[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Beer: what's your day-to-day and/or favs

BeeR

In winter I tend to drink darker heavier beers...in a pinch I'll go Yuengling's Black n Tan but also bounce around between mostly "amber" types eg Killians etc. Push comes to shove I can always play it safe with stuff like Becks.

Once in awhile I'll pay more for something like English beer etc. Not a big Guinness fan, IMO it's way way overrated as it's not consistent enough - ie sometimes it's good sometimes not. Although when it is, it's very good.

And once in a great while I'll try some microbrew just for something different, but IMO most are also overrated and people buy them just to try and "look cool" or whatever. last time I paid $8 for a 6 of I think it was called Dogfish Ale. It sucked.

Also don't drink any beer that has or appears to have any fruit flavoring or honey or whatever. That's what yuppies from hell drink. Might as well grab a freakin wine cooler.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Busch Light. 30 pack for $12.99.

And before all you beer snobs start snickering behind your bottles of micro brews, know that I used to be one of you, until I came to the following realization:

By virtue of paying less for my beer, I can drink more. And when it come to beer, isn't that the goal: to be able to drink more?

Yes I say, Yes. :D

And before all you beer snobs start snickering behind your bottles of micro brews, know that I used to be one of you, until I came to the following realization:

By virtue of paying less for my beer, I can drink more. And when it come to beer, isn't that the goal: to be able to drink more?

If I want a cheap beer I usually do a 6-pack of Henry Weinhard's Private Reserve.

Life's too short to drink crap beer. Bass Ale is the standby. But I've started to get a taste for Dog Fish Head's 60 Minute Pale Ale.

mmm beer...

2 House favs that you'll find in our fridge

1. Harpoon IPA - one of the best beers ever made.

2. Sam Light - one of the best light beers

Also most Sam or Harpoon Brews and seasonals are regular purchases as well

I too like the occasional porter or stout during the winter months. Beer Works in Salem/Boston have some great seasonal brews. John Harvards serves a Milk Stout that is phenomenal.

We drink alot of IPA and Redhook is a winter fav since it's served at the bar when we finish skiing.

Oh almost forgot a new fav that we can now get locally.....Magic Hat HIPA!!

Going to Boulder and Aspen this week and I'm looking forward to trying many local brews.

In a pinch especially if it's hot out I'll go for a cold Coors Light.

:D

Life's too short to drink crap beer. Bass Ale is the standby. But I've started to get a taste for Dog Fish Head's 60 Minute Pale Ale.

I have not tasted all the Dogfish stuff but definately like the 60 and 90 IPA's. Good stuff.

Bass :D

1. Harpoon IPA - one of the best beers ever made.

2. Sam Light - one of the best light beers

Love Harpoon and while I'm not a usual Sam drinker, the Light is good.

I like Guiness but it's not my usual drink. I reserve Shipyard products for that.

I want to try Left Hand's Milk Stout. I hear it is very good albeit maybe a little sweet.

some everyday faves would be sam adams light, stone IPA and fat tire.

also, just about any of the varieties from the big, old german brewers -- paulaner, spaten/franziskaner, wiehenstephaner, erdinger or hacker-pschorr.

"special" faves would include aventinus, duvel, ommegang, fuller's vintage ale, samichlaus, st bernardus trippel, orvel.

some everyday faves would be sam adams light, stone IPA and fat tire.

also, just about any of the varieties from the big, old german brewers -- paulaner, spaten/franziskaner, wiehenstephaner, erdinger or hacker-pschorr.

"special" faves would include aventinus, duvel, ommegang, fuller's vintage ale, samichlaus, st bernardus trippel, orvel.

Azz, this weekend, I saw a Bier with your avy on it... Do you know what bier that would be??

I live in Portland now...of course I do the Microbrews.

Actually, I've been a fan of RedHook (who was once a microbrew) for years and drink more of their ESB than anything else. Lately, if it says Laguinitas on it, I drink it. Saturday night we went to the Portland Winter Ale Festival and had more good beers than I can remember (and a few bad ones that I'll choose not to remember).

Azz, this weekend, I saw a Bier with your avy on it... Do you know what bier that would be??

brother thelonious, from north coast -- uniting two of the things i love most in life! i've been looking for it....they don't have it at argonaut, applejack, or bubbles (in castle rock)...i take it you saw it at davidson's? i'll have to make a stop there sometime soon. :D

I live in Portland now...of course I do the Microbrews.

Actually, I've been a fan of RedHook (who was once a microbrew) for years and drink more of their ESB than anything else. Lately, if it says Laguinitas on it, I drink it. Saturday night we went to the Portland Winter Ale Festival and had more good beers than I can remember (and a few bad ones that I'll choose not to remember).

Have you had any Hair of Dog beers? One of my all time favorite breweries . They have seasonal beer out now called Doggie Claws which I would love to get my paws on, but can't find it anywhere.

I have not tasted all the Dogfish stuff but definately like the 60 and 90 IPA's. Good stuff.

Bass :D

Love Harpoon and while I'm not a usual Sam drinker, the Light is good.

I like Guiness but it's not my usual drink. I reserve Shipyard products for that.

I want to try Left Hand's Milk Stout. I hear it is very good albeit maybe a little sweet.

Tried the LF Milk Stout, found it at our local place, was very good.

Ever since my move to a higher paying job, I've moved off the Keystone Light to bottled beers.

Also, a warehouse liquor store opened nearby that lets you build your own six pack from several coolers of singles.

I usually get a 12er of Harp or Sam Adams Light, and then go crazy on the singles. I tend toward Porters, Ambers, and Stouts, and avoid wheaty beers and lambics.

I really don't have one beer or a favorite. These days, I drink any and all beers. from 85 to 92, I just drank mass quantities of every beer. Then I became a beer snob, and drank mass quantities of good, micro-brewed beer. I then started brewing, all grain, and kegging my own beer. Buddy and I would average brewing about 30 gallons per month. That lasted until 2000. Then, I got married and started having kids. I brewed for a few more years, but time was getting slim. Now, I still appreciate a good beer, but I drink what I have at hand. Every thing from Busch, Ballantine, Red Hook to Chimay has passed through my 'frig in the last few monts. I don't worry about it any more, and just drink what is at hand. However, I've got 20 gallons of harc cider fermenting in the basement. I'll be drinking that around this time next year. :D

I really don't have one beer or a favorite. These days, I drink any and all beers. from 85 to 92, I just drank mass quantities of every beer. Then I became a beer snob, and drank mass quantities of good, micro-brewed beer. I then started brewing, all grain, and kegging my own beer. Buddy and I would average brewing about 30 gallons per month. That lasted until 2000. Then, I got married and started having kids. I brewed for a few more years, but time was getting slim. Now, I still appreciate a good beer, but I drink what I have at hand. Every thing from Busch, Ballantine, Red Hook to Chimay has passed through my 'frig in the last few monts. I don't worry about it any more, and just drink what is at hand. However, I've got 20 gallons of harc cider fermenting in the basement. I'll be drinking that around this time next year. :D

I thought you realy liked Yuengling :D