[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper Question

Tford

My team is below; if you were in my spot in a league that has one keeper and one keeper only, who on my team would you pick?

Many would say FWP right off the start but hear me out. What about Brees?

Brees' Case

Brees is 1st in the league in yards, 6th in TDs with a 66% comp pct. Downside being his 10 INTs.

All of this adds up to 3rd in Fantasy points behind Peyton and McNabb. He has bounced back very well from his surgery, showing no ill effects from it and likely will get Comeback player of the Year. New Orleans will only get better with a young team and it looks as though Brees will be the one at the helm when they do.

FWP's Case

FWP is 5th in the league in rushing yards and as of Wednesday was tied for 3rd among backs with 9 TDs.

All of this adds up to 3rd in Fantasy points behind LJ and LT and the fourth best average per game behind the aforementioned and Westbrook. Parker is a focal point of his offense and frequently finishes off drives. He also has the ability to break off long runs from scrimmage as shown this season. The impending loss of Cowher and a possible change in offensive philosophy scares me. An emergence of a 3rd down back may also diminish his production.

Who Everyone Else Is Keeping

Bold is who I'm guessing they are keeping.

Team A - Romo, Rudi, McNabb, Henry

Team B - Vick, Delhomme, Kevin Jones, LJ

Team C - Palmer, Eli, Dunn, Edge

Team D - Carr, Plummer, J. Lewis, Gore, F. Taylor

Team E - Peyton, Westbrook, Alexander, Bears D

Team F - Rivers, Bulger, J. Jones, Tiki, Deuce

Team G - Grossman, Portis, T. Jones, R. Brown

Team H - Brady, LT, Green, Leinart, Addai

Team I - Hasselbeck, Big Ben, SJax, McGahee

I am likely picking 9th and 12th overall with my 1st and 2nd round pick. Seems like there will be more quarterbacks available than running backs with Brady, Vick, Rivers, Grossman etc. likely to be available.

What would you do in my spot? Thanks in advance for the opinion and feel free to leave a link.

Guest danvan76

If it helps any I think that they will both be there at your pick. But I would hold on to Parker, You could pick up anpother RB with you first round pick and most likely get Brees with your second.

See my post if you get a chance

Edited by danvan76

If it helps any I think that they will both be there at your pick. But I would hold on to Parker, You could pick up anpother RB with you first round pick and most likely get Brees with your second.

See my post if you get a chance

Hint not everyone know what you mean when you put FWP. So if you want more responces you should at least put W.Parker...........Just a thought

Do you think it would be wise to try and deal Parker for a 2nd round pick to the Tiki owner in the offseason and keep Brees?

His production is making this decision harder than I thought.

Edited by Tford

You will be able to get a reasonable QB in next year's draft far later than you will be able to replace the likes of FWP. Keep the RB, cut loose the QB. Nothing against Brees (I got him at 9.01 this year & he's been a stud that has my team in contention) but QBs are always more readily available.

I'm not sold on FWP. See how he does for the rest of the season now that their play-off chances are over.

I'm guessing PIT will be looking for a big back to steal goal line carries from FWP to preserve him for the long term. Remember that was the plan for Staley at the beginning of the year then Davenport.

One Injury for FWP and things can get complicated.

I like C. Taylor and even D. Willliams they are on run first teams as well and may not lose touches to a 2nd back next year. That said and I think D. Williams will be around after a couple of rounds next year...depending on Foster's health the rest of this year and how hot he gets.

I would keep a RB over a QB see Culpepper 2005 and 2006

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=187615

Edited by King

Do you think it would be wise to try and deal Parker for a 2nd round pick to the Tiki owner in the offseason and keep Brees?

His production is making this decision harder than I thought.

See if he'll do it for a first rounder, I managed to get one last year for Willie. But whoever you keep, make sure it's a RB. If the season pans out right you might want Williams, even Taylor, as the keeper.