[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Projections for BCS Bowls

Rockerbraves

While I might subscribe to the theory that Ohio State hasn't seen the type of team speed USC has brought to the table this year, the same is true for USC. There isn't one team on USC's schedule with the type of team speed, and more importantly, depth that Ohio State has. There offense is all based on a pick your poison mentality, and one thing that I've seen this year, is that Ginn has become more of a complete receiver. He's no longer just a speed guy, he can get those tough 9 yard catches on 3rd and 9 too.

I dunno about that - not taking anything away from OSU, they have great team speed, but USC has faced much quicker, faster teams in their schedule, and in the Pac 10 than OSU has in the Big 10.

Should be an awesome game, looking forward to it already..........

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, there isn't one team on USC's schedule that has the type of talent Ohio State has. Not one. I mean which team has USC faced that even has the type of Quarterback that Troy Smith is? What team has USC faced with the type of receiving depth that Ohio State has. I mean forget about Ginn and Gonzo for a second. Roy Hall, Hartline, Robiske, are all outstanding receivers. Ohio State has a very experienced offensive line to go along with that. There defense is full of ball hawking playmakers, and their corners have the size and speed to go toe to toe with the USC receivers. I'm sorry, I am looking at USC's schedule, and I really can't find one team really even close to Ohio State. I mean they played a tough schedule, I'm not denying that, but please, help me out here. Which team has a group of receivers with the type of game speed that Ginn and Gonzo possess? Don't give me Notre Dame, cuz Notre Dame did nothing vs Michigan, and Ohio State had over 400 yards of offense vs them.

Edited by GWPFFL BrianW

Sorry, there isn't one team on USC's schedule that has the type of talent Ohio State has. Not one. I mean which team has USC faced that even has the type of Quarterback that Troy Smith is? What team has USC faced with the type of receiving depth that Ohio State has. I mean forget about Ginn and Gonzo for a second. Roy Hall, Hartline, Robiske, are all outstanding receivers. Ohio State has a very experienced offensive line to go along with that. There defense is full of ball hawking playmakers, and their corners have the size and speed to go toe to toe with the USC receivers. I'm sorry, I am looking at USC's schedule, and I really can't find one team really even close to Ohio State. I mean they played a tough schedule, I'm not denying that, but please, help me out here. Which team has a group of receivers with the type of game speed that Ginn and Gonzo possess? Don't give me Notre Dame, cuz Notre Dame did nothing vs Michigan, and Ohio State had over 400 yards of offense vs them.

Brian, did you even read the post? Show me where I stated USC played a team as fast or as talented as OSU- jeezus you Big 10 peeps. My point was USC has played more skill-oriented faster teams that OSU has on their respective schedules.period. I was not comparing any of USC's foes to OSU, just that they were tested more, and played agains more talented skill position players than OSU, which the Pac 10 generally has year in and year out. Relax, we all know OSU is damn good.

Our D sucked last year compared to this year - not even VY would score like that on us again this year. Tho younger, we're much faster and stronger at almost every spot (our safeties were maybe better last year, but that's it).

This is why I think we still have a decent shot, even vs. the Heisman-led Bucks.....

LMMFAO, Vince Young is tearing up the NY Giants Defense, and you dont think he could shred that sad sack defense from USC this yr. Get off the crack pipe dude. SC is decent at best, and I see them no better than 7th in the country.

My top 10

1. OSU

2. Michigan

3. FLA

4. OU

5. Louisville

6. Wisconsin

7. USC

8. Auburn

9. LSU

10. Arkansas

And when its all said and done, Michigan will be the #2 to OSU in the final rankings after they whip LSU. LSU on offene will get dimantled by the Michigan defense, and there isnt anyone on LSU that can cover Manningham.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

A battle tested team only comes into effect when the game is close, or the teams are evenly matched. I dont see LSU and Michigan evenly matched, and I certainly dont see OSU and SC anywhere close to evenly matched.

Seriously, the Bucks couldnt contain Manningham, or Hart, and LSU is suppose to be great on defense, but dont have the speed to compete with the Wolverines on defense. Then on offense, LSu is going to get completely torn apart by the Michigan defense.

So I dont buy into LSU faced more solid teams, when they are no where near the class of a Michigan, and the same for SC when comparing them to a great OSU team. Michigan faced the team and lost by 3 on the road, while LSU faced several good teams and lost 2 of those games.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

LMMFAO, Vince Young is tearing up the NY Giants Defense, and you dont think he could shred that sad sack defense from USC this yr. Get off the crack pipe dude. SC is decent at best, and I see them no better than 7th in the country.

