[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Irvin is Incredibly Stupid

MikesVikes

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest problem I have with the perceived double "black man is keeping us white guys down" standard thing is the people who complain about it are feeding the beast.

I dont think anybody is saying the black man is keeping the white man down the arguments on the boards lately are about the fact that black people can get away with saying a lot more then white people when the subject is race and its very surprising that you dont see that..Jimmy the greek was fired for the exact same thing Irvin said..

This comment barely registered a blip on the moral outrage meter. That needle should have been bouncing around like it was the great San Francisco earthquake.

As someone who has written about the thorny issue of race, blasting white offenders for perpetrating racial stereotypes and ugliness, I cannot be a hypocrite.

link

You can if you're black. This is America after all.

So Irvin is a moron and racist to boot, wow what a shocker

:D

Just another day in hood.

How is it surprising that the reaction he gets from this is nothing compared to what someone would have got if they were white? The Great American Double-Standard is alive n well :D

This is the double standard that so many of us are sick of.

Yeah - too bad so many of that "many" don't have the backbone to speak up. esp those in the public limelight. Course many of those are bleeding-heart libs who have created this situation in the first place.

We need to clone Bill Cosby. Many times.

Edited by BeeR

and show all that ESPN truly is the leader in sports programming.

We're way past that. ESPN is not even a shadow of it's former self, it's a worthless husk pandering to the lowest possible levels.

:D Steve Young - find yourself a place where you can actually make use of your insight.

The answer to end racism in this country is certainly not tightening the affirmative action grip on the country further. As was the united auto workers union was created to give rights to workers, affirmative action was created to give minorities equal rights. Both are out of control because human beings are running them. The PC created by this is a never ending circle of discontent. There is no concession at all just keep driving and driving not matter the outcome. How does this end racism? Every leader worth a hoot in this country says the same thing about racism. We need knowledge and education to end it. I am not pretending to know what it feels like to be black in this country or native american for that matter. One fact that I try to remember is that blacks have a 387 year history on this continent: 245 involving slavery, 100 involving leagalized discrimination and the rest leading up to now. So, the minds of many cannot be changed just by mere programs and folks calling each other out constantly. All this does is create more division.

We need a radical move, an idea that isn't new, but is never on anyone's agenda. We need free education in this country. Just get rid of all the race dividing scholarships, college loans that make banks rich, and Ivy league legacy selection to undeserving students. Just get rid of these race dividing programs. Before people scoff at this notion, consider what the war in iraq is costing us. Tons of numbers out there, but some economists believe that it will have cost 2 trillion. Another figure to bring it down to earth a little more is 240 million per day. Doesn't matter. Allot of friggen coin. It's not liberal to think this money could go to better places.

Now back to your regular scheduled program. Sorry for the rant.

Allright...give me 10 random 6' 10" black dudes with 40 inch vertical maximum jumps and you get 10 200 + pound white guys with a 2" vertical maximum jumps. I bet my mortgage that it's infininelty easier to get a marked improvment on these guys SAT scores than you do with the white boys vertical jumps. You lose. Because that is reality.

I think you could markedly improve someone with such a low baseline of athletic ability with a few months of training. I bet you could double or triple those verticals.

Look, Msaint's comparison was fecetious and if everyone would stop being such a whiny pu$$ly about race (ie....wanting to see overaction from one side to justify the other side) and realize our differences, maybe in my utopia world, none of this stupid crap exists. :D

The biggest problem I have with the perceived double "black man is keeping us white guys down" standard thing is the people who complain about it are feeding the beast.

Eh, I know that the reason nobody cares when blacks say stuff about whites is that, well, whites have 99% of the money and power in the US. I just think if you have a standard going one way, it should flow the other as well.

And whether or not the comment was racially offensive has no bearing onto whether or not it was tasteless, which it was.

Yeah - too bad so many of that "many" don't have the backbone to speak up. esp those in the public limelight. Course many of those are bleeding-heart libs who have created this situation in the first place.

As a bleeding-heart lib, I sadly have to agree with you - letting the repressed get away with such behavior only encourages it. Never mind that to a large extent, the urban poor in America REALLY let down the 60s liberals.

