[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft Question

Question:

I am in a few IDP dynasty leagues (first time this year) just missed the playoffs in all of them. My question about the Rookie draft is, do you draft according to your teams needs or do you get the best possible potential FF player on the board at the time of your pick?

...would appreciate your thoughts. Thanks!!

Question:

I am in a few IDP dynasty leagues (first time this year) just missed the playoffs in all of them. My question about the Rookie draft is, do you draft according to your teams needs or do you get the best possible potential FF player on the board at the time of your pick?

...would appreciate your thoughts. Thanks!!

This is my 3rd year in IDP Dynasty Leagues. I find if I have a low enough draftpick and I can get a top talent RB or WR or TE like Davis I would draft BPA. If my pick is a mid to late round pick I go for BPA at a position that I needed. For instance last year in one league I had a 1.10 and a 1.12 pick in a 16 team dynasty. I picked Norwood with 1.10 (I owned Warrick Dunn) I wanted Hawk as I was in desperate need of a top LB prospect but felt Norwood would be gone by 1.12. Well somone made a trade in front of me and took Hawk at 1.11 and so I then I picked LB (who I thought was the safer pick) Chad Greenway. I made a trade to move up in the second to grab Sims. I went pretty much all defense with the rest of my picks except for a QB because my defense is the place of most of my need.

In another league I had 1.01 and of course went Bush even though I had 2 good RB's. You can never have too many.

Just my thoughts and experience. Hope it helps.