[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Let the debate continute!

Are you gonna talk about my mom next? :bash:

Listen if the Big ten got jobbed out of a couple of national titles, they got one back in OT of the OSU/UM game with that so called "pass interference" call on 4th down. So I guess we still owe you guys one more. :D

Don't forget to pack your jacket for the MPC computer bowl on the blue rug. Happy logo stomping. :D

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Michigan wasn't even ranked in the AP top 10 until they beat ND. Throw in a win over Wisconsin and a loss to Ohio State and all you big ten homers want us to rank them 2nd in the country. lol That's frickin crazy.

Whatever.... the fact is they were #3 and got jumped by the #4 team just on the no rematch feelings from the AP/Coaches/and Harris. Michigan was # 2 even after the Loss from Ohio State so what happened in the last 2 weeks...."NOTHING" except they got jumped by a USC team that of course is not the giant people think they are getting beat a second time by a unranked team. Michigan carried enough votes in the AP/Harris/and Coaches to stay at # 2 after a loss to #1 team in the land on #1 's home field....ALL of a sudden the tune changes???.....in 2 weeks of Michigan not playing anyone they get jumped by USC and Florida to advoid a rematch...AND that's it Florida gets a a shot because money rules the day and advertisers don't want to pay top dollar on a game that only the Midwest would care about on top of that the BCS would fork alot of money over to the Big Ten only for that game which is not winning anyone over in the other conferences. I do not mean any disrespect to Florida, but they get a shot because the voters just don't want a rematch. The computers have them at .940 each human vote wins the day. I have said it before and I'll say again I did not want to play Michigan anyway just because that team has a better shot of beating us. Michigan was the second best team and they got screwed as a Buckeye it's a 2 edge sword we don't have to play the better team, but Michigan is part of the Big Ten.

Again... raw numbers... Michigan and Florida are even. Florida played the #1 toughest schedule, and Michigan played the #3 toughest schedule. DEAD EVEN. The trump card for me, was Florida took care of business, and won their conference championship. Only people that really have a right to be upset about this are Michigan fans, because if I was a Michigan fan, I'd feel screwed too, but I'm not, I will root for them vs USC in the Grand Daddy of em all.

Whatever.... the fact is they were #3 and got jumped by the #4 team just on the no rematch feelings from the AP/Coaches/and Harris. Michigan was # 2 even after the Loss from Ohio State so what happened in the last 2 weeks...."NOTHING" except they got jumped by a USC team that of course is not the giant people think they are getting beat a second time by a unranked team. Michigan carried enough votes in the AP/Harris/and Coaches to stay at # 2 after a loss to #1 team in the land on #1 's home field....ALL of a sudden the tune changes???.....in 2 weeks of Michigan not playing anyone they get jumped by USC and Florida to advoid a rematch...AND that's it Florida gets a a shot because money rules the day and advertisers don't want to pay top dollar on a game that only the Midwest would care about on top of that the BCS would fork alot of money over to the Big Ten only for that game which is not winning anyone over in the other conferences. I do not mean any disrespect to Florida, but they get a shot because the voters just don't want a rematch. The computers have them at .940 each human vote wins the day. I have said it before and I'll say again I did not want to play Michigan anyway just because that team has a better shot of beating us. Michigan was the second best team and they got screwed as a Buckeye it's a 2 edge sword we don't have to play the better team, but Michigan is part of the Big Ten.

LSU gets knocked out of the Rose Bowl because Florida got in the NC, so please don't think the LSU fan side of me is happy about this either. However I tried to put myself in the place of both a Michigan and Florida fan and without question I would have felt alot worse as a Gator fan if I got screwed than I would as a Wolverine fan. Although you may have thought by my comments on this thread that I wanted the Gators in that was simply not true. All day I hoped like Michigan fans that the repeat was on since that meant LSU would be playing in the Rose vs. USC in a game LSU fans had dreamed of. But it didn't happen, but I'm ok with it becasue if was the fair thing to do.

Well, it looks like we get to have the gripe. Oh well, unless the system ever changes we are going to have these situations.

I'm not sure I could handle losing to OSU two games in a row anyway. This way, if we beat USC, we can forever argue that we didn't get our shot. Ah hell.....trying to find a silver lining sucks. :D

We do owe USC a beating from a few years back however.

Again... raw numbers... Michigan and Florida are even. Florida played the #1 toughest schedule, and Michigan played the #3 toughest schedule. DEAD EVEN. The trump card for me, was Florida took care of business, and won their conference championship. Only people that really have a right to be upset about this are Michigan fans, because if I was a Michigan fan, I'd feel screwed too, but I'm not, I will root for them vs USC in the Grand Daddy of em all.

USC will get there no defense playing rearend kicked in....trust me......

lets say this, one more week and Florida will jump OSU....meyer blows and the big ten will exploit that sham of a cheerleader for the SEC...oh, did they even beat Miami?...give them the NC...fyi, the hurricanes blow and have for a few years........at any rate......i just hope that since UM and OSU are ranked in the top 10 almost every year, that we take a week or two off at the end of the year and schedule the rivalry game during the conference championship week...then we do not have to deal with this crap.................and yes, i would throw my car and house note on the fact that we'd kick florida's diick in this year..not a problem...great to see OSU cake walk again to an NC, in fact bump ND up to the game, them in a BCS game, f in ridiculous......... :D:D

Edited by Maize N Blue Backer

lets say this, one more week and Florida will jump OSU....meyer blows and the big ten will exploit that sham of a cheerleader for the SEC...oh, did they even beat Miami?...give them the NC...fyi, the hurricanes blow and have for a few years........at any rate......i just hope that since UM and OSU are ranked in the top 10 almost every year, that we take a week or two off at the end of the year and schedule the rivalry game during the conference championship week...then we do not have to deal with this crap.................and yes, i would throw my car and house note on the fact that we'd kick florida's diick in this year..not a problem...great to see OSU cake walk again to an NC, in fact bump ND up to the game, them in a BCS game, f in ridiculous......... :D:D

Someone's inebriated. :bash:

Would FLA be ranked ahaed of Michigan today, had SC not lost. I doubt they jump the Wolverines, but since the voters wanted anyone but Michigan, had FLA lost, they might have considered Boise St. How f'n sad is the BCS.

Excellent point, the answer is, Fla would not have jumped Michigan if USC wouldnt have lost.

Edited by GWPFFL BrianW

SEC blows, Hurricanes blow, Meyer Blows. Iraq blows, Gas prices blow, untateve blows (Gator fan you know :clap:),Bush blows, ACC blows, BCS blows, FBI blows, Santa blows, Grinch blows.............

Now I see the light!

GO BLUE! :bash:

Would FLA be ranked ahaed of Michigan today, had SC not lost. I doubt they jump the Wolverines, but since the voters wanted anyone but Michigan, had FLA lost, they might have considered Boise St. How f'n sad is the BCS.

Great point! I don't think the voters would have even considered Florida over Michigan if USC would have won. Goes to show, the voters are not voting on the best team, just the team they like more today.