Sign in to follow this  
Ron Burgundy

I've waited all week to ask...

std scoring, no PPR.

This is a question I never thought I'd be asking...

Wali Lundy vs Buffalo

or

Shaun Alexander vs 49ers

Play it safe w/ Lundy (even though Gado could steal carries) or swing for the fences and hope Alexander scores twice during his 15 carries?

Thanks.

I haven't been following the SA saga lately, but if he's playing you start him. It's not like he's coming off a hamstring injury. If the bone is healed, he's 100% and they don't need to be safe with him.

I think you've got to base it on your matchups. I'd go Alexander, but if you're playing a weak team and think you can win playing safe, go Lundy. I would think that if Alexander plays half the snaps, he's getting the ones down inside the 10.

I would only expect a maximum of 15 carries from SA and I think that is being generous.The Hawks are sitting with a two game lead in the division and I think Holmgren uses the kid gloves on SA this week.

I feel the opposite of the above answer....if you need to swing for the fences play Alexander...but if you just need a solid consistent performance go with Lundy....personally though I think Alexander is not back yet and is still rushing back to the field and may re-injure himself this week.... Play Lundy

I would only expect a maximum of 15 carries from SA and I think that is being generous.The Hawks are sitting with a two game lead in the division and I think Holmgren uses the kid gloves on SA this week.

I agree - but just comparing SA with Lundy - Lundy has only started 4 games... only scored 2 TDs (the entire houston amount BTW), usually doesn't muster more than 15-20 attempts per game when they are winning... I'd just take 15 attemtps from SA before 15 attempts from Lundy - and I have to start Lundy this week.

I agree - but just comparing SA with Lundy - Lundy has only started 4 games... only scored 2 TDs (the entire houston amount BTW), usually doesn't muster more than 15-20 attempts per game when they are winning... I'd just take 15 attemtps from SA before 15 attempts from Lundy - and I have to start Lundy this week.

That's why I'm leaning towards SA - 12 carries out of SA is more appealing than 16-18 out of Lundy. And SA will get the goalline carries, whereas Gado may get the short carries for Houston.

But I'm curious why so many people think he's rushing back and will re-injure himself. As far as I know, his recovery has taken longer than expected. This leads me to beleive that the team took their time getting him back. I beleive Holmgren stated he wouldn't play until he was 100%.