[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Downtrodden Dynasty League Owners Unite!

darin3

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does everyone think about Jared Zabransky from Boise St., I know he plays against a weak schedule, but those mid-major guys have a way of sneaking up on people.

Sneaking up on people?

Like David Carr from Fresno State ... or Alex Smith from Utah?

Big Ben, Delhomme, Lefwich, Culpepper, Pennington, Losman, Romo are all from mid-majors. I'm not saying the next MVP will be there, but in a 16 team dynasty, a mid-major QB might be worth a 3rd or 4th round pick.

My 1st rounders in my dynasty leagues are going to RB's most likely. My backfields are a little thin. :D

Troy Smith has NO, and I repeat, NO shot at being an NFL QB

Edit to add: he is Omar Jacobs from a big university

I love this opinion, which "oozes" some kind of deep down dislike or just not educated.

1. Qb's Troy's size have made it as NFL Qb's and this seems to be the real big argument against Troy.

2. Troy will go higher than expected. I would think it just takes 1 motivated GM to take a chance on him

especially in the 2nd round.

3. Troy has moved himself up very well by having the type of season he had in 2006.

a. Has shown he can go through his progressions.

b. Has shown he can throw darts and has depended more on his arm than his legs.

c. Has shown his escapability which might be his biggest attraction more and

more Gm's like their qb's to be somewhat mobile and have the ability to get

out of the pocket and or straight up run when given a lane. Look at the Qb's

being drafted and my opinion is there is a progression towards this type of QB.

If height is a argument, yes it hurts his stock but he has the tools and has been tested in big games.

Troy Smith is 5-11 at best.

Edited by sacosud

With KJ sidelined with a Lisfranc (tricky to come back from), how much do you want to bet that Adrian Peterson ends up in Detroit as the #1 overall pick?

Any way you slice it, Detroit needs a QB more then a RB though. At least thats how I see it.

We all know Detroit isnt going to the SB next year, so in order to get a Brady Quinn or other QB like that, I think theyd allow KJ to heal up from that injury even if it went in to next year.

However, if the injury is REALLY bad, Peterson could go #1.

Any way you slice it, Detroit needs a QB more then a RB though. At least thats how I see it.

We all know Detroit isnt going to the SB next year, so in order to get a Brady Quinn or other QB like that, I think theyd allow KJ to heal up from that injury even if it went in to next year.

However, if the injury is REALLY bad, Peterson could go #1.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Maybe it's just coach-speak, but they have pretty much indicated that Kitna is going to be their starting QB for the long term. Sure a lot will depend upon the Kevin Jones prognosis, but if its bad, then the Lions sure aren't going to rely on Arlen Harris to carry the load... and with the #1 pick (most likely) and a talent like Adrian Peterson out there just waiting for you, Matt Millen might just stumble onto the correct choice. Or maybe they'll blow it once again.

My point is, the fans might be sick of Kitna, but I don't think the team is. I think they want him to continue to work through it, and try to bring some consistency to that position for next year.

Adrian Peterson is moving to WR?

:D:D

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Maybe it's just coach-speak, but they have pretty much indicated that Kitna is going to be their starting QB for the long term. Sure a lot will depend upon the Kevin Jones prognosis, but if its bad, then the Lions sure aren't going to rely on Arlen Harris to carry the load... and with the #1 pick (most likely) and a talent like Adrian Peterson out there just waiting for you, Matt Millen might just stumble onto the correct choice. Or maybe they'll blow it once again.

My point is, the fans might be sick of Kitna, but I don't think the team is. I think they want him to continue to work through it, and try to bring some consistency to that position for next year.

:D:D

But how old is Kitna? I mean, they might stick with him for a year or 2, but for a team that has been rebuilding for what seems like 10 years or more, they really need a QB to build around. They have the RB if he is healthy.

I agree Peterson is probably the top talent on the boardin terms of value, but I just see Detroits needs at QB over the long term.

PS - Is Millen REALLY gonna be the one making the decisions?

In any case, even with Jones hurt for an unknown amount of time, I do believe that DET will go with Harris & Calhoun while they wait for Jones if they have to. I'd be shocked if DET doesn't take OT Joe Thomas from WIS, unless Aaron Gibson left a real sour taste in their mouth. Martz knows how much of an impact having Pace at OT made for his offense in STL.

