[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mel Gibson's

Mr. Pennypacker

This movie has been getting some pretty good reviews. Saw the trailer for this and didn't really understand what the hell the movie was about until I heard Howard Stern talk about it. The movie is also in subtitles which I hate.

Is anybody going to see this? Anybody not going to see this because of the drunken rant Mel went on a few months ago?

You would think a few months ago no Hollywood studio would want Mel Gibson's name attached to a movie but they are promoting like crazy that it is Mel Gibson's Apocalypto.

You would think a few months ago no Hollywood studio would want Mel Gibson's name attached to a movie but they are promoting like crazy that it is Mel Gibson's Apocalypto.

My guess is that it's Mel's money so Mel is promoting it as Mel Gibson's Apocalypto to try and remind people that when he's not a nazi, he makes movies.

I love stern and listen to him everyday, but he will never say anything good about any movie Mel will make because Howard is Jewish and Mel is an anti-Semite.

I will check out the movie it looks like a good one, and its a subject I would like to see on the big screen.

Edited by whitem0nkey

I still don't have a clue what it's about ... anyone enlighten me?

The wanning, near-final chapter of the Mayan empire: pre-Spanish colonialization. Very violent time in the Mayan history. Allegedley, lots of city warfare, forced slave labor, and a we dabbing in human sacrafice.

Edited by yo mama

The wanning, near-final chapter of the Mayan empire: pre-Spanish colonialization. Very violent time in the Mayan history. Allegedley, lots of city warfare, forced slave labor, and a we dabbing in human sacrafice.

I got interested when I heard about it, but not so much when you realize it's not really based in truth. Random bloodshed is nothing special.

My guess is that it's Mel's money so Mel is promoting it as Mel Gibson's Apocalypto to try and remind people that when he's not a nazi, he makes movies.

He's not a Nazi, he's Catholic. Which sometimes seems like six of one, half-dozen of the other at times.... :D

I'll pass. Good or not, I have no interest in lining Mel's pockets any more until he shows true remorse in his words and actions for an extended period of time.

Have you gone out of your way to watch Roman Polanski movies?

He's not a Nazi, he's Catholic. Which sometimes seems like six of one, half-dozen of the other at times.... :D

:D:bash:

ill go see it

the fall of that civilization was classic to all large powerful empires/governments.... they used up there resources/ made the common people slaves/ worthless and had a lot of infighting within the power core...

Well, the Roman Catholic Church supported the Nazis during WWII remember, and are responsible for ALOT more death and destruction than the Nazis were over the course of their bloody and inglorious history...

the fall of that civilization was classic to all large powerful empires/governments.... they used up there resources/ made the common people worthless and had a lot of infighting within the power core...

:D This sounds sorta familiar, but I can't put my finger on why....

Well, the Roman Catholic Church supported the Nazis during WWII remember, and are responsible for ALOT more death and destruction than the Nazis were over the course of their bloody and inglorious history...

Not a bad :D effort. I give it 7.234287456917

Ahhhh...nothing like good old misinformed Catholic bashing to put you in the holiday spirit. As I've stated many times before, for me, the Catholic Church's teachings are sound. Many of it's teachers (throughout history) have not been. If you don't espouse those beliefs, or it makes you shudder, that's just peachy. Pray and worship (or not) in any way that floats your boat. Just don't belittle or mock what others believe in, from whatever faith they follow, and what you don't fully understand.

Ahhhh...nothing like good old misinformed Catholic bashing to put you in the holiday spirit. As I've stated many times before, for me, the Catholic Church's teachings are sound. Many of it's teachers (throughout history) have not been. If you don't espouse those beliefs, or it makes you shudder, that's just peachy. Pray and worship (or not) in any way that floats your boat. Just don't belittle or mock what others believe in, from whatever faith they follow, and what you don't fully understand.

:D Well said brother.

I want to go see it before a band of explorers Catholics from the Old World come over to show us what real civilization is with their rock throwers and disease to force spread their religion, steal our gold and kill us all like they did the Mayans.