The answer to end racism in this country is certainly not tightening the affirmative action grip on the country further. As was the united auto workers union was created to give rights to workers, affirmative action was created to give minorities equal rights. Both are out of control because human beings are running them. The PC created by this is a never ending circle of discontent. There is no concession at all just keep driving and driving not matter the outcome. How does this end racism? Every leader worth a hoot in this country says the same thing about racism. We need knowledge and education to end it. I am not pretending to know what it feels like to be black in this country or native american for that matter. One fact that I try to remember is that blacks have a 387 year history on this continent: 245 involving slavery, 100 involving leagalized discrimination and the rest leading up to now. So, the minds of many cannot be changed just by mere programs and folks calling each other out constantly. All this does is create more division.

We need a radical move, an idea that isn't new, but is never on anyone's agenda. We need free education in this country. Just get rid of all the race dividing scholarships, college loans that make banks rich, and Ivy league legacy selection to undeserving students. Just get rid of these race dividing programs. Before people scoff at this notion, consider what the war in iraq is costing us. Tons of numbers out there, but some economists believe that it will have cost 2 trillion. Another figure to bring it down to earth a little more is 240 million per day. Doesn't matter. Allot of friggen coin. It's not liberal to think this money could go to better places.

Now back to your regular scheduled program. Sorry for the rant.

This makes me happy to have the same last name as you. :D

{generalization coming up} how come whitey is almost always a better tipper than blackie? and its not just blackie. its beaners, canadians, any people from south america, eurotrash, etc. why?????

again, this is a generalized comment and i have had my share of bad tips from white trash, as well as great to excellent tips from some of the groups listed above. but, in general, theres no one like whitey. why?

again, this is a generalized comment and i have had my share of bad tips from white trash, as well as great to excellent tips from some of the groups listed above. but, in general, theres no one like whitey. why?

White liberal guilt - when someone as clearly down on his luck as you gives us good service, we feel compelled to help you out.

How is it not?

And a second point is why is it acceptable for everyone to cruise along on the assumption that blacks are better athletes - something where if you were arguing that blacks and whites are equal athletes EVERYONE would say you were crazy - but if you argue that whites are smarter, you are a "racist"?

They are better athletes. That's just a fact of life. God gifted us with strong musles and bones which is just an attribute we have. Not to say there are not very, very good and even great white athletes that are better then a lot of black athletes. Body types are God given and no matter how much conditioning, or strenght training any one person does there are some people who have the genetic makeup that will allow for better results period. No one would argue that Men are generally stronger then Women. That is just a fact.

However, this is not the case with intellect. Environmental influences, education and willpower are the only variables that typically dictate any individuals intellegence level or professional success. Therefore, Smartness, or lack there of, is a result of opportunities to enhance intellegence or gain knowledge rather then God given ability. That is not to say the some individuals are not gifted in certain areas of intellegence but by in large, everyone was given a brain that is basically the same. That is not true with body types, which should be easy for everyone to understand.

Edited by Cowboyz1

..Jimmy the greek was fired for the exact same thing Irvin said..

As I stated earlier, ESPN has the free will to disclipine Irvin the same way that CBS did with Jimmy the Greek. There are actions that viewers could take against ESPN if they feel that strongly about it.

IMO, CBS overreacted by firing Jimmy for his comments. I think firing Irvin for his comments would be a same mistake. The basic "2 wrongs don't make a right." I think a lot of people here want to see the pendulum swing both ways to fulfill some empty sense of political correctness.

People have posted they want to see Irvin get fired, because he jokingly mentioned that Romo could have some black lineage. :D IMO, I think those people should unknot their panties, get some salve, and apply it appropriately.

They are better athletes. That's just a fact of life. God gifted us with strong musles and bones which is just an attribute we have. Not to say there are not very, very good and even great white athletes that are better then a lot of black athletes. Body types are God given and no matter how much conditioning, or strenght training any one person does there are some people who have the genetic makeup that will allow for better results period. No one would argue that Men are generally stronger then Women. That is just a fact.

