[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Projections for BCS Bowls

Rockerbraves

Okie St got up to play OU as they do every year, because its an instate rivalry game.

Sc lost to unranked Oregon St, explain that one.

Id bet money OU wouldnt lose to Auburn and LSu did, and Texas in October would have beaten LSU as well. Add to the fact, OU has more talent and is a better team, and should have only 1 loss. Yeah, I think they are clearly better than LSU.

uh, Oregon State is #24 in the BCS- and would have done some serious damage in the backwater Big 12. You have an excuse for everything. The reality is, your Big 12 had very few quality wins, period. end of story. Answer the question- I gave you some hard numbers, let's hear some from the Big 12?????

There is a reason they are the 4th or even 5th ranked conference all season. Beat it

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all relative. I don't think anyone here is comparing Michigan to Boise St. or anything but you have to admit that they haven't gone through what LSU has. Mich's biggest win is against ND who's been exposed as rather suspect. Next on the list is Wisc who's played exactly one strong team (Mich)... and lost. Wisc. would be lucky to win 7 games (4 of which would be to the hacks they played out of conference) if they played in the SEC. Who's next? Do you mean to imply that the rest of their conference match-ups even hold a candle to LSU's?

So the point is, Mich has had to sack up and play a really strong team exactly once this year. LSU has had to go on the road vs FL, Aub, Tenn, and ARK. By god, that must be about the 10th time I've written that. I'll make you all a deal. I'll let it go as soon as all you Big 10 honks admit that nobody in that conference has played anyone yet. This isn't saying that OSU and Mich aren't great teams and I'm not saying that a second tier SEC team like Tenn or Auburn could run with them.

Yet all we have to go by is that people SAY the SEC is the most dominant conference, and therefore all of LSU's games stack up better than Michigans. The reality is, the SEC hasn't proven itself outside of their own conference. LSU in particular played nothing but cupcakes outside of their conference. So again, while your PERCEPTION is that the SEC is stacked and strong, it means nothing. Whose to say, the Big Ten doesn't wipe the mat with SEC teams in bowls, and prove that maybe the Big Ten is BETTER than people thought, or more importantly, maybe the SEC isn't as GOOD as people thought. It's just like the Pac 10 homers, saying, look at all of the quality LOSSES outside the conference we have. Other than USC, the Pac 10 sucks out of conference. And I'm not even saying YOUR PERCEPTION is wrong. I'm saying, lets let Michigan and LSU settle it on the field, and you know what, it'd be a very good close game, but I think Michigan would come out on top. LSU hasn't seen a balanced offense even close to Michigans with Henne, Hart, Manningham, Breaston, Arrington, etc etc. And don't let Ohio State moving the ball on Michigan fool you, LSU DOESN'T do anything close to that against Michigan.

As far as Wisconsin, they are right where they should be, Capital One Bowl vs an SEC opponent, likely Florida or Arkansas. I like Wiscys chances vs either one of those teams, with the power running game of PJ Hill, and no mistake QB John Stocco. 11-1 is good in the Big Ten, even in a down year. End of story.

Think that is what the BCS is saying. Personally I think the voters have already given your OK team the win over Oregon and thus their current high ranking. Should however your OK team lose this weekend to the nations #20th ranked Nebraska they will rightfully plummet right out of the standings. Sort of funny how your self proclaimed #4 ranked OK team is only favored by slightly over a FG to beat a 20th ranked team. What gives there?

Good stuff here.

I guess that means the voters, computers, and bookmakers are all wrong?

Yet all we have to go by is that people SAY the SEC is the most dominant conference, and therefore all of LSU's games stack up better than Michigans. The reality is, the SEC hasn't proven itself outside of their own conference. LSU in particular played nothing but cupcakes outside of their conference. So again, while your PERCEPTION is that the SEC is stacked and strong, it means nothing. Whose to say, the Big Ten doesn't wipe the mat with SEC teams in bowls, and prove that maybe the Big Ten is BETTER than people thought, or more importantly, maybe the SEC isn't as GOOD as people thought. It's just like the Pac 10 homers, saying, look at all of the quality LOSSES outside the conference we have. Other than USC, the Pac 10 sucks out of conference. And I'm not even saying YOUR PERCEPTION is wrong. I'm saying, lets let Michigan and LSU settle it on the field, and you know what, it'd be a very good close game, but I think Michigan would come out on top. LSU hasn't seen a balanced offense even close to Michigans with Henne, Hart, Manningham, Breaston, Arrington, etc etc. And don't let Ohio State moving the ball on Michigan fool you, LSU DOESN'T do anything close to that against Michigan.

As far as Wisconsin, they are right where they should be, Capital One Bowl vs an SEC opponent, likely Florida or Arkansas. I like Wiscys chances vs either one of those teams, with the power running game of PJ Hill, and no mistake QB John Stocco. 11-1 is good in the Big Ten, even in a down year. End of story.

