[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Favre or Leinart?

Wolv

Favre at home vs NYJ

Leinart away at StL

Normally I'd roll with Favre, but he's been off the past few weeks, and playing hurt. Leinart had a hugh game last week - is he finally understanding the offense? Nice matchup as well vs StL - prime for a shootout.

Edited by Wolv

Same question for me. Right now, i'm planning to start Leinart. If weather is an issue at all, you have to go with Leinart in a dome. My only concern is that AZ usually plays poorly at away games (last week was an exception even though they lost). This is a huge game for me since it decides the division and a first round bye. :D

Same problem here and I'm leaning toward Favre. Maybe Leinart's road woes are over since he threw for 400+ last week at Minnesota.

It's a tough choice. I agree, it may come down to the weather. But, when do you sit Favre because of the weather? Below 0? Rain? Snow? Under 20? Wind? Man, this stinks.

Well he did turn the ball over 4 times Monday night. Not all of it was weather related, but that is leaving a pretty sour taste right now.

Well he did turn the ball over 4 times Monday night. Not all of it was weather related, but that is leaving a pretty sour taste right now.

Sour Taste for me aswell probably a bit more. I had Harrington originally as my starter for last week, last minute i backed out.. So i put Leinart in there, then like 15 minutes before game time i hear abou Favre having the best week of practice and bla bla.. So i start Favre.. He costed me my division and possibly a playoff spot. If i won last week, i automatically get 175 bucks, cant happen anymore since our division is locked up, but now i need the win.. favre will be my guy one last time.

In my league's scoring system, if you just look at his starts, Leinart has averaged 20 fantasy points per game, and most of that time, it was without Fitzgerald. Now he has back the 2nd half of the best receiving tandem in the NFL, and given that neither their running game or defense are doing anything, they will be forced to pass alot. In Green Bay, meanwhile, Favre is a little banged up, and Ahman Green is decently productive on the ground, and their defense has also been surprisingly productive, meaning they will be able to be more conservative on offense than Arizona will. All this means; go with Leinart.

...except Edge has his one good game vs. STL (24 carries for 94 yds and a TD in Week 3) and STL is ranked next to last in points allowed to FFL RBs, so you HAVE to expect more running for ARZ. Maybe even LOTS of running for ARZ this week.

...and except Favre is a better QB

...and except Favre is playing against a worse pass defense (Jets are ranked 20th in points allowed to opposing QBs while the Rams are ranked 11th - note a lower rank means less fantasy points allowed)

...and except Favre is playing at home and Leinart is away for a second straight week.

In my scoring system Leinart is Averaging 17.35 and favre averages 20.85.. Not to big of a difference, BUT the knocks on Leinart are more than Favre

Leinart- Rookie QB on the road

-Coming off a big game, usually a let down spot now

-St.Louis isnt that bad against the pass

-Leinart and Favre are close in turnovers.

The safer play is Favre.. Hes at home, coming off a terrible game, and the coach wants him to get plenty of Td's before seasons end. I can see favre going with stas off 220 yards and 1 Td with a INT.. but i can also see Leinart going with 200 yds, NO Tds's and 2 int's.. Cant say i see the same for favre in any way shape or form

...except Edge has his one good game vs. STL (24 carries for 94 yds and a TD in Week 3) and STL is ranked next to last in points allowed to FFL RBs, so you HAVE to expect more running for ARZ. Maybe even LOTS of running for ARZ this week.

...and except Favre is a better QB

...and except Favre is playing against a worse pass defense (Jets are ranked 20th in points allowed to opposing QBs while the Rams are ranked 11th - note a lower rank means less fantasy points allowed)

...and except Favre is playing at home and Leinart is away for a second straight week.

Navin, Where do you get Fantasy Stats like that? Or do you just research it on your own. Thanks... Also Jets D has been playing awsome the last few weeks with 14,10 and 11 pts given up. Carrs stats last week came in garbage time.

"...except Edge has his one good game vs. STL (24 carries for 94 yds and a TD in Week 3) and STL is ranked next to last in points allowed to FFL RBs, so you HAVE to expect more running for ARZ. Maybe even LOTS of running for ARZ this week."

Edge did that against St Louis at home. Now, the Rams will be the home team, and they have all of the incentive in the world to play their hearts out, since they are two games out of the division lead. I could see the Rams dominating for three quarters, taking a big lead, then have Leinart pickup up some garbage stats in the final quarter. Since the Cards will be far behind, I cannot see Edge getting many touches in garbage time.

"...except Edge has his one good game vs. STL (24 carries for 94 yds and a TD in Week 3) and STL is ranked next to last in points allowed to FFL RBs, so you HAVE to expect more running for ARZ. Maybe even LOTS of running for ARZ this week."

Edge did that against St Louis at home. Now, the Rams will be the home team, and they have all of the incentive in the world to play their hearts out, since they are two games out of the division lead. I could see the Rams dominating for three quarters, taking a big lead, then have Leinart pickup up some garbage stats in the final quarter. Since the Cards will be far behind, I cannot see Edge getting many touches in garbage time.

Garbage time doesnt neccessarily mean good stats. If Arizona gets really behind, St.Louis is just gonna sit back and start picking Leinart off

Navin, Where do you get Fantasy Stats like that?

The Huddle where else? :D

NOTHING the Rams have shown over the last 6 weeks makes me believe they are capable of the type of game you imagine. They just plain suck against the Run and they're pretty good against the pass. They aren't going to dominate anyone anytime soon... Even the Cardinals.

The Huddle where else? :D

NOTHING the Rams have shown over the last 6 weeks makes me believe they are capable of the type of game you imagine. They just plain suck against the Run and they're pretty good against the pass. They aren't going to dominate anyone anytime soon... Even the Cardinals.

Navin, Jets D have also been pretty good. Right now Favre will be my starter, unless something changes.. Maybe i should purchse the package from Huddle.. i didnt know they give you fantasy rankings like that

"Garbage time doesnt neccessarily mean good stats. If Arizona gets really behind, St.Louis is just gonna sit back and start picking Leinart off"

In garbage time, the leading team often benches a couple of their key players, and on defense, play prevent to avoid any big plays that can put the other team back into the game. Meaning, Leinart would have short to medium passes to Fitz and Boldin open to him.

It's a tough choice. I agree, it may come down to the weather. But, when do you sit Favre because of the weather? Below 0? Rain? Snow? Under 20? Wind? Man, this stinks.

My answer would be not because of temperature but if it is windy and then rainy and snow. It is supposed to drop to mid-30's by Thursday here in Milwaukee and you can typically subtract 5+ degrees for Green Bay. Since the two QB's appear to have very similar projections I would put in Leinart as playing in the dome is ideal as playing in snowy/cold/windy is not ideal. Plus, if he is still having trouble with his grip it isn't going to be better in freezing temps.

Edited by Men In Tights

Navin, Jets D have also been pretty good. Right now Favre will be my starter, unless something changes.. Maybe i should purchse the package from Huddle.. i didnt know they give you fantasy rankings like that

YOu should purchase the package from the huddle as you will amazed at the amount of information you get.