[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

trading/commissioner

kbergerman

guys,

i've encountered more trading in my league this year than in the past two. i'm the commissioner and have final say over trades and i'm trying to keep the trading fair. my question is if i should allow trades even if they arent equal trades in my eyes. i know the parties involved in a recent proposal were not trying to cheat and it has aroused some controversy after i vetoed it.

thanks for the help

Yup, agree. Your job as a commissioner is to just prevent cheating. Bad trades happen, that's part of the game and also big win if you are the good side of a trade. What you really want to do is just evaluate if the trade is possibly two teams working together. If a team is completely out of the running I tend to scrutinize any trade with that team, but all it takes is "I'm just trying to make sure that I give good competition to the end" to sway me into allowing the trade. We have a veto process, but it is made clear in the constitution that this is only used to bring a red flag to the commissioner, in the end only we commissioners can veto a trade. To date, I never have had to.

Been the co-commish in our local for about 8 years now. Same type of setup, commish needs to approve trades. Have not had to veto one yet, and don't ever plan to.

Let the owner's manage their teams, if you start seeing something fishy, then start looking into it. Too many people around here are veto happy.

I agree with everyone's comments here +1 for all of them.