[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Deangelo Williams

Easy n Dirty

What did you all think about the much hyped Deangelo Williams coming out party on Monday night?

Despie Fosters inneffectiveness (13 carries, 48 yards), Williams was used sparingly (7 carries). And even more discouraging, he looked very ordinary (19 yards). I know it's a small sample size, but I didn't think he showed anything Monday night to make anyone think he's taking Foster's job anytime soon.

What did you all think about the much hyped Deangelo Williams coming out party on Monday night?

Despie Fosters inneffectiveness (13 carries, 48 yards), Williams was used sparingly (7 carries). And even more discouraging, he looked very ordinary (19 yards). I know it's a small sample size, but I didn't think he showed anything Monday night to make anyone think he's taking Foster's job anytime soon.

Agreed, but Foster hasn't shown anything all season that warrants him keeping the starting job. I'm surprised that given Foster's ineffectiveness they aren't giving the kid more chances, unless he's still more injured than we're led to believe.

Agreed, but Foster hasn't shown anything all season that warrants him keeping the starting job. I'm surprised that given Foster's ineffectiveness they aren't giving the kid more chances, unless he's still more injured than we're led to believe.

I would think they would gradually increase his role, IF they are going to give him more carries or start him outright.

It was a pretty bad sprain or at least it looked bad.

I'm more discouraged by the overall look of the Carolina O. I don't know how many sweeps they ran but it was at least a handful with quite a few going to DeAngelo. This is just the wrong run play vs. TB as they're just way too fast in pursuit.

Unless they get some more looks on O and mix things up with the play-calling, I doubt Foster or DeAngelo will do very well.

I would think they would gradually increase his role, IF they are going to give him more carries or start him outright.

I'm more discouraged by the overall look of the Carolina O. I don't know how many sweeps they ran but it was at least a handful with quite a few going to DeAngelo. This is just the wrong run play vs. TB as they're just way too fast in pursuit.

Unless they get some more looks on O and mix things up with the play-calling, I doubt Foster or DeAngelo will do very well.

I shored up the Carolina running game bu drafting Williams and Foster thinking they would be one of the NFC's elite team, and having their RB's would be a good move, as long as it wasn't an RBBC. I also drafted Lamont Jordan. So I thought I was in great shape at RB. :D For the record, and not surprisingly, I'm 2-8 in that league.

I shored up the Carolina running game bu drafting Williams and Foster thinking they would be one of the NFC's elite team, and having their RB's would be a good move, as long as it wasn't an RBBC. I also drafted Lamont Jordan. So I thought I was in great shape at RB. :D For the record, and not surprisingly, I'm 2-8 in that league.

i actually thought the same thing going into this season but didn't want to blow the early pick on Deshaun.

i'm still holding out hope for a strong finish.

St.Louis comes to town this weekend so you can probably start BOTH Foster and DeAngelo. Coming off a game where they allowed Maurice Morris to run for 124yds, 5.9ypc you can't get a juicier matchup. Allowing over 5ypc, 140+ypg, ~1TDpg on the season... if Foster OR DeAngelo can't get anything done this week then we might have to stick a fork in them this season. :D

Edited by kingfish247

i actually thought the same thing going into this season but didn't want to blow the early pick on Deshaun.

i'm still holding out hope for a strong finish.

St.Louis comes to town this weekend so you can probably start BOTH Foster and DeAngelo. Allowing over 5ypc, 140+ypg, ~1TDpg... if Foster OR DeAngelo can't get anything done this week then we might have to stick a fork in them this season. :D

It's week 11, I'm out of forks. Thoughts?

Nice. And you dispense advice on the other board??

:D

Haven't started Foster but once this season. Been starting LJ & Caddy. I know Caddy has been aweful but replacing him with Foster doesn't give me much confidence either. So I just dumped Foster & picked up Betts. Already feel like now Foster will come up big. :D

I think there were actually fewer sweeps called, but Williams made them look like sweeps trying to get to the outside. He just needs to punch it right up the middle and get as many yards as he can. It's tough to outrun the TB linebackers on the outside.

DW will improve. I look for this to be a 50/50 split soon and DW may actually end up taking over the majority of carries ala Addai by season's end. JMO

I don't think Williams take over the job outright. The Panthers problems all start on the O line. No push off the line and unable to hold a block to let a back through. If they can mend this problem, Foster and Williams as well as Delhomme could get back to the form everyone felt they had coming into this season.