[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

what the #$%& is wrong with Holt?

vansmack32

from fanball:

11/27/06 12:57 PM

THE NEWS

Rams quarterback Marc Bulger left Sunday's win over the 49ers for three plays just before halftime, with the given diagnosis being that he had the wind knocked out of him. Following the game, however, Bulger revealed that it was a bit more serious. "I've had a bruised rib," Bulger told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. "And he [49ers defensive end Bryant Young] got me right on the spot. So it pretty much knocked the wind out of me, and I couldn't breathe. I couldn't get up."

Our View

Bulger added that he has been taking pain-killing shots for "three or four weeks in a row now" in order to play through the rib injury. While we admire his courage, we must also point out that Bulger's production has tailed off dramatically over the past month. Perhaps there's a correlation?

--------------------

Man, that would explain a lot, including his hesitancy to throw anything deep, and the fact that his throws seem to have lacked a little zip lately. Interesting stuff.

Okay, if it is the case that Bulger can't throw deep adequately, then why haven't coaches made adjustments in the offense to either accomodate what passes Bulger IS capable of throwing, or relieving Bulger if the injury is that significant.

It could be that they did. There has been a lot of speculation as to why he has been reluctant to throw deep in the past few weeks, so they may have been protecting those ribs.

As for relieving him, Linehan is obviously confident in Frerotte, and in limited action Sunday and in the preseason he looked OK, so they must have thought it wasn't a hugh deal.

It could be that they did. There has been a lot of speculation as to why he has been reluctant to throw deep in the past few weeks, so they may have been protecting those ribs.

As for relieving him, Linehan is obviously confident in Frerotte, and in limited action Sunday and in the preseason he looked OK, so they must have thought it wasn't a hugh deal.

And the one thing Frerotte actually does well is throw the deep ball. Switching to Frerotte would be phenomenal news for Holt owners (including yours truly).

And the one thing Frerotte actually does well is throw the deep ball. Switching to Frerotte would be phenomenal news for Holt owners (including yours truly).

True, but his accuracy isn't that great.

Similar to Kerry Collins, great arm strength but always overthrew the WRs by about 6 yards. :D