[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This is just perfect.

billay

Not that Dick was ever going to condemn his daughter, but this flies right at the heart of Cheny's conservatism, and of those that support him.

Maybe some of these people will realize that these issues aren't as black and white as they think.

LINK

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. If she was attempting to get married, that would "fly in the face of Cheney and SOME conservatives who oppose homos getting married. But did Cheney ever say that homos should not be parents? As a conservative, I am for extending marital rights to faqs and if they want kids, so be it. And Cheney seems to be generally thrilled to learn that he will be a grandfather after probably thinking his daughter would never have kids...

But did Cheney ever say that homos should not be parents? As a conservative, I am for extending marital rights to faqs and if they want kids, so be it. And Cheney seems to be generally thrilled to learn that he will be a grandfather after probably thinking his daughter would never have kids...

I'm sure he's thrilled about the prospect of having a grandchild, but if you think the religious right is at all happy about it, you've got another think coming. The majority of the religious right does believe that gay's should not be able to adopt children, heck, most adoption agencies won't place a child in a gay household. Frankly, having a child is a more realistic option for gay couples.

So now that Mary Cheny is on par with Melissa Etheridge and David Crosby, you think the religious right is cool with that?

I'm sure he's thrilled about the prospect of having a grandchild, but if you think the religious right is at all happy about it, you've got another think coming. The majority of the religious right does believe that gay's should not be able to adopt children, heck, most adoption agencies won't place a child in a gay household. Frankly, having a child is a more realistic option for gay couples.

So now that Mary Cheny is on par with Melissa Etheridge and David Crosby, you think the religious right is cool with that?

Oh, now you are talking about the "religious right". You just mentioned "conservatives" in your first post. That is like saying that all Democrats are black or gay. The term conservative and religious right are NOT synonymous. I am a conservative but I am agnostic.

I am sure the "religious right" doesnt think homos should be allowed to marry or have children. Now, do you think Dick Cheney is a member of the religious right or just a conservative?

Yes. If she was attempting to get married, that would "fly in the face of Cheney and SOME conservatives who oppose homos getting married. But did Cheney ever say that homos should not be parents? As a conservative, I am for extending marital rights to faqs and if they want kids, so be it. And Cheney seems to be generally thrilled to learn that he will be a grandfather after probably thinking his daughter would never have kids...

Gays raising children with no father? Helloooo.

Oh, now you are talking about the "religious right". You just mentioned "conservatives" in your first post. That is like saying that all Democrats are black or gay. The term conservative and religious right are NOT synonymous. I am a conservative but I am agnostic.

I am sure the "religious right" doesnt think homos should be allowed to marry or have children. Now, do you think Dick Cheney is a member of the religious right or just a conservative?

the stereotype man doesnt like being stereotyped.... :D:D

Not that Dick was ever going to condemn his daughter, but this flies right at the heart of Cheny's conservatism, and of those that support him.

cheney's always been very supportive of his daughter. :D

Maybe some people will realize that these issues aren't as black and white as they think.

indeed.

Methinks you have no leg to stand on, sir.

cheney's always been very supportive of his daughter. :D

Yes, but she has certainly been a political thorn in his side. Remember when conservatives got their feathers all ruffled when John Edwards mentioned her in the VP debate? I have no doubt that Cheny wants to downplay his daughter and her lifestyle as much as possible. She just keeps making it more difficult for him and thus difficult for all "religious conservatives" to condemn the gay lifestyle as a whole.

Honestly. This ranks about .00001 out of 10 on the Cheney is an a-hole scale. What does this have to do with him anyway? Is this the first time in history that parents and children didn't share the same values?

Oh, I don't think he's done anything to be considered an A$$hole in his relationship with his daughter. I just enjoy the ambiguity that this situation creates among those who support him politically.

Yes, but she has certainly been a political thorn in his side. Remember when conservatives got their feathers all ruffled when John Edwards mentioned her in the VP debate?

yeah and there was also kerry, who mentioned cheney's daughter, a lesbian, in the debates. and what ruffled the most feathers, if i recall correctly, was the classlessness of the move -- assuming, like you are, that cheney's supporters will support him less, and blatantly attempting to stoke their perceived bigotry to their own electoral advantage.

I have no doubt that Cheny wants to downplay his daughter and her lifestyle as much as possible.

yeah, that's why she was cheney's campaign manager in 2004, getting up on the podium with her family AND her partner after the debates and various other public appearances. :D

She just keeps making it more difficult for him and thus difficult for all "religious conservatives" to condemn the gay lifestyle as a whole.

eh, i don't think she affects people attitudes toward gay marriage and the like one iota. all she really does is give "tolerant" people like yourself a chance to display your "tolerance" (and class) by standing up and shouting, "HA! a LESBIAN....cheney's daughter is a LESBIAN, and she's gonna have a little carpet-muncher baby with her dyke 'partner'! hahahaha!! that that, republicans."

Edited by Azazello1313

First off, I thought you were less of a republican thatn you give yourself credit for, as you've correctly pointed out how lame Dem candidates usually are.

Secondly, if that bolded part is true for you, then you also know that you are in the moniority of the conservative camp on this issue.

Finally, how you been? :D

Secondly, if that bolded part is true for you, then you also know that you are in the moniority of the conservative camp on this issue.

he would also be in the minority of the "liberal" camp as well. i think i remember seeing a poll where 33% of registered democrats are in favor of extending marital rights to gays, and 55% are opposed. granted, with republicans it's probably more like 80/20, and with self-identified "religious conservatives" it's probably like 99/1. but that's gay marriage, not simply the idea that gay people can live their lives as they please, an idea which is supported by the vast majority of voters from BOTH parties.