[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OWNER DROPPING HIS ENTIRE TEAM

pmaddock

Forum members,

In one of my leagues, an owner (he is out of the picture with a 3-9 record and the least total points) dropped his entire team, leaving players such as Harrison, both Bells, Edwards, Shockey, Vinatieri, JJ, S. Moss, and Romo out there for free pickings on tomorrow's waiver wire. What do you all think of that? Should this owner be banned from this league or at least be shot by a firing squad? Should the commissioners disallow all shark feeding frenzies with the remaining teams in contention picking up the free agents (at $3 a pop). This is crazy. Has anyone ever heard of this happening before in anyone else's fantasy league through the years? I know in my 9 years of fantasy play, I have never seen anything like this. I am looking forward to your replies.

MD

The commish needs to reassemble the team, then let it die on the vine.

Lock the roster and find a replacement owner next year.

I had that happen in my league a couple of years ago. We froze the WW and put his team back together, and gave him a stern warning, that won't be tolerated. I'm glad we didn't replace him though, as it turned out the guy had a tumor in his brain which was causing his behavior to change.

Don't be so quick to give somebody the boot. Who knows what's going on with them.

First, expel the owner (unless there are extraordinary circumstances to his reasoning for doing it, such as a hacked computer).

Then cancel all his cuts, restoring the team.

Then either get a replacement owwner (probably unlikely), or have the commish or league consensus decide the starting lineup.

I had this happen two years ago in a league. as soon as the guy was out of playoff contention he did it. I quickly loaded his roster back up and then i set his roster for the nextweek (there was only a week of regular season left).

Like a week later he got on YIM asking me to rank one of his playoff teams in another league. He thought I was someone else. i told him how $hitty what he did was and he was never heard from again. I didn't even get to tell him not to bother with next year.

Then either get a replacement owwner (probably unlikely),

I've been a stand in player several times over the years, you should be able to ask around and find someone to take it over for the remainder of the season. It's actually quite fun seeng what you can do with a team in just a few weeks.

There can't be many games left, unless this is a total points league, which the 3-9 record indicates it isn't.

Reacquire the original team, change the offending owner's password so he can't access it again, let the commish start the team's best lineup for any remaining regular season's games, and then talk with the owner during the offseason & see if he is still interested in playing in the league - if he is let him know what the ramifications of his actions are and let him know that it will not be tolerated again, if he's not interested then boot him with no further harm done.

The commish needs to reassemble the team, then let it die on the vine.

Lock the roster and find a replacement owner next year.

this is the absolute correct response.

posts like this should always give the info as to whether this is a free league.

Because if it is, you should all be kicked out.....

...and I won't lose 2 minutes of my life by reading.

If it is not a free league, he should be notified immediately that he is out of the league (don't go for the "won't be invited back" sh!t). That's bush league.

I have seen this happen before right before the championship game. The owner claimed he did not understand the rules that his players could be picked up (most leagues do not allow FA moves after a certain point but this league did). It was quite a scramble and the commish made a bigger deal out of it than I felt was neccessary. The coach apologized, no one was allowed to pick up the players and it all worked out after a frenzy of emails!

In this case, the commish has to re-assemble the team. I suppose what to do with the coach would require some communication and understanding of his/her knowledge of the issue created. It might have been a mistaken understanding.

Good info from all above.

I was thinking, this happened to me 2 years ago. and we did the above, but what i hated was that i had to do 2 line ups each week. and i had to be fair and not try to help or hurt different teams with wins. and a problem with that is that not everybody is honest with stuff like that.

So when ever a team would play the abandoned team, they should play against the league AVG. not what the players score for that team.

Another problem with the abandoned team. is lets say you played them in week 2 when they were competitive and someone plays them in week 13, and lets say that is about 5 weeks since the team was ran. So there was no WW moves made or trades, and this team is less competitive by that time and making this unfair due to a bad owner.

Thanks for all of your responses. I actually copied and pasted the first 5 Huddle responses to my league commissioner for this Sportsline league (in response to one inquiry, this is not a free league. It costs about $63/person and the payout, with transaction fees, can be towards $300 for winning it all. I really do not know how people can play in free leagues. I could not play poker for free.). The commish is already formulating a fix for the situation by reassembling the guy's team. We have one more regular season week, and then 3 weeks of playoffs start. The guy who started it all simply got mad because he tried to change his lineup after 4:00 Sunday and was locked out. He sent an email to the commish to get the commish to put a different tight end for him after 4:00 and the commish told the guy that it was too late, per our league rules. The guy got mad, lost by a few points (he would have won if he was able to make the tight end change), got eliminated from the playoff scenario, and dropped his roster in retribution (though I do not know what good this does him or anyone). The commish has since then talked to the guy. I'm not sure if he is coming back next year or not.

PM