This is an absolutely fair stance. It just seems, however, that I have a lot of computers and voters on my side of the fence when it comes to the relative strengths of the conferences. Based on that and my perception of their strength of schedule, I gave LSU the nod.

Okie St got up to play OU as they do every year, because its an instate rivalry game.

Sc lost to unranked Oregon St, explain that one.

If SC did not have solid to dominant wins against 4 ranked opponents to off set that hiccup, I would certainly be saying the same thing about USC as I am about OU.

Once again, I simply offered up reasons why OU was not top 5 and invited you to put those arguments in perspective. To be honest, I (and it appears others) are rather underwhelmed with your arguments.

Now, had you discounted USC by saying they lost to OSU, only narrowly beat a poor UW team, and said that the Cal win has to be put in perspective in as much as you question the strength of the Pac 10, I would have countered with the fact that they beat (in resounding fashion no less) three ranked teams, two of which are playing in their conference championship (which you apparently value highly as it appears to be the cornerstone for your argument against LSU).

That would appear to hold a lot more water than, "They're getting better each week".

Edited by detlef

:D good stuff, yet again. OU would have had 3-4L in the Pac 10- and you know it. Win the Pac 10? they would have lost at WSU, OU, oh wait they did that already, USC, UCLA, OSU, CAL, I mean, take your pick.

The Pac 10 ws right behind the SEC in top 10 wins, and #1 by quite a bit in Top 30 wins, those are some solid numbers. The Big 12 had ZERO top 10 wins, and I think 5 top 30 - embarrasing.

Please give me some facts pointing to the Big 12 being better, the fact is there are none other than you are moronic homer.

Don't get caught up in the Private's B.S. Oklahoma couldn't beat the 6th best team in the Pac-10. The Sooners would finish no higher than 6th in the Pac-10. Look at their schedule :D ...... Give me a F-IN Break!

The Sooners played 1 team (Texas) that finished in the Top 20 and got spanked by 18 points. They don't even have a "quality" win all year, unless you call beating Texas A&M by 1 point in a game they should have lost. Come on Private, your ramblings have ZERO credibility. I rank Oklahoma #17, right behind Texas.

Edited by theprofessor

This is an absolutely fair stance. It just seems, however, that I have a lot of computers and voters on my side of the fence when it comes to the relative strengths of the conferences. Based on that and my perception of their strength of schedule, I gave LSU the nod.

Computers, Strength of Schedule, polls. That sums it up right there. Bottom line, is it has to happen on the field. I'm just saying, lets let these games play out. This certainly isn't the first time the Big Ten has been "down" and then came back and bit them in other conferences a$$es. The stage will be set to prove some people wrong.

Edited by GWPFFL BrianW

Agreed, but I am beyond this non conference stuff at this point. The season is over, and all we have to go on are quality games, teams and opponents played. We know the Big 10 did not schedule tough non conference games as a whole, and if their league was as tough as the SEC this year, I would give them that due credit. The reality is, it wasn't, so the quality of games for OSU/Mich/Wisky does not look as good. On the flip- I think you just cannot deny the top heavy strength of the SEC. I don't give a rip if they were all league games or not- those teams beat the sh*t out of each other week in and week out, while the Big 10 enjoyed too many weekends off. We shall see come bowl season I guess....

I don't disagree with anything. My perception, is that the SEC is very good, and thus far, proven to be the best and deepest conference. However, I'm not going to sit here and say that the Big Ten sucks because they didn't play tough out of conference opponents. The SEC didn't outside of a couple teams, but not there 3 best. The Pac 10 did, but lost most of them. So in the end what do you have? You have, what you always have, conference games. SEC has more ranked teams, therefore they appear to be the strongest conference. But rankings don't mean anything. Prove it on the field. And no one can tell me that the LSU's of the world, have proven it on the field moreso than the Michigans of the world, because we don't truly know how strong the conferences are, until the teams start to play each other. We can speculate, but we won't know until January after the smoke is all clear, and like I said, as far as the Big Ten vs SEC match ups (appears there may be 3 of them) I like teh Big Tens chances. And after all of that, there will be no denying anything.

I don't disagree with anything. My perception, is that the SEC is very good, and thus far, proven to be the best and deepest conference. However, I'm not going to sit here and say that the Big Ten sucks because they didn't play tough out of conference opponents. The SEC didn't outside of a couple teams, but not there 3 best. The Pac 10 did, but lost most of them. So in the end what do you have? You have, what you always have, conference games. SEC has more ranked teams, therefore they appear to be the strongest conference. But rankings don't mean anything. Prove it on the field. And no one can tell me that the LSU's of the world, have proven it on the field moreso than the Michigans of the world, because we don't truly know how strong the conferences are, until the teams start to play each other. We can speculate, but we won't know until January after the smoke is all clear, and like I said, as far as the Big Ten vs SEC match ups (appears there may be 3 of them) I like teh Big Tens chances. And after all of that, there will be no denying anything.

Well there is absolutely no denying that none of this speculation holds a candle to settling it on the field. Of course, it's fun to speculate and that's exactly what I was doing. Honestly, I really hope that Mich gets either LSU or the winner of the SEC title game because it should be a great game pitting two of the top 5 teams in the nation.