My top 10

1. OSU

2. Michigan

3. FLA

4. OU

5. Louisville

6. Wisconsin

7. USC

8. Auburn

9. LSU

10. Arkansas

And when its all said and done, Michigan will be the #2 to OSU in the final rankings after they whip LSU. LSU on offene will get dimantled by the Michigan defense, and there isnt anyone on LSU that can cover Manningham.

The Ducks #4? They are only the 6th best team in the Pac-10.

A lot of man-love going on between you and Mr. Young :D

SC ... decent :bash: 55-19 :D

The "REAL" Top-10

1- Ohio State

2- Michigan

3- The University of Southern California

4- Florida

5- LSU

6- Arkansas

7- Wisconsin

8- Louisville

9- Boise St.

10- Rutgers

Edited by theprofessor

WHAT? Michigan is not battle tested. Have u ever watched a bigten football game?

It's all relative. I don't think anyone here is comparing Michigan to Boise St. or anything but you have to admit that they haven't gone through what LSU has. Mich's biggest win is against ND who's been exposed as rather suspect. Next on the list is Wisc who's played exactly one strong team (Mich)... and lost. Wisc. would be lucky to win 7 games (4 of which would be to the hacks they played out of conference) if they played in the SEC. Who's next? Do you mean to imply that the rest of their conference match-ups even hold a candle to LSU's?

So the point is, Mich has had to sack up and play a really strong team exactly once this year. LSU has had to go on the road vs FL, Aub, Tenn, and ARK. By god, that must be about the 10th time I've written that. I'll make you all a deal. I'll let it go as soon as all you Big 10 honks admit that nobody in that conference has played anyone yet. This isn't saying that OSU and Mich aren't great teams and I'm not saying that a second tier SEC team like Tenn or Auburn could run with them.

Starting to wonder if there is anyway USC could win this weekend and not make it to the NC?

Let's say USC beats UCLA by 3 or less in a game where UCLA dominates every category of the game yet USC gets one of those Oregon/Auburn type calls and wins the game 17-14 while the Gators put a big time whooping on the Hogs say 49-3. Could the Gators or even possible Michigan overtake the Trojans even after a win over UCLA?

The Ducks #4? They are only the 6th best team in the Pac-10.

A lot of man-love going on between you and Mr. Young :D

SC ... decent :bash: 55-19 :D

The "REAL" Top-10

1- Ohio State

2- Michigan

3- The University of Southern California

4- Florida

5- LSU

6- Arkansas

7- Wisconsin

8- Louisville

9- Boise St.

10- Rutgers

Well at least you agree SC doesnt belong in the NC game. And I did my top 10 based on if this team played the teams in front of them, would they lose. The only teams I think could beat my Sooners right now are OSU and Michigan, and maybe Florida, if they can score points. Boise St, Louisville, LSU, Wisconsin, solid teams, but none could hang with my Sooners. Add to the fact, OU should only have 1 L, and I think they are at worst the 2nd best 1 loss team in the country.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Well at least you agree SC doesnt belong in the NC game. And I did my top 10 based on if this team played the teams in front of them, would they lose. The only teams I think could beat my Sooners right now are OSU and Michigan, and maybe Florida, if they can score points. Boise St, Louisville, LSU, Wisconsin, solid teams, but none could hang with my Sooners. Add to the fact, OU should only have 1 L, and I think they are at worst the 2nd best 1 loss team in the country.

No question if LSU played Oklahoma's schedule the Tigers would be undefeated. You and I both know Les Miles would have drooled all over himself playing this schedule. Hmmm...No top ten teams? Surely this can't be right? Ok, ok now I see the meat of the OK schedule #19 Texas at a neutral site and that 17-16 road game vs. #23 ranked Aggies who beat the #19 Texas team that put an 18 point whoop ass on Oklahoma.

UAB @ LSU

Washington @ LSU

Oregon @ Eugene

Middle Tennessee @ LSU

Texas @ Shreveport's Independence Stadium

Iowa St @ LSU

Colorado @ LSU

Missouri @ Columia, MO

A&M @ College Station

Texas Tech @ LSU

Baylor @ Waco

Oklahoma State @ Stillwater

Edited by Rockerbraves

Sarge, I'm just curious. What exactly do you base your claims that the Sooners are the 3rd or 4th best team in the country? The rest of us bother to research stats, relative strength of teams beaten and lost to, etc. and you tend to reply with little more than vitriol. I'm still waiting for you to produce a shred of data that backs up anything you say.

