[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Buckhalter TD ruled a McNabb Pass

gowdemon

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So will the huddle be changing the scores for McNabb MVP owners from this past weekend?

The additional TD and yards inches me closer to that magic 500. :D

It probably cuts my deficit from about 60 points behind to 50.

Wow! Any league that doesn't acknowlegde the official NFL scoring is just :D

Why not set up your own NFL stats commission within' the league and make all the calls yourself, forget about the Monday paper alltogether then?

Again, we hear if it doesn't fit your mindset of how FF should be, then well, that's just plain crazy. :D

In my long time local, we usually have someone bring up the discussion ever other year or so. Some don't like that we update stats several days after the games have been played. Their arguement is that the game is over, you can't go back and use instant replay and change the outcome of a game in the real NFL, you shouldn't do it in our league either. If the NFL discovers a play was actually a TD later in the week, they pretty much say, whoops, sorry, but you still lose. They don't want to go several days thinking they won and then have the rug swept out from under them. Some teams may make desperate trades that week depending on how they did the previous week, especially this late in the season.

Those are some of the arguements I hear, but we have had a couple votes on this matter over the years, and it narrowly comes out in favor of fixing stats. But they do have to be announced by midnight Friday of that next week or it's too late.

Some don't like that we update stats several days after the games have been played. Their arguement is that the game is over, you can't go back and use instant replay and change the outcome of a game in the real NFL, you shouldn't do it in our league either. If the NFL discovers a play was actually a TD later in the week, they pretty much say, whoops, sorry, but you still lose.

that seems like a very weak argument, because it's just not how the NFL works. some controversies (like if something is a TD or not) have to be decided on the spot, once and for all. but FF works off of NFL stats, and the way the official stats work is some :D watching the game on sunday makes an initial, real-time determination, then later in the week the other :nerd:s review it and make sure they got everything right.

i can understand why maybe people don't "like" the scores changing, but i cannot fathom a legitimate justification for not crediting an owner with the official NFL stats of their player. some :D in a closet getting the call wrong on sunday absolutely should NOT trump the official NFL stat book.

that seems like a very weak argument, because it's just not how the NFL works. some controversies (like if something is a TD or not) have to be decided on the spot, once and for all. but FF works off of NFL stats, and the way the official stats work is some :D watching the game on sunday makes an initial, real-time determination, then later in the week the other :nerd:s review it and make sure they got everything right.

i can understand why maybe people don't "like" the scores changing, but i cannot fathom a legitimate justification for not crediting an owner with the official NFL stats of their player. some :D in a closet getting the call wrong on sunday absolutely should NOT trump the official NFL stat book.

Don't get me wrong, I agree.

But I think with some of my guys, we've been doing this since 1992. Ram's league even longer. Some of us old guys get set in our/their ways and what we did back then is good enough for us now. :bash:

so any news on yahoo? I can't find anything, and I'm the commish in my local, and this will affect the outcome. luckily in every league I'm not the commish, it doens't affect me.

this outcome in my local doesn't affect my game, mind you, only how the others will hate/love me. I think it has to be changed...so hopefully Yahoo will do it for me.

Stats Inc. has updated it as well.

http://snap.stats.com/premium/fb/boxscores...20061112021.asp

Espn has just also updated theirs too.

http://sports-att.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=261112021

It's not showing up but its only a matter of time before MFL gives their commissioners the option of changing the stats for week 10.

Funny thing is just went through the league I commish to see the impact and neither the McNabb owner (me) or the Buckhalter owner (co-commish) games are impacted. The Reggie Brown owner had won by one point, when this goes through he will lose by one point.

This happen in anyone else's league?

RTS just put this on their frontpage

ALERT: Notice from RealTime Fantasy Sports

Our stats provider has officially changed the touchdown play by Eagles RB Correll Buckhalter in last Sunday's game vs. Washington. They ruled that Reggie Brown did not have possession of the ball and, therefore, did not fumble. Here's a breakdown of the official scoring of the play and subsequent statistical changes from the game:

Scoring change to Week 10 WAS-PHI game:

10:57 remaining 2nd QTR:

There was NO FUMBLE on this play - it should be scored as a

55-yard TD pass from McNabb to Buckhalter.

PASSING

McNabb should have 257 yards passing and 2 TD

RECEIVING

Brown should be 1-for-18 with a long of 18.

Buckhalter should be 1-for-55 with a TD

PHI team should be 12-for-257 with a TD

FUMBLES

Brown and PHI team should have 0 fumbles

Buckhalter should have 0 recoveries.

PHI total yards should be 400; Net passing should be 255

anyone know if nfl.com will update, or is it because their site is "powered" by cbssportsline.com they won't update? with that being said... with fantasy sports being BASED on stats wouldn't it be the right thing to be accurate with those stats and score appropriately? :D

anyone know if nfl.com will update, or is it because their site is "powered" by cbssportsline.com they won't update? with that being said... with fantasy sports being BASED on stats wouldn't it be the right thing to be accurate with those stats and score appropriately? :D

NFL.Com will probably never update it, they never have in the past. I would expect an announcement today from CBS on your leagues homepage, but if not, it wouldn't surprise me either. MFL and RTS have already acknowlegded they have verified the report with Elias and have made the change. RTS did it themselves in all leagues, but in MFL, the commish must go to the "For Commishioners>Statistics Changes page and hit the button to update the stats "

NFL.Com will probably never update it, they never have in the past. I would expect an announcement today from CBS on your leagues homepage, but if not, it wouldn't surprise me either. MFL and RTS have already acknowlegded they have verified the report with Elias and have made the change. RTS did it themselves in all leagues, but in MFL, the commish must go to the "For Commishioners>Statistics Changes page and hit the button to update the stats "

TOS, I did not see an announcement on MFL. Where did you see that?