[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Playoff QB situation: Need to pick one up...

Sharpie

I'm 8-3 and will very likely have a 1st round bye in the playoffs. So I'm really concerned with who to start at QB for weeks 15 and 16...and in the event my starters get benched or hurt.

My QBs: Kitna, Lienart

Matchups:

Kitna: @GB, vs Chicago. Not good considering the weather could be bad in GB

Lienart: vs. Broncos, @49rs. Not good considering SF could still be playing for the playoffs

I could just back one of these guys up with McCown or Warner but the matchups are not fantastic.

I could pick up any of the following:

A. Smith: @Seattle, vs. Arizona. Good

Brooks: vs. St. Louis, vs. Kansas City. Good but matchups could be against teams fighting for playoffs

Would you handcuff Kitna OR Lienart? Or pick up Smith or Brooks?

I'm 8-3 and will very likely have a 1st round bye in the playoffs. So I'm really concerned with who to start at QB for weeks 15 and 16...and in the event my starters get benched or hurt.

My QBs: Kitna, Lienart

Matchups:

Kitna: @GB, vs Chicago. Not good considering the weather could be bad in GB

Lienart: vs. Broncos, @49rs. Not good considering SF could still be playing for the playoffs

I could just back one of these guys up with McCown or Warner but the matchups are not fantastic.

I could pick up any of the following:

A. Smith: @Seattle, vs. Arizona. Good

Brooks: vs. St. Louis, vs. Kansas City. Good but matchups could be against teams fighting for playoffs

Would you handcuff Kitna OR Lienart? Or pick up Smith or Brooks?

Think I would not even consider Brooks. A Smith would be my choice. Can't see backing up any of those 2 QB's. Would think if they go down so do their teams.

See my Kitna post