I'll start by saying why OU is not all that.

1) 18 pt loss to a UT team that has 3 losses (one of which to unranked K-State, one to barely ranked A&M)

2) Regardless of the call, that unranked Oregon was even in position to win that game at all

3) Somewhat less than convincing wins against OSU and A&M

4) No wins against any team in the top 20

Now, certainly you must have something that puts all of this in perspective? Something that would explain why, say an LSU team with two wins against top 20 teams "couldn't hang" with them?

Things that don't, IMO, put this all into perspective:

A strong 7 pt win against now 3-9 AUB

Convincing wins against Baylor (4-8), Middle Tenn St (1-4 out of conference), Colorado (2-10), and Iowa St. (4-8)

Sorry, doesn't look like a resume for "Nobody but Ohio St., Mich, and Florida can hang with us".

Again, humor me here and show me more than the knee-jerk garbage that you typically bring. Otherwise, kindly go back to the kiddy pool.

Sarge, I'm just curious. What exactly do you base your claims that the Sooners are the 3rd or 4th best team in the country? The rest of us bother to research stats, relative strength of teams beaten and lost to, etc. and you tend to reply with little more than vitriol. I'm still waiting for you to produce a shred of data that backs up anything you say.

I'll start by saying why OU is not all that.

1) 18 pt loss to a UT team that has 3 losses (one of which to unranked K-State, one to barely ranked A&M)

2) Regardless of the call, that unranked Oregon was even in position to win that game at all

3) Somewhat less than convincing wins against OSU and A&M

4) No wins against any team in the top 20

Now, certainly you must have something that puts all of this in perspective? Something that would explain why, say an LSU team with two wins against top 20 teams "couldn't hang" with them?

Things that don't, IMO, put this all into perspective:

A strong 7 pt win against now 3-9 AUB

Convincing wins against Baylor (4-8), Middle Tenn St (1-4 out of conference), Colorado (2-10), and Iowa St. (4-8)

Sorry, doesn't look like a resume for "Nobody but Ohio St., Mich, and Florida can hang with us".

Again, humor me here and show me more than the knee-jerk garbage that you typically bring. Otherwise, kindly go back to the kiddy pool.

I see you failed to read my previous post, about how meaningless being tested is, when teams have superior talent.

Sorry, but LSU simply isnt that good, and the SEC as a whole is the best conference in the country top to bottom, but other than the Big 2, College football is in a down year overall, with the elite teams of the past 5 or so years. Could this yrs OSu team compete with last yrs SC or Texas, maybe. Could any of these teams compete with the top 3 the year before that, including that stacked Auburn team. I dont think so. The top programs outside of OSU and Michigan, are all rebuilding with youth, who may be great next yr, but isnt great right now. And if LSU is so good, why are they not in the SEC Champ game, yet people want to appoint them as this top 5 team. LSU is also not a young team, and they will probably decline next yr, trying to rebuild again, like my Sooner are doing this yr. And quite frankly its my honest opinion my Sooners would beat LSU right now.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

I see you failed to read my previous post, about how meaningless being tested is, when teams have superior talent.

This may be true, in regards to, say, Ohio St. or Mich who have played relatively easy schedules but passed whatever tests have come their way. If OK had played nothing but patsies all year and was sitting undefeated, I might have to give you the benefit of the doubt, but they haven't. They, in fact, have been mildly tested and haven't exactly come out with flying colors.

Forgive me if I don't count an opinion you posted earlier as factual data for backing up your current assesment.

Basically you're argument that OK is the 3rd or 4th best team in the country can be shot down with this and this alone. If you want to be considered even the 5th best team in the country, you can't have an 18 pt loss to the 18th ranked team and have your most impressive win be a one point victory against the 24th ranked team in the country. Explain how you can consider OK's body of work to be even better than, say Wake Forest's? We have nothing to go on but what teams have done. As of now we have 3 months worth of evidence and they've amassed very little that points to your claim.

Now, if OK goes out and throttles Nebraska, you'll have a strong argument that they at least belong in the top 10, but as of now...

Edited by detlef

OU has gotten stronger as the year has gone on. Ou had Texas beat in the first half, and fell apart in the 3rd quarter. Im making no excuses for the loss, Texas won the game. But Texas was a better team in October than they are now, and before McCoy got hurt, Texas was a 1 loss team. It just goes to show how important the Qb position is. Now keep in mind OU is starting a converted WR at Qb after dismissing their #1 Qb in the offseason, and look at how he and the team have gotten better and better every week. Their OL was in shambles at the beginning of the season, as was their run defense, so Stoops started playing freshman and sophmores, and now those guys are dominating and allowing also ran Rbs like 3rd string Chris Brown to rush for 150 plus in his start this season, and the OU defense has improved weekly as well. .

