[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Buckhalter TD ruled a McNabb Pass

gowdemon

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not even changed on NFL.com.

And you probably won't see a change on NFL.com. At least in the past, when things like this have happened, I have not seen them update it, at least on the scores page on NFL.com.

Our rules follow whatever MFL announces, which I would imagine they will do in the next few hours.

So the Elias Sports Bureau, official statistician of the NFL, can overrule the referees on the field who ruled that there was a fumble? Interesting...

the officials on the field made no such ruling. they only ruled that the play was still live when buckhalter grabbed the ball and ran in for the TD. the ball didn't hit the ground so they didn't have to make any determination as to whether reggie brown had control of the ball or not because it didn't matter.

it only matters for statistical purposes, and all you have here is one statistician's initial gameday judgment being overruled by another statistician's review.

most people this affects will be vis-a-vis mcnabb, but remember reggie brown will be affected by this too, losing a couple points for receiving yards.

do you Commishes go in and change the scoring yourselves? League wide emails?

after futher confirmation, i have issued a league wide email to notify of the change. Luckily it didn't change any results.............however in a league i don't commish, i lost by 2 points and have McNabb, so i'm waiting on the commishes to change the scoring or notify us of the potential change.

Was out of town all weekend, still have not seen the play in question.......

Someone explain this to me, I am kind of in shock here. How in the world can this be ruled a TD pass? are they ruling it was neither a fumble, or a lateral? I cannot see how either one of those constitutes a TD pass by McNabb.

Someone explain this to me, I am kind of in shock here. How in the world can this be ruled a TD pass? are they ruling it was neither a fumble, or a lateral? I cannot see how either one of those constitutes a TD pass by McNabb.

more like a tipped pass is all

they're saying brown never established possession, that it hit him, he sorta caught it but it flubbed out of his hands before two-feet-down-and-a-football-move, and buckhalter picked it up and ran it in, buck being the first person to establish possession. essentially it makes it like a tipped pass.

i thought this was the correct ruling even when i saw the play live the very first time.

My 23-year, TD-only, home league is in Eagle country, and the phone just rang and it was the McNabb owner. He wants his TD, which would give him high game of the week & the $100 that goes with it. I can't ever remember a scoring change that affected a TD, after the Monday newspaper, which was the barometer, but hasn't been mentioned in 15+ years. We have some new owners since then. I rule with an iron fist, making most every ruling (I am unusually fair dictator). But for this, I will go out to the league for a vote, 7/12 will set the precedent, last week's play inclusive in the ruling. So far, the voting is 2-2.

Edited by Ramhock

My 23-year, TD-only, home league is in Eagle country, and the phone just rang and it was the McNabb owner. He wants his TD, which would give him high game of the week & the $100 that goes with it. I can't ever remember a scoring change that affected a TD, after the Monday newspaper, which was the barometer, but hasn't been mentioned in 15+ years. We have some new owners since then. I rule with an iron fist, making most every ruling (I am unusually fair dictator). But for this, I will go out to the league for a vote, 7/12 will set the precedent, last week's play inclusive in the ruling. So far, the voting is 2-2.

A Vote? Are you kidding me? That's about unfair as you can get. The play was called incorrectly to begin with, so he had those points from the get go. This is no different then the change made on the C-Pep to Moss TD. To allow the league to make a call on the offical NFL scoring isn't even close to being "just".

:D

3 years ago, Tom Brady had a td taken away on a Thursday, original pass was changed to a lateral. I had won by 4 and instead lost by 2. :D

hmm, what exactly would be the justification for voting NOT to use the official stats? the fact that it wasn't in the monday paper? :D

so if you vote against it, at the end of the year Mcnabb will have say 30 Td's, but the Mcnabb owner will only get credit for 29? Doesn't seem fair to me.

A Vote? Are you kidding me? That's about unfair as you can get. The play was called incorrectly to begin with, so he had those points from the get go. This is no different then the change made on the C-Pep to Moss TD. To allow the league to make a call on the offical NFL scoring isn't even close to being "just".

:D

Not all leagues will be changing their scoring. I'm just sharing how I am handling it.

BTW, you can take your :D and shove it up your :bash: .

hmm, what exactly would be the justification for voting NOT to use the official stats? the fact that it wasn't in the monday paper? :D

Yes, a "rule" known by only the more senior owners, but which has never needed to be addressed with the newer owners. Before this internet thing, the Monday & Tuesday (MNF) USA Today was the bible.

Edited by Ramhock

Yes, a "rule" known by only the more senior owners, but which has never needed to be addressed with the newer owners.

sounds less like a "rule", more like "what we used to do in the stone age before computers". i mean, it seems like quite a stretch to say "we used to use the monday paper" means "we have a 'rule' that stat corrections are ignored". but hey, it's your league. :D

Not all leagues will be changing their scoring. I'm just sharing how I am handling it.

BTW, you can take your :D and shove it up your :bash: .

Wow! Any league that doesn't acknowlegde the official NFL scoring is just :D

Why not set up your own NFL stats commission within' the league and make all the calls yourself, forget about the Monday paper alltogether then?

Hmmm... so maybe the pass happy ways of the previous eight games is over now? Andy Reid is happy and the offense is balanced and McNabb owners just got 222 yards and one TD like the rest of us have been getting all season long from the other QBs. Take away the one Stallworth score and McNabb only had 138 yards passing and no touchdowns.

Hope it was fun while it lasted... :D

I think somebody owes McNabb an apology. :D