In any case, even with Jones hurt for an unknown amount of time, I do believe that DET will go with Harris & Calhoun while they wait for Jones if they have to. I'd be shocked if DET doesn't take OT Joe Thomas from WIS, unless Aaron Gibson left a real sour taste in their mouth. Martz knows how much of an impact having Pace at OT made for his offense in STL.

and I hope he falls to Arizona...they need his services badly...

• 3 weeks later...

So the Vikings have the #7 pick it seems... any chance they end up with Calvin Johnson? Will CJ fall that far? Do the Vikes have other more pressing needs?

I think the Vikings biggest and pressing need (more than wr) is the defense end position. I know we will be getting Ejames back, but the leader in sacks was Kevin Williams with 5.5. That is just pitiful and he is getting double teamed. That is one reason why we were at the bottom in pass defense. Udeze had ZERO sacks! He is a 1st round bust that needs to be demoted or even cut.

I was looking at NFL draft countdown, they have two DE listed in the top ten:

#10 Quentin Moses, Georgia

#4 Gaines Adams, Clemson

The have Minnesota taking a OT

• 2 weeks later...

I love this opinion, which "oozes" some kind of deep down dislike or just not educated.

1. Qb's Troy's size have made it as NFL Qb's and this seems to be the real big argument against Troy.

At the risk of being labeled an uneducated Troy-hater, I'd sure like to see sacosud show up and explain the deer-in-the-headlights performance last night. As soon as Ginn went out of the game, Smith could do absolutely nothing to provide even a small spark to OSU. 4/14 for 35 yds, 0 TDs, & 1 INT in the biggest game of the year? Yeah, I'll bet pro teams are drooling over taking a chance on a sub-6' QB who posts that kind of awe-inspiring showing.

Adrian Peterson could have the same impact that Eric Dickerson had in the NFL. This cat can break it from anywhere on the field.

Lynch reminds me of Corey Dillon. Dude will run over you, or around you, your choice. He has solid hands, and is a solid blocker.

Bush is similar to Stephen Davis back in his prime. Not exceptional speed, not great hands, but great in between the tackles, and solid overall.

Calvin Johnson is going to be a Larry Fitzgerlald, or Roy Williams type of WR.

Jarrett I compare to a slower Issac Bruce. Great athlete with great hands, but not lights out speed.

Ginn is more of a Devin Hester type player, not really a every down player, but exceptional special teams player, who could eventually be a Steve Smith type player in 3 to 4 yrs down the road, or could be another Desmond Howard.

I think the Vikings biggest and pressing need (more than wr) is the defense end position. I know we will be getting Ejames back, but the leader in sacks was Kevin Williams with 5.5. That is just pitiful and he is getting double teamed. That is one reason why we were at the bottom in pass defense. Udeze had ZERO sacks! He is a 1st round bust that needs to be demoted or even cut.

I was looking at NFL draft countdown, they have two DE listed in the top ten:

#10 Quentin Moses, Georgia

#4 Gaines Adams, Clemson

The have Minnesota taking a OT

Those FLA DE sure looked impressive.

You know, I was thinking a week or so ago that a "Fantasy University" type thing for upcoming rookies would be nice. Wouldn't have to be as indepth with stats but maybe organized by position or something where people could chime in on the guys they know. Just a thought...

You know, I was thinking a week or so ago that a "Fantasy University" type thing for upcoming rookies would be nice. Wouldn't have to be as indepth with stats but maybe organized by position or something where people could chime in on the guys they know. Just a thought...

That would make for a good off season.

:D

That would make for a good off season.

:D

I think it would too. I know there are alot of people on here like me that can't stop this thing justbecause it's the offseason. I'm going to be preparing for rookie drafts up to the NFL draft. It would justtake a forum and subforums like the current Fantasy University.

I think it would too. I know there are alot of people on here like me that can't stop this thing justbecause it's the offseason. I'm going to be preparing for rookie drafts up to the NFL draft. It would justtake a forum and subforums like the current Fantasy University.

I really like what was done with the FF University - post on the main board for a few days & then move the topic to the FFU for achives and additions. There were some great contributions here for the short time the topics were up.

:D Excellent idea!!!