Like a few years ago, in Carson Palmers senior season, would anyone argue Sc was not one of the top 2 teams in the country, but because they lost early, they were not even in the conversation for the NC game. You take away the Pac-10 FU, and OU is a top 5 team right now. There is no doubt about it. Are you telling me they would rank a 2 loss LSu team ahead of a 1 loss OU team, playing for the Big 12 title while LSU cant even get into their title game.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Like a few years ago, in Carson Palmers senior season, would anyone argue Sc was not one of the top 2 teams in the country, but because they lost early, they were not even in the conversation for the NC game. You take away the Pac-10 FU, and OU is a top 5 team right now. There is no doubt about it. Are you telling me they would rank a 2 loss LSu team ahead of a 1 loss OU team, playing for the Big 12 title while LSU cant even get into their title game.

get outta here with this OU bullsh*t jeezus. LSU would be favored over OU, dummy OU and bury em- you are outta your mind. The Big 12 was possibly THE WORST major conference in the country, a top 5 team?? this is getting old, and you need to wake up. You have the argument of a 3rd grader, oh, LSU is not playing in the SEC title game?? point being?? what, they played an incredibly tough schedule, one that OU would have come thru with 4 L playing? I mean, taking away ZERO top 10 wins by your entire Big 12- do you watch the games being played? The Big 12 sucks this year, and the entire country knows this except for your dumbass.

and back to the Michigan thang- no, they were tested by OSU, and Wisky, who is a decent team, not top 10 material, but solid. They were not tested with quality games the way USC, and the SEC was this year. I have alot of respek for the Big 10- it was just flat out down this year, and there is no way you will convince me it wasn't, unless maybe they all crush in their bowl games, which will not happen IMO. Wisky is the biggest joke right now. I mean, seriously, what, a quality L to Mich gets them there, they had exactly 1 top 30 win the entire year- and would get dummied and be one and done in a playoff format. That NC shcedule they played is embarrasing.

get outta here with this OU bullsh*t jeezus. LSU would be favored over OU, dummy OU and bury em- you are outta your mind. The Big 12 was possibly THE WORST major conference in the country, a top 5 team?? this is getting old, and you need to wake up. You have the argument of a 3rd grader, oh, LSU is not playing in the SEC title game?? point being?? what, they played an incredibly tough schedule, one that OU would have come thru with 4 L playing? I mean, taking away ZERO top 10 wins by your entire Big 12- do you watch the games being played? The Big 12 sucks this year, and the entire country knows this except for your dumbass.

and back to the Michigan thang- no, they were tested by OSU, and Wisky, who is a decent team, not top 10 material, but solid. They were not tested with quality games the way USC, and the SEC was this year. I have alot of respek for the Big 10- it was just flat out down this year, and there is no way you will convince me it wasn't, unless maybe they all crush in their bowl games, which will not happen IMO. Wisky is the biggest joke right now. I mean, seriously, what, a quality L to Mich gets them there, they had exactly 1 top 30 win the entire year- and would get dummied and be one and done in a playoff format. That NC shcedule they played is embarrasing.

What's sad is OU would win the Pac-10, yet you continue to run that mouth. That is by far the worst conference in the country, and when its all said and done, the Pac-10 will get embarassed in the bowls once again this yr, while the Big 12 will prove to be better than you give them credit for. Again.

What's sad is OU would win the Pac-10, yet you continue to run that mouth. That is by far the worst conference in the country, and when its all said and done, the Pac-10 will get embarassed in the bowls once again this yr, while the Big 12 will prove to be better than you give them credit for. Again.

:D good stuff, yet again. OU would have had 3-4L in the Pac 10- and you know it. Win the Pac 10? they would have lost at WSU, OU, oh wait they did that already, USC, UCLA, OSU, CAL, I mean, take your pick.

The Pac 10 ws right behind the SEC in top 10 wins, and #1 by quite a bit in Top 30 wins, those are some solid numbers. The Big 12 had ZERO top 10 wins, and I think 5 top 30 - embarrasing.

Please give me some facts pointing to the Big 12 being better, the fact is there are none other than you are moronic homer.

Are you telling me they would rank a 2 loss LSu team ahead of a 1 loss OU team, playing for the Big 12 title while LSU cant even get into their title game.

