[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

#1 OSU vs #2 Michigan

sacosud

This in my mind is the biggest game ever between these schools and never have #1 vs #2 taken place till NOW!!!! 103rd meeting will go down in history and we will not see another one of these for years to come. I'm a huge college/pro football fan and it's funny to try to explain to the casual fan at work just how special something like this game is from a historic point of view. I have been telling people at work to plan ahead for this game since October and I think a few wish they had listened. I took the Friday off before the game and plan to enjoy alot of day before the game events. My police officer friend said yesterday that the Columbus police have "redlined everyone" meaning all police officers have been put on notice you will be ready if needed and there will be a larger than life presence from Columbus Police Department down on campus.

"The Game" the history is incredible and star players and killers on both sides.

Kolezar,A.Carter,C.Woodson,John Cooper(lol) and who can forget Tim Bia"puka" running for like 316 yards on us in 1996 I remember quite well....I was there in Ann Arbor that day and I wanted to puke!!! I spent 80.00 on a ticket and #2 OSU vs a 3 or 4 loss Michigan squad. I could not believe my eyes as from the endzone seat I had where all the Buckeye fans sit when you go to Ann Arbor you could see the huge holes Michigan o-line was creating and I had a bad feeling from the first snap. Bobby Hoying, Eddie George,Terry Glenn(Michigan is nothing quote) and so many more great OSU players looked very average that day and so it goes. Michigan no matter what and OSU on most occasions play up and beyond for this game. Michigan comes into the "SHOE" once again with the opportunity to ruin OSU shot at a national championship and out right Big Ten Championship.

The biggest Michigan killers for OSU I can remember Troy Smith and Archie I know people will say Stillwagon and Ray Griffin belong on the list...BUT I mean since the 80's. Chris Spielman always played well against the Wolves even in losing efforts. Daivd Boston finally got the Monkey off his back(Woodson) of course after Woodson left and made Marcus Ray pay for all the frustration. I have grown to love to hate Michigan players, but at the same time it's the Darth Vader feeling you love to hate them!!!! I wanted to jump through the TV whem Desmond Howard did his famous "Heisman"pose in the south endzone. I also wanted to choke Charles Woodson for his roses in the teeth walk after the 97 game in our house. I hate them and yet it's the evil that makes this game so special. Troy is now Michigan's demon with almost a thousand yards of offense against the Wolves himself and he has the opportunity to over shadow Archie in the Michigan game. Archie was 3-0-1 against the Wolves and is know as the biggest Michigan Killer TILL NOW. Troy Smith is the evil in SCARLET AND GRAY. I sure hope the BUCKS win those gold pants this year with all that's on the line.

DOES IT GET ANY BIGGER THAN THIS LET THE COUNTDOWN BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who is your most hated Michigan or Ohio State player???

1. Woodson(from Ohio and was by the far one of the best DB's I have seen in person.)

2. Tim Biabatuka(or however you spell it. I would research it, but what a waste of energy.)

Tim had one real game in his whole friggin life and that was against OSU.

3. Marcus Ray(just because he was a Woodson butt kisser and from Columbus)

4. Desmond Howard(THE POSE enough said.) and another Ohio kid gone bad.

5. Kolezar or however you say his name. I can remember 2 years in the late 8o's he killed us.

6. Anothony Carter another guy that seemed to step it up against us.

7. Harbaugh(the gurantee) and a key player against us.

8. Ricky Powers/Morris to me same type of player and Powers from Ohio.

9. Rick Leach little before my time but he was a killer and really hates us still today..lol.

10. Brian Griese(he got his big break against us and never looked back.

Most hated Michigan coach John Cooper.

easy one for me to answer, i can't stand Bo and Howard.

I think it's been since 1938 since 2 teams from the same conference were 10-0 or better and played each other. So historic is right, this game really doesn't need the extra hype, but it surely deserves it this season.

:D O..........H............

:D I................0..........

:bash: GO BUCKS!

If Michigan wins, this will be just another game for Michigan-OSU. So hype it all you want. But the bottom line is the loser wont see it as big as the winner will. From the outside looking in, I think Michigan will win this game. Michigan will test OSU's defense like no one to date, and will scheme some trickery and play action to the big fellow and win this game going away in the 2nd half.

My prediction. Michigan 31 - Ohio State 24 with 10 late points by OSU to make it closer than it really was.

As someone whose team has gotten beat by both teams, I can say... Michigans defense is better, but Ohio States offense has more weapons. I look for a low scoring game. Ohio States ability to force turnovers might be the difference. The game being in the Shoe is a huge advantage for TOSU. Michigan needs to get a big play or 2 out of Manningham, then things will get interesting.

I think it's going to be won or lost in the trenches. Can Michigan front four get pressure on OSU's Troy Smith and contain his running lanes??? Can Michigan do this so that they can drop the needed extra people to cover OSU wr's and stop the passing game of Smith to Ginn,Gonzo,Robskie,and Hartline??? I'm thinking it's most important aspect for Michigan is too get pressure with it's front four and contain Smith more than anyting else in the game. Michigan has a excellent front four no doubt there.

OSU needs to be able to stop Hart, Henne is good and capable and I can see Michigan trying to throw early to open up Hart. I do feel OSU will be able to bring the heat on Henne enough disrupt him at some point which leaves Hart as the key. OSU needs to be able to takeaway Hart and that opens up the defense to pressure Henne. Manningham,Arrington,and Breaston are very good take nothing away from them, but the way you take those special players out of the game is to get to Henne before those talented wr's can get open. The big play is key for Michigan especially at the Shoe and there can not be a big play if there is not enough time for it to develop. STOP HART and make Michigan a 1 horse team and tee off.

