out to the 50 yardline took a knee and bowed a head to the USC Trojans or Florida Gators then just pray that we can show good face and when USC rolls OSU then we will come back to the poor BIG TEN wishing we knew how to play football and be like a SEC school. I just wish we could have a team like LSU,USC or even the Gators.....OH WELL..it's useless that will never happen.

OSU will be ready and Tress will bring it....SO...USC or Florida just bring it. I assure you OSU fans will make it another "02" trip they will be there in droves a week in advance. I like the thought process and hope this catches on. I would much rather be the underdog to the mighty USC Trojans.

Edited by sacosud

It's no more crazy to say Ohio State and Michigan are the best two teams in the nation as it is anything else. At the end of the year, they are very likely to finish #1 and #2. You say they haven't proven enough, yet what other team has proven more? I don't think any team has proven more than any other team other than Ohio State THUS far.

Should we start counting now with the SEC going 3-0 vs. some of the ACC's best and the Big Ten's loss to the WAC or do we have to wait? :D

Yeah, Ga Tech is REAL good. And wow, what a big 7 point win over Bobby Bowdens worst team since he started at FSU back in the freakin' 70's. Oh yeah, Clemson, I'm REAL impressed. ACC is a joke this year, and you know it.

:D

Seriously dude, you are the one without a team in any BCS discussion. So if no one cares, its about what your pathetic opinion is. You like "the student" love to jump on the sac of Sc, because your school consistently drags the rear of that sad sack conference like his with UW.

But you are right, about one thing. I dont want any part of Boise St, because I want to see a real game, not a 300 yard rushing performance from my Sooners and a 42-7 win over Boise St. Boise St couldnt win the Big 12 North, and as you will see next week Nebraska s*cks.

You continue to prove why you are the BIGGEST idiot here. You call the PAC-10 A "sad sack" conference while your team plays in the Little-12 :D I love it when you run your mouth because you just validate what everyone already thinks of you. :D

That's alot to chew on...I get it PLEASE MAKE OSU the underdog..I just can not see how the Buckeyes would be able to compete in the SEC or THE PAC 10. Troy,Teddy,Antonio,Gonzo,Jenkins,The Animal, Beanie, Robo,Freeman,Hartline,Datish,Boone, and the rest of the Scarlet and Gray...Should arrive in Glendale very fearful of any team that scrambles for that last spot. I'm thinking if it's USC then OSU will be at least 21 pt. dogs and lord knows if we met with anyone from the SEC it would be much worse. I think it would show respect if the Buckeyes just came out to the 50 yardline took a knee and bowed a head to the USC Trojans or Florida Gators then just pray that we can show good face and when USC rolls OSU then we will come back to the poor BIG TEN wishing we knew how to play football and be like a SEC school. I just wish we could have a team like LSU,USC or even the Gators.....OH WELL..it's useless that will never happen.

OSU will be ready and Tress will bring it....SO...USC or Florida just bring it. I assure you OSU fans will make it another "02" trip they will be there in droves a week in advance. I like the thought process and hope this catches on. I would much rather be the underdog to the mighty USC Trojans.

Oh get over yourself. I clearly indicated that OSU deserves the top spot and also said that OSU and Mich may, in fact, be the two best teams as you guys keep saying. So please forgive me, oh downbeaten Buckeye fan for having the nerve to imply that they've been essentially playing in a vaccum this season.

Once again, unless you've gone toe to toe with other elite teams, how can anyone determine how good you are. That was the knock on Utah in 2004. I mean, why is Auburn the only team who gets to complain about not getting a shot at USC? Who knows how good Utah was?

BTW, my thread was less a knock on OSU and more one on Mich (and was frankly not even a knock on them). OSU may have skated on a rather easy schedule this year, but at least they've beaten everyone they've faced. That's all you can ask.