[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rogaine for Men

Footballjoe

FBJ's age is catching up with him. Soon to be 51 my hair is thinning. Do I dare to do something about it or go bald gracefully? My wife says try Rogaine but I always thought that stuff was BS. Anyone ever use it? What was the outcome if you did? I may soon be in the club with "George" (Sienfeld).

FBJ's age is catching up with him. Soon to be 51 my hair is thinning. Do I dare to do something about it or go bald gracefully? My wife says try Rogaine but I always thought that stuff was BS. Anyone ever use it? What was the outcome if you did? I may soon be in the club with "George" (Sienfeld).

Never be ashamed about losing your hair. It's a natural thing.

I have always been amazed at the amount of men that are so vain when it comes to their hair. Guy could be 550lbs of pure blubber who wears an army tent for clothing but has a comb over to try and cover up his balding so he looks good. He doesn't, but he thinks he is fooling everyone... *sigh*

Just let nature take it's course my friend. It is part of the aging process... it is in the genes... and there is nothing you can do about it. Stop gap measures like plugs, rogaine, etc. are just that... stop gap measures that aren't fooling anyone.

Nothing wrong with just being you. Worthwhile people take you for who you are...not what you look like.

I have always been amazed at the amount of men that are so vain when it comes to their hair. Guy could be 550lbs of pure blubber who wears an army tent for clothing but has a comb over to try and cover up his balding so he looks good. He doesn't, but he thinks he is fooling everyone... *sigh*

Just let nature take it's course my friend. It is part of the aging process... it is in the genes... and there is nothing you can do about it. Stop gap measures like plugs, rogaine, etc. are just that... stop gap measures that aren't fooling anyone.

Nothing wrong with just being you. Worthwhile people take you for who you are...not what you look like.

true dat!

I am 26 and my hair is thinning at an alarming rate...wierd thing is no male in my family tree is bald.

Nonetheless I am letting nature take its toll on me. I dont want to be forced doing something everyday just to keep my hair.

Your 51 go buy a corvette or something

Edited by MrTed46

Let it go. Wait'll she massages your bald head like Skins after a Cowboys loss. It's heaven.

Luckily, I thought I was going bald a couple of years ago (37 or so), but it's still hanging in there. I've been wanting the wench to shave it and be done with it, but she won't go there yet.

Never be ashamed about losing your hair. It's a natural thing.

+1

I started losing my hair at an alarming rate when I turned 19. :D

I tried rogain and some other crap, but all it did was give me headaches so I stopped them. I started shaving the dome when I graduated college. Much better decision than what I was doing previously.

Just embrace the baldness. Nothing wrong w/ it.

I started losing hair back in high school and shaved my head when I was about 22. Let it grow back years later but then remembered how much nicer it was not having any hair. It also makes you look younger having a shaved head than being half bald. At any rate, about once a week with the clippers set to the shortest setting and that's it. No worries at all.

I started losing hair back in high school and shaved my head when I was about 22. Let it grow back years later but then remembered how much nicer it was not having any hair. It also makes you look younger having a shaved head than being half bald. At any rate, about once a week with the clippers set to the shortest setting and that's it. No worries at all.

yepper...I never liked my hair and when the wife wanted me to shave the head I did and never looked back...

Actually I never given any thought to using Rogaine or anything else until the other day. I figure I have another 10 years or so. My dad was really thin up to his death at 46 and as far back as I can remember. My older brother has a full head, my younger brother has a bald spot already. Wonder if I could take some of that hair off my back? :D

Actually I never given any thought to using Rogaine or anything else until the other day. I figure I have another 10 years or so. My dad was really thin up to his death at 46 and as far back as I can remember. My older brother has a full head, my younger brother has a bald spot already. Wonder if I could take some of that hair off my back? :D

Oddly enough, your father has nothing to do with it. You inherit your hair or lack thereof from your mother.