[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Remembering...

seabronc

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Believe it or not, it was 2001 and Kordell had some great games in Dec.. 'Never felt comfortable starting him, but he came through big time. :D I just remember thinking that SteelBunz really knows her stuff.

Awwww......hmmmm. Well....I must have been drunk. :bash: Apparently I'm quite the FF guru under the influence. :clap: Glad it worked out for you! :tup:

He DID have a few good matchups around that time as I recall. :D

Patrick Jeffers

:D Helped me win My league SuperBowl in 1999

Ditto to that one!

Two guys I love to hate and never had, they had about 8 TDs off of about 15 receptsions. I called them washouts from the beginning-

Marc Boerigter and

Tyrone Davis

There's so many for this list.

My favorite pain in the rear was Michael Bennett

Some others

Tim Couch, Cade McNown, Akili Smith

Ricky Williams, Trung Canidate, Curtis Enis, JJ Arrington, Wiliam Green

Mike Williams, Rocket Ismail, Orande Gadsen, Rod Gardner, Rashaun Woods, Charles Rogers

David LaFleur, Anthony Becht

So many more......

Joe Aska. He produced for about 2 games didnt he!? Heard he had a greeeeeat career in the xfl :D

rashaan salaam - one very good season then fumblitis

raymont harris too

chris t. jones (had a GREAT week 1)

ps now i know why my ff team was so bad in 96(my first ff season), i had touchdown tim buk. and salaam on the same team. It's so clear now! (and aska and chris t.too)

Edited by thfonz98a

It's amazing to me how many people dont' get the gist of this thread. "Flash in the pan" means they had a year/part of year where they were great (or at least a lot better than they normally were) in the NFL then basically disappeared. About 1/3 of the people mentioned don't qualify. Unless those were just lame attempts at jokes.

And speaking of jokes and flashes in the pan:

WR Michael Jackson (CLE)

...and perhaps the king of all...

RB Gary Brown (Oilers)

Leslie Shepherd comes to mind because someone kept him in a 3 player keeper league one year.

Kevin Johnson! I kept him once in the same league!

Other guys who may be included to this list:

Eric Metcalf- Some guy seemed to draft him every year

Marc Boerigter (sp?) something about catching TDs just never gets old comes to mind? Someone used to have that in the sig line here.

Brad Hoover surely made a few playoff starts around here

Quinten Griffin- Someone was a draft genius for a week!

Troy Hambrick- Had some nice games against the Skins in 2003!

Jeff Blake- Lit it up nicely once

Eli Manning- I'm sure many thought he'd be the next Peyton!

It's amazing to me how many people dont' get the gist of this thread. "Flash in the pan" means they had a year/part of year where they were great (or at least a lot better than they normally were) in the NFL then basically disappeared. About 1/3 of the people mentioned don't qualify. Unless those were just lame attempts at jokes.

And speaking of jokes and flashes in the pan:

WR Michael Jackson (CLE)

...and perhaps the king of all...

RB Gary Brown (Oilers)

Excellent choices - I owned both over the years. And I remember thinking "these guys are going to be great". Not so much though.

Ooh Ooh. Am I the only guy who remembers this guy?

Jermaine Fazande SD RB

In week 17 of 1999, they started him and he ran for 183 yards and a TD. I drafted him in a few leagues the next year, thinking he'd be a sleeper stud RB.

In 2000, SD drafted and started Ryan Leaf, the team went 1-15, and there wasn't a single 400 yard rusher on the yeam. The year after that, they drafted LT.

Ooh Ooh. Am I the only guy who remembers this guy?

Jermaine Fazande SD RB

In week 17 of 1999, they started him and he ran for 183 yards and a TD. I drafted him in a few leagues the next year, thinking he'd be a sleeper stud RB.

In 2000, SD drafted and started Ryan Leaf, the team went 1-15, and there wasn't a single 400 yard rusher on the yeam. The year after that, they drafted LT.

Nice one.. I did the same thing, pronouncing his name, "Fazzand."