Don't get caught up in the Private's B.S. Oklahoma couldn't beat the 6th best team in the Pac-10. The Sooners would finish no higher than 6th in the Pac-10. Look at their schedule :D ...... Give me a F-IN Break!

The Sooners played 1 team (Texas) that finished in the Top 20 and got spanked by 18 points. They don't even have a "quality" win all year, unless you call beating Texas A&M by 1 point in a game they should have lost. Come on Private, your ramblings have ZERO credibility. I rank Oklahoma #17, right behind Texas.

Ou didnt lose to Oregon, and you know it. Ou recovered the on-side kick and an oregon player touched the ball before it went 10 yards, both of which would have gave OU the ball with a 6 pt lead and 4 kneel downs in a row and OU is 11-1, and ranked ahead of Wisconsin and LSU. That game is why OU is sitting 8th or 10th depending on which poll you look at. Texas and OU clearly are neither where they are were back in October. If OU plays Texas today, its a completely different story. OU was in the Pac-10, the Pac-10 doesnt steal that game from them, and they are undefeated right now. And Texas has 3 loses, to OU's 1 legit loss, so I hardly think what you think is relevant. When Arkansas loses to FLa this weekend, and Notre Dame loses to every team that is ranked, tell me again who SC has beaten. Nebraska, lol, OU is about to duplicate that feat.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Checked both teams' website and your OK team did lose to the Ducks. While I was at it, I also checked the Auburn website too. Dang it, they still have LSU losing to them. Can you believe that? We should be playing against Ohio State not Michigan.:D

:D LSu will be lucky not to get embarassed by Michigan. LSU is simply going to be happy to be there, and Michigan is going to roll them.

Brian as you must know by now I have always had great respect for the Big Ten including this year. I'm convinced the SEC top to bottom is the tougher conference, but not so sure as far as the top teams between the SEC and Big Ten. To be honest, I would favor Ohio State & perhaps Michigan against any team from the SEC if it were my job to handicap the games. As a bias LSU fan I do very much want to believe the Tigers are better than any team in the country. Since we didn't earn the right to play Ohio State in this format then the next best option is getting the chance to play Michigan. Can't ask for more than that! Well maybe Florida getting a chance at Ohio State too? :D

BUMP

:D

Boy, I think alot of people just are assuming Florida beats Arkansas. I see this as a very good game and The Razorbacks sure could throw a monkey wrench into things. Arkansas beats Flordia and goes to Sugar Bowl. Who goes to the Rose???? Fla, LSU, I think Michigan is a lock for the Roses. Ark. must win to get in.

Fla wins Sugar/LSU to Rose.

Fla loss to Ark go to Rose and LSU to Capital One.

Based on Fla beating LSU I would think they get the nod.

Edited by sacosud

Ou didnt lose to Oregon, and you know it. Ou recovered the on-side kick and an oregon player touched the ball before it went 10 yards, both of which would have gave OU the ball with a 6 pt lead and 4 kneel downs in a row and OU is 11-1, and ranked ahead of Wisconsin and LSU. That game is why OU is sitting 8th or 10th depending on which poll you look at. Texas and OU clearly are neither where they are were back in October. If OU plays Texas today, its a completely different story. OU was in the Pac-10, the Pac-10 doesnt steal that game from them, and they are undefeated right now. And Texas has 3 loses, to OU's 1 legit loss, so I hardly think what you think is relevant. When Arkansas loses to FLa this weekend, and Notre Dame loses to every team that is ranked, tell me again who SC has beaten. Nebraska, lol, OU is about to duplicate that feat.

:D

Boy, I think alot of people just are assuming Florida beats Arkansas. I see this as a very good game and The Razorbacks sure could throw a monkey wrench into things. Arkansas beats Flordia and goes to Sugar Bowl. Who goes to the Rose???? Fla, LSU, I think Michigan is a lock for the Roses. Ark. must win to get in.

If FLA is the SEC winner, they go to the Sugar - why does that change if Ark wins? Then LSU or FL would go to the Rose, right? Ah man, this is so confusing....

No way does Florida go to the Rose Bowl if they lose the SEC championship. Florida would more than likely go to the Orange Bowl to play the ACC champ. The Rose is going to take Michigan and either Notre Dame or the highest ranked BCS team available.

BTW, which bowl is Arizona or Washington going to this year. :D

touche - AZ may pull out the Cowpie Bowl in Waco, TEXAS, OUR TEXAS, OH HAIL THE MIGHTY STATE, TEXAS OUR TEXAS, SO WONDERFUL AND GREAT.... My Cats hold their own in hoops, don't worry about me.

What happened to your classy post after the Oregon game?? You made no excuses, said the Sooners didn't make enough plays to win, and it was their own fault for letting the game get to that point?? Were you on your meds that day?? I was so proud of you, and here you are hitting rock bottom yet again with the Sooner schooner whine fest.