[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Remembering...

seabronc

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Rob Riddick, RB, BUF ... 6 years in the NFL, 26 career TDs, 13 of them in 1988 ... the original "goal-line vulture".

2. Mervyn Fernandez, WR, OAK ... 6 years in the NFL, 19 career TDs, 9 of them in 1989: recv 57/1069/9

3. Derek Loville, RB, SFO ... 8 years in the NFL, 21 career TDs, 13 of them in 1995: rush 218/723/10 ... recv 87/662/3

Edited by ts

I thought of a few more. How about:

Karim Abdul-Jabbar

Marcus Robinson - I know he had some injuries, but dude had a 1400 receiving yard season in '99, and he's only topped 700 yards (just barely) one other time in his entire 9 year career.

Tai Streets

Barry Foster

Eric Rhett

..and I think you could put Anthony Thomas and Dominic Rhodes on the list as well. Both are still around, but neither has been a viable fantasy starter except for 1 or 2 years in their careers.

BO JACKSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, but unlike just about everyone else on this list, Bo Jackson would have kept on racking up mega-numbers if he hadn't busted up his hip.

The real flash-in-the-pans are the ones who just lucked out one year, or played hard one year then coasted afterward.

Bo Jackson had multiple great games over his career. He was just a part time player after baseball ended. He's still my favorite all time and the #2 reason I'm a Raider fan. #1 was Marcus Allen, #3 Howie Long.

What did happen to Ickey Woods? Did he get injured or become victim of one of the worst franchises of the 1990's? How can you shuffle a team on your back to the SB and then never get more than 60ish carries again?

What did happen to Ickey Woods? Did he get injured or become victim of one of the worst franchises of the 1990's? How can you shuffle a team on your back to the SB and then never get more than 60ish carries again?

Blew out his knee. Very badly.

Yeah, but unlike just about everyone else on this list, Bo Jackson would have kept on racking up mega-numbers if he hadn't busted up his hip.

Yeah, imagine where he'd rank today if he'd kept up his 73-yds-a-game pace.