[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Start/Bench list has Eli ahead of Vince

SLGRAF

Thanks for the feedback. I agree that Vince is not lock to have a huge game against Houston, but even if his passing yards are not great, he will still accumulate rushing stats, and in my league, rushing yards are worth alot. And, Eli was terrible for several weeks up until last week. Unfortunately, the other players on my team are not good enough to overcome a bad game by my QB, so if I make a mistake in my QB decision, I will probably lose this week.

I had pretty much settled on starting Vince Young @ Houston over Eli Manning @ Carolina, but now, today's start/bench list gives Eli the higher rating of the two. Am I missing something??

personally, i don't get it either.

yeah Eli just had a decent game but before that he went 3 straight with 2 ints and only 1 or zero TDs. Even more before last week's game vs. DAL, he's went 5 straight games with only 1 or zero TDs. Also, before last week he didn't throw for over 250 since week 5.

now he's going on the road vs. a CAR D with playoff implications.

Young is going into HOU that recently made a visiting JP Losman look like Steve Young allowing 340yds and 3 TDs on 26 of 38 attempts. HOU allows opposing QBs a rating of 90.8... only SF, TB, WAS, and DET are worse. This is before whatever Young does on the ground.

I would go with Eli easily. Caroilna pass D is not that great

overall the CAR pass D is not that great, sure, but they're not as bad overall in both D categories than HOU.

passing TDs allowed don't tell the whole story... yeah CAR has allowed 17 pass TDs but only 5 pass TDs have come in 6 home games.

yeah HOU has allowed the same 17 pass TDs but HOU has allowed 8 pass TDs in 5 home games. They've also allowed twice as many total rush TDs than CAR (12 vs. 6).

Edited by kingfish247

I have the same dillema. I am playing Young. Here is why:

(1) The worse is yet to come for the Giants. Eli played well last week but the loss will deflate the team too much the rest of the way.

(2) Vince is playing in his home town which should punmp him up

(3) Houston passed on him - another reason to get pumped up.

(4) There is no pressure on TEN.

I hope I am right.

If you start Young over Brees and Palmer you should be committed, but Eli Manning is a totally different story.

We'll find out on Sunday if we are dipsh*ts are not.

i'd actually consider Young over Palmer vs. OAK.

Brees is another story. I'd think twice before starting Brees but DAL is pretty stingy on pass D.

I'd still probably go Young based on the intangibles and the numbers.

Edited by kingfish247

I am faced with the same problem and am starting young this week(1st week of playoffs) simply based on my league's scoring system. Rushing TDs are worth more than passing. I think you can expect a mediocre fantasy day from both of them though. In your situation (weak team) I would go with young b/c he has a better of a chance to put up monster numbers.

Bottom line: neither player will lose the game for you and young has the possibility to win it for you.