Sign in to follow this  
MonkeyOne

Betts off the Free Agent market

???

It appears to me that unless one of them gets shopped this offseason, neither one will have much expected of them next season. Possibly, we're looking at JJ / MBIII, part deux?

???

It appears to me that unless one of them gets shopped this offseason, neither one will have much expected of them next season. Possibly, we're looking at JJ / MBIII, part deux?

yeah, this isn't good for portis or betts from a fantasy perspective.

What the heck are the Redskins doing? Betts has always been a great capable back-up so why then did the skins give up a draft pick and sign Duckett (yeah remember him) from the Falcons? Another bad move from that free spending front office.

I think we are coming to a time in fantasy football where RBs will not hold higher value than WRs, except for an elite few that can be counted on a few fingers.

I see why coaches are doing RBBC's. RBs wear down fast and have short careers, and if you can get them relief, their careers will be extended, and they will be fresher for the next game and the season. I see it like relief pitchers in major league baseball. Relief pitchers can add years to the starting pitcher's career, and it keeps them fresh for the next game and season. In football you have the added benefit of being able to bring your starter back into the game. So, I think there will be added payroll budget to the RB position for many organizations.

Couldn't the Redskins gotten someone better for the team than Portis for Champ Bailey? By signing Betts, the Redskins admit that sending of Bailey was a mistake. I guess that is another brainiac move by Danny Boy Snyder.

I think we are coming to a time in fantasy football where RBs will not hold higher value than WRs, except for an elite few that can be counted on a few fingers.

I see why coaches are doing RBBC's. RBs wear down fast and have short careers, and if you can get them relief, their careers will be extended, and they will be fresher for the next game and the season. I see it like relief pitchers in major league baseball. Relief pitchers can add years to the starting pitcher's career, and it keeps them fresh for the next game and season. In football you have the added benefit of being able to bring your starter back into the game. So, I think there will be added payroll budget to the RB position for many organizations.

You are right about the value of receivers (Tier II) now equalling the value of running backs (Tier II). It seems that Tier II WR's are producing more thatn Tier II RBs.