However, this is not the case with intellect. Environmental influences, education and willpower are the only variables that typically dictate any individuals intellegence level or professional success. Therefore, Smartness, or lack there of, is a result of opportunities to enhance intellegence or gain knowledge rather then God given ability. That is not to say the some individuals are not gifted in certain areas of intellegence but by in large, everyone was given a brain that is basically the same. That is not true with body types, which should be easy for everyone to understand.

So, you contend that athletic ability can be predetermined by DNA, but that intellectual ability is not affected by DNA? That is beyond absurd. The brain is a part of the human body just like muscles and are subject to the same genetic changes as other body parts. We all evolved and developed based on many factors that slightly changed our DNA and created what amounts to our genetic differences. To claim that those changes clearly affected athletic ability but in no way could affect brain ability is ignorant in the extreme.

You dont want to go down this road, but since you did, I will. you claim that blacks are better atheletes and attribute it all to genetics. But your excuse for why blacks perform worse academically is solely as a result of other influences. Of course, you have absolutely zero proof or evidence to back that up. And you really dont know why blacks perform worse on IQ and standardized tests around the world, regardless of those same factors. And I posit that it is the same reason that you claim blacks are better athletes, Its the Genetics Stupid! Maybe the colder climates where whites lived required whites brain power to adapt and survive, while blacks brains didnt have to adapt as long as they could run fast. Again, you want to go down the genetics road, you cant stop half way and claim it to prove your point about blacks being better athletes, but discount that very same DNA to account for the facts that you dont like, such as blacks not being smart.

Edited by spain

So, you contend that athletic ability can be predetermined by DNA, but that intellectual ability is not affected by DNA? That is beyond absurd. The brain is a part of the human body just like muscles and are subject to the same genetic changes as other body parts. We all evolved and developed based on many factors that slightly changed our DNA and created what amounts to our genetic differences. To claim that those changes clearly affected athletic ability but in no way could affect brain ability is ignorant in the extreme.

You dont want to go down this road, but since you did, I will. you claim that blacks are better atheletes and attribute it all to genetics. But your excuse for why blacks perform worse academically is solely as a result of other influences. Of course, you have absolutely zero proof or evidence to back that up. And you really dont know why blacks perform worse on IQ and standardized tests around the world, regardless of those same factors. And I posit that it is the same reason that you claim blacks are better athletes, Its the Genetics Stupid! Maybe the colder climates where whites lived required whites brain power to adapt and survive, while blacks brains didnt have to adapt as long as they could run fast. Again, you want to go down the genetics road, you cant stop half way and claim it to prove your point about blacks being better athletes, but discount that very same DNA to account for the facts that you dont like, such as blacks not being smart.

Spain your lip should be mounted. I can catch you on a cigarette butt.

I feel for you big fella. Your obviously to stubborn and been taught to ignore the truth despite the obvious. Ask yourself, what do you have to lose by admitting that God gave certain physical attributes to some and not others? Same as in the animal world. We claim to be a melting pot here in the U.S. but a melting pot melts everything together, thus losing the individual attributes of all. The country should be more like a salad, in which each attribute is appreciated for it's unique qualities and makes the whole salad better.

If you want to believe that a given race of people have a brain that is more capable of gaining knowledge and intelligence, then you my friend are one of two things. Scared or ignorant. Proof you ask, ok. Slowly the glass sealing for minorities is being dismantled and what do you see. Every aspect of life you see minorities excelling more, despite the "Master Race" having roughly a 200 year head start in America. Golf for instance; a predominantly white sport is now dominated by a Black man. Why, because they finally allowed non-whites to play on their sacred courses. Look around you, I know you can't like it because it goes against everything you believe in and breaks down your argument. Most of us were raised with the normal and decent idea that your fellow man is to be respected until he proves to you that he no longer deserves it. Some of you, will be driven crazy by your own fears and die without knowing the true freedom of accepting the truth that All Men Were Created Equal. Equal in the sense that intellectually, most all individuals are "Capable" (meaning possess the mental ability) of excelling academically, professionally, and spiritually. However, there are physical attributes that are different among the races and that is the cold hard truth. All you have to do is look around. It may not be pleasing to you and make you feel resentful but that is the fact.

All I know is, I don't need no stinkin Enzyte and I thank god for that........... If I stuck a nerve there Spain I apologize :D

Edited by Cowboyz1