[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

question for those mainly in the north

dmarc117

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have one of those auto thingies on the thermostat. Highly recommend it. We pretty much have it at 68 for awake times (although I tend to bump it up to 70 in the evening for a couple hours). It goes down to 60 overnight and then comes back up about 1/2 hour before we're due to get up in the morning.

Well for about a year Washington Gas kept billing me only a service charge. So during the winter i was receiving bills for $10.17.

During that time our house was set at 73

Now its 70 during the day and 71 at night because of the twins.

We actually have a Colonial that has two furnaces, one for the upstairs and one for the main floor and basement. Works out nice.

Thus we keep the main floor thermostat at about 68 and may ratchet it up a degree or two early AM or last evening before bed but then it's back down to about 68 for the night.

Upstairs keep at about 63 or so during the day and then up to about 68 at night. My youngest's bedroom is upstairs with us so I don't like to keep it too low.

You people better all have young kids or be elderly (save BJ and Pennypacker).

70 f'n degrees!

I bet when it's 70 out in summer you have the air on as well.

We keep the house at 62.

Though we do splurge and have a space heater next to the computer to keep the feet warm.

66 during the day and 70-71 in the evening. And then 69 once we go to bed. We keep it a little warmer now that we have the baby. Her room is on the NW side of the house so it's a bit cooler in her room. We live in an old house so it gets a bit chilly when it's really cold.