[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Top 3 RB = No Playoffs

CardinalEmpire.com

So the consensus in (I hope) every fantasy league beginning this season was some order of Shaun Alexander, Ladanian Tomlinson, and Larry Johnson. If you picked outside of these three, folks probably laughed at you on draft day.

Well 13 weeks in and it looks like playoff spots are being wrapped up and/or decided (depending on playoff schedules). Of those top three draft selections, how many teams are actually going to make the playoffs in your leagues?

Our league has four playoff spots and BOTH the Alexander owner (understandable) AND the LT owner (inexplicable) are going to miss the playoffs. Meanwhile I am the 2 seed with Frank Gore and Chester Taylor.

LOVE ME SOME FANTASY FOOTBALL!! :D

Edited by CardinalEmpire.com

I own LT in 2 leagues, #1 seed in both of them.

So the consensus in (I hope) every fantasy league beginning this season was some order of Shaun Alexander, Ladanian Tomlinson, and Larry Johnson. If you picked outside of these three, folks probably laughed at you on draft day.

Well 13 weeks in and it looks like playoff spots are being wrapped up and/or decided (depending on playoff schedules). Of those top three draft selections, how many teams are actually going to make the playoffs in your leagues?

Our league has four playoff spots and BOTH the Alexander owner (understandable) AND the LT owner (inexplicable) are going to miss the playoffs. Meanwhile I am the 2 seed with Frank Gore and Chester Taylor.

LOVE ME SOME FANTASY FOOTBALL!! :D

LT owner = 2 seed

SA AND LJ owner (yeah he has both due to trades and it's a 1 player keeper league) = mid-seed, 4, 5 or 6 TBD.

i took Portis and I have the 3 seed and very narrowly missed highest cumulative pts scored on the season.

Have LT and should be the #1 seed going in. Already have highest points for a season and highest avg. points per game wraped up. LT, Romo, and even Kitna have been great for me. (we can play 2 QB's) The unsung hero however is Baltimore's D.

The real question should be how many teams are in the playoffs with either Chicago or Baltimore's D!

My league

-Tomlinson owner is in pretty good shape, but could miss if he losses next week and another owner doesn't go 1-1.

-Johnson owner needs to win tonight (his opponent has Panther D, Deangelo Williams/D.Foster needing 49 total points, possible) and win next week and hope team leading his division loses.

-Alexander owner is in the bottom 4.

LJ owner here - in as the #2 seed (the LT owner in the league is the #1 seed)

Same status as my local. I lead the league in total points but the LT owner has closed within 15pts. I do have SSmith and DWilliams going tonight and he is through for the week.

Well let's see here.......5 leagues, two of them I own LJ.....easily made the playoffs. 1 I have Alexander....no playoffs for me. The other 2 I have none of them and no playoffs.

I actually own 2 of the 3 (LT & Shaun), and that's not to mention Portis. Yes, my 3 RB's coming into the season were LT, Shaun & Portis......in a 10 man league. (It's a keeper league, and I aquired them through various means through the years).

HERE'S THE KICKER!!!!!! I'm sittin' at 6-6 going into this last weekend, in a league w/ no playoffs. I'm gonna have to gain ground on 2 teams sitting 3 games up.....NOT LOOKING GOOD!!! :D

League 1: LT and LJ owners both in Playoffs, SA owner out of playoffs.

League2: I got LT in a trade half way through the season, just before the 40 pt weeks ( best dam trade ever). I was 2-7 and am now just on verge of winning my division with him. The original owner, had him and was without a single win. LT wasn't enough. He had no 2nd back, he had fargas for his #2 before lamont was gone too, fargas was his next best thing. Moss his best WR. So LT could only do so much. LJ owner also in the playoffs.

Funny thing is if given that 1st pick, I might have gone with SA. Thankful now I didn't have that pick. Next year LT for sure.

T.

Edited by TMan

Main (big money) league - 10 tesms, 4 make playoffs

Playoffs are:

1st pick : SA - guy also got McNabb and Gore, and is the 3 seed with SA coming back (although losing McNabb wasn't a good thing)

2nd pick : LT - guy has LT/Mcallister and CJ/Lfitz....needless to say #1 seed and could set pts record for season (also has Bears D)

3rd pick : LJ - 2nd seed

6th pick : Steven Jackson (me) - 4th seed (although I made a stupid trade and got rid of SJax a while back)

2 Leagues: Both legues drafted in the same order 1.LJ 2.SA 3.LT

1st league, LT owner #2 seed, LJ owner barely in, SA owner out. I'm #1 seed with Peyton, Westy, Gore.

2nd league, LJ owner barely in, I'm #1 seed with LT and SA. Traded Westy for SA after I clinched a playoff spot, in week 10(9-1). :D

Edited by Polecat

Curious about Gore and Westbrook - I think most teams are getting in on running backs, and LT/LJ are obvious, but they were number 1 picks.

Guys that have Gore and Westbrook actually have someone ahead of them.

Are there as many teams in with Gore/West as LT/LJ (in my league, those 4 are on 4 diff teams, and those are your four playoff teams)

In our local, I have LT and currently first place.

The LJ/Westbrook owner is in third place. He has been switching them in an out during the season, but LJ has been in his lineup every week.

The SA owner is in sixth place

Gore owner is in fourth place.

Looking at the second place owner, his most notable players (based strictly on average points in our league this season) is the Chicago D, Shayne Graham and Steve Smith. :D

The real question should be how many teams are in the playoffs with either Chicago or Baltimore's D!

as I said, guy with balt, LT, FWP, Colston and CJ is missed the play-offs in my league.

Also I could have picked Balt off the WW in week 4-5 in my league (don't know why ?) but I had Bears and they have the same by week so I didn't need them and if I picked them it would just be to keep away from other teams and I don't have room for 2 Ds.

Edited by rai