Think that is what the BCS is saying. Personally I think the voters have already given your OK team the win over Oregon and thus their current high ranking. Should however your OK team lose this weekend to the nations #20th ranked Nebraska they will rightfully plummet right out of the standings. Sort of funny how your self proclaimed #4 ranked OK team is only favored by slightly over a FG to beat a 20th ranked team. What gives there?

OU has gotten stronger as the year has gone on. Ou had Texas beat in the first half, and fell apart in the 3rd quarter. Im making no excuses for the loss, Texas won the game. But Texas was a better team in October than they are now, and before McCoy got hurt, Texas was a 1 loss team. It just goes to show how important the Qb position is. Now keep in mind OU is starting a converted WR at Qb after dismissing their #1 Qb in the offseason, and look at how he and the team have gotten better and better every week. Their OL was in shambles at the beginning of the season, as was their run defense, so Stoops started playing freshman and sophmores, and now those guys are dominating and allowing also ran Rbs like 3rd string Chris Brown to rush for 150 plus in his start this season, and the OU defense has improved weekly as well. .

You give compelling arguments for why OU wouldn't get waxed by half the top 10 but none of this says, once again, that nobody outside of OSU, MICH, and maybe FL could hang with them.

If you talked with someone intimate with Rutgers, you could get the same optimistic homer outlook as you just gave.

Honestly, if you were merely saying, "Don't sleep on OU, they're better than you might think." I'd let it go. But that's not how you started this whole thing. As far as LSU being better than OK. As has been said by others, if LSU played OU's schedule, USC, Mich, FL, and everyone else could hold their breath because we'de be looking at two undefeated teams.

Of course, I should point out that, cute as your arguments are, the fact that they just beat a 6-6 OK St. by less than a touchdown sort of flies in the face of the getting better and better and could now ball with the best of them argument.

:D good stuff, yet again. OU would have had 3-4L in the Pac 10- and you know it. Win the Pac 10? they would have lost at WSU, OU, oh wait they did that already, USC, UCLA, OSU, CAL, I mean, take your pick.

The Pac 10 ws right behind the SEC in top 10 wins, and #1 by quite a bit in Top 30 wins, those are some solid numbers. The Big 12 had ZERO top 10 wins, and I think 5 top 30 - embarrasing.

Please give me some facts pointing to the Big 12 being better, the fact is there are none other than you are moronic homer.

What top 10 teams has the Pac-10 beaten. Sc over ND and Ark, are either really a top 10 team. I mean when ND gets punked in their bowl, and Arkansas loses to Fla this weekend, the Pac-10 will have exactly 0 wins against the Final top 10. OU will be in that top 10, and probably closer to #5, ranked ahead of LSU.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

You give compelling arguments for why OU wouldn't get waxed by half the top 10 but none of this says, once again, that nobody outside of OSU, MICH, and maybe FL could hang with them.

If you talked with someone intimate with Rutgers, you could get the same optimistic homer outlook as you just gave.

Honestly, if you were merely saying, "Don't sleep on OU, they're better than you might think." I'd let it go. But that's not how you started this whole thing. As far as LSU being better than OK. As has been said by others, if LSU played OU's schedule, USC, Mich, FL, and everyone else could hold their breath because we'de be looking at two undefeated teams.

Of course, I should point out that, cute as your arguments are, the fact that they just beat a 6-6 OK St. by less than a touchdown sort of flies in the face of the getting better and better and could now ball with the best of them argument.

Okie St got up to play OU as they do every year, because its an instate rivalry game.

Sc lost to unranked Oregon St, explain that one.

Id bet money OU wouldnt lose to Auburn and LSu did, and Texas in October would have beaten LSU as well. Add to the fact, OU has more talent and is a better team, and should have only 1 loss. Yeah, I think they are clearly better than LSU.

Think that is what the BCS is saying. Personally I think the voters have already given your OK team the win over Oregon and thus their current high ranking. Should however your OK team lose this weekend to the nations #20th ranked Nebraska they will rightfully plummet right out of the standings. Sort of funny how your self proclaimed #4 ranked OK team is only favored by slightly over a FG to beat a 20th ranked team. What gives there?

The Voters have OU at #8 in the Ap Poll and #10 in the ESPN poll. Once Ark loses this weekend, and LSU and Sc lose their bowl game, I see my Sooners continue to climb in the polls. Its that simple. Im not saying OU is the best team in the country, they are simply better than LSU, and in the final polls, that should be apparent.