[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chris Weinke?

Gros Membres!

John Clayton has reported in Pittsuburgh this morning that Delhomme has ligament damage on his hand and will be out this week. Carolina easily has one of the best schedules (14-16) going forward with matchups against NYG, PIT, and ATL. PIT and ATL have been particularly susceptible to the pass. Obviously, there's no way to tell how long Delhomme will be out (or if this is all a ruse be Herr Clayton) but if Delhomme is out for an extended amount of time -

#1 - How does the QB switch affect Steve Smith's value? Weinke only threw one TD on three games back in, oh, 2003.

#2 - Does D. Williams continue his production or does Weinke allow the opposition to stack the box?

#3 - Is Chris Weinke any good?? Or at least better than Delhomme? My gut tells me No. (But then again he can't be any worse than Sexy Rexy.)

Edited by Gros Membres!

I think Weinke's lifetime record as a starter is 1-15, or something like that. I gotta' believe this hurts the fantasy value of anything and everyhting associated with the Panthers, maybe even including their defense. Weinke's pretty bad, IMHO.

that was his rookie year on a very bad carolina team.

that was his rookie year on a very bad carolina team.

i'm also pretty sure that was the year Biaka-i'mnotsurehowtospellhisname-butuka went down with injury so there wasn't even a running game to help him.

Btw, i'm a biased Noles homer if it wasn't already very obvious. :D:D

if Weinke can come out and at the very least just be efficient, Carolina might actually come out ok.

if they ask Weinke to come out and be Delhomme and sling the ball around the field willy-nilly, Carolina is in big trouble.

Lots of runs to Williams, short passes to Meshawn, and a couple of end around for Steve Smith. :D Good thing I traded away Housh and Heap for Smith. :D

i'm also pretty sure that was the year Biaka-i'mnotsurehowtospellhisname-butuka went down with injury so there wasn't even a running game to help him.

Btw, i'm a biased Noles homer if it wasn't already very obvious. :D:D

Just for Quimby's AVI's was one of the HUDDLE survey questions I answered to improve the HUDDLE :bash:

if Weinke can come out and at the very least just be efficient, Carolina might actually come out ok.

if they ask Weinke to come out and be Delhomme and sling the ball around the field willy-nilly, Carolina is in big trouble.

Noone is a better willy-nillyier than Delhomme, I agree with you there.