I'am a Homer no doubt and yes I know Hart has been hurt against OSU in the past. I think OSU defense that is averaging only 7.5 points against them all year will step up and take Hart out of the game. I also think OSU offense is a diffrent animal than Michigan defense as seen this year. OSU offense is well rounded killer with a above average running game and a passing game that is best in the nation because of Troys escapability which allows the Wr's to get open(it's dag gone tough to cover decent wr's with a scrambling QB). I see a OSU victory in front of 100,000 scarlet and gray nuts. The Shoe with it be a 3:30 kick will be deafening. It will be fun and will live up to the HYPE "The Game"

This is indeed a big game in college football, but maybe not as big as Michigan and Ohio State fans think. I could easily see a rematch especially if the computers have anything to do with it. If a rematch is likely especially in Ohio State's favor should they lose got to wonder if the Buckeyes might hold back a few things for the real game later this season.

This is indeed a big game in college football, but maybe not as big as Michigan and Ohio State fans think. I could easily see a rematch especially if the computers have anything to do with it. If a rematch is likely especially in Ohio State's favor should they lose got to wonder if the Buckeyes might hold back a few things for the real game later this season.

There is no way OSU holds anything back, nor should they. For one thing a rematch is by no means a certainty the way this college season is going, especially if USC runs the table against a brutal closing schedule. Also if OSU holds back and loses, then do get their rematch and come out all guns blazing and win, there will be the argument of a possible split championship. I firmly believe this is esentially the Big 10 title game(even though there is really no such thing) and an elimination game. OSU will hold nothing back.

:D ........containing T.Smith will be the key......i do not foresee OSU's running threat being an issue, we have to keep OSU from beating us on broken plays, as Michigan will disrupt many.....and yes, i can honestly say i do not loathe almost anyone or anything, but i do loathe the OSU............it is going to be a brutal week in the office as we have a few buckeye slappy's whose arrogance has been a constant all year long....easily the biggest college game of the year, if not decades.....hopefully Michigan can stay within 30 points... :D

Edited by Maize N Blue Backer

One thing I do know about this rivalry, throw out any statistics, and crap like that. All you gotta do is look at that 1996 game as an example of that. That Ohio State team was one of the best I've ever seen, and on paper shoulda manhandled that Michigan team, who finished 4th in the Big Ten. Things rarely happen "as they should" in these games.

As someone whose team has gotten beat by both teams, I can say... Michigans defense is better, but Ohio States offense has more weapons. I look for a low scoring game. Ohio States ability to force turnovers might be the difference. The game being in the Shoe is a huge advantage for TOSU. Michigan needs to get a big play or 2 out of Manningham, then things will get interesting.

Could not agree more, The shoe is very loud place to play. I went to columbus a couple of times, there is

nothing like it. I wonder if Tressel will have the Drug sniffing dogs again.

Troy Smith, the guy is amazing...Vince Young clone, probably a better passer, Maybe a step below as a runnner.

Could not agree more, The shoe is very loud place to play. I went to columbus a couple of times, there is

nothing like it. I wonder if Tressel will have the Drug sniffing dogs again.

Troy Smith, the guy is amazing...Vince Young clone, probably a better passer, Maybe a step below as a runnner.

What I remember the last 3 years is that Smith has played his best game of the year vs. the Wolverines, and OSU needed it every time. (Statistically I'm not sure if this is true, but just seemed like it to me as a casual Big10 fan.) If he starts out slowly or makes some big mistakes, Michigan can take advantage and pull out the upset.

Even with a huge game for my Trojans vs. Cal, I must admit this game is easily the most anticipated this weekend. I'm really looking forward to it.....

All i know is weird sh|t happens in this game. I wouldn't put money on either one. Michigan still needs to prove they can stop the mobile QB. Troy Smith twice, and Vince Young once have torched this defense. That said, this Michigan defense is arguablly as good as there 1997 squad. Lots of talent, lots of speed, and they are much faster than they were last year for this game. I do expect a low scoring affair. My mind says Ohio State, but my gut says Michigan.

I just hope we can stay within 10 points of the mighty Buckeyes.

I have to say I agree with this either direction. I think it will be within 10 points easy. Last couple years have been battles and it will be again. I also worry about Troy Smith. I now have watchd the Northwestern and Illinois games twice each. Troy is winding up more and tipping off the direction he's going and db's seem to be picking up on it. I feel that thumb is tight early and lossen ups as he plays. I say winding up, I mean he usally has the ball around his ear and just snaps off bullets he now seems to wind up more and holds the ball lower. When you do this it takes longer to get the ball where it's going and tips of db's more because you have to turn your body bring the ball back up because your holding it lower and of course find your target. College db's will pick this up on film and could be a problem. You know if some smuck who is obsessed with college football can see that Michigan db's and staff can. I hope it get's corrected.

I'm guessing Michigan fans are glad to see Troy leave OSU.

Just as OSU fans were glad to see Vince Young leave Texas last yr, as if he stayed, Texas unfortunately would be undefeated and have already beaten OSU, and Vince would be hoisting the Heisman he was robbed of last yr, and OSU would be hoping for a re-match with texas in the NC game.

Its a lil different, when you put it like that, isnt it.

Just as OSU fans were glad to see Vince Young leave Texas last yr, as if he stayed, Texas unfortunately would be undefeated and have already beaten OSU, and Vince would be hoisting the Heisman he was robbed of last yr, and OSU would be hoping for a re-match with texas in the NC game.

Its a lil different, when you put it like that, isnt it.

Nope.