[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Smokers and their brands

cliaz

It's funny but i noticed something...

Early 20's all of the smokers I knew smoked 1 of 2 brands with the exception of the menthal newport smokers....it was either Marlboro lights or camel lights.

Slowly as people got older they migrated off of those brands and went to less main stream jacks...

1. Winston lights

2. Kents

3. Parliments

4. Salems

5. US Golds (no idea)

and various other brands.

So I guess what I'm asking or wanting to find is this:

What was your first brand you smoked, the different ones you smoked over the years and the one you do now?

I just think it's funny how it seems that Marlboro lights and camel lights are starter brand digs. (from personal experience through my friends.)

Started on Salem Ultra Lights at age 17 'cause that's what my Grandmother smoked.

When the BC bookstore ran out of them my sophmore year of college, I bout a pack of Marlboro Lights and continued to smoke them until this past January when I made that failed atempt to quit.

Now I smoke Marlboro Ultra Light 100s.

Mr. Squeegiebo was amoking Marlboro reds when I met him, but has smoked Marlboro Lights most of the time since then.

My brother started on Marlboro Lights and switched to Marlboro Mediums after a few years.

On Jan 10th it will be 6 years since ive had a cigarette..My oldest was born 1/27 so I made a deal to quit before she was born..I havent had a cigarette in her lifetime..The patch is what worked for me..I dont mind smokers at all since I know the hold they can have on people and how they can be quite enjoyable but if you are motivated in your head and need something to get rid of the nicotine craving I would try the patch..I smoked Marlboro red..easy 2 packs a day..

Edited by whomper

Parliment lights.

The P-Funks? Damn. Those always gave me a headache. Are you from LI or Jersey?

I smoked Camel Lights exclusively for almost 10 years. If I couldn't find them, I went for Marlboro Mediums. If I couldn't find them, it was Winston lights.

Camel Shorts, 'cause I used to swipe them from my Dad.

Then Winston Reds

Now Winston Lights

Those put hair on your chest (and lungs)! Smoked those before going to Marlboros while in the service. It was there that I noticed most of the white guys smoked Marlboros but ALL the brothers smoked Kools. Haven't smoked since 1976 and haven't missed it at all.