[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Property Investment Question

spain

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, here is the latest. Tom goes over to get the money. The dude wants to talk about it. Mind you, this dude is a counselor. He asks Tom to rate their relationship between 1 and 10. :D He wants to know if they are still friends. Tom assures them that they are still cool. He wants to know if Toms wife has a problem at all. Toms wife and this dudes wife are close as their kids are in play group together. Tom tells him that its all good. Tom is basically just trying to get out of there and move on.

A few hours later, dude calls and wants to talk to Toms wife. She normally avoids confrontation, but not tonight! She accuses dude of lying to us all. She tells him the litany of lies he has told to us. Says that he should have taken care of this thing monday instead of us having to chase him down. He has justified all of this to himself and Toms wife completely blasts his arguement to bits. Tom and his wife call me after that call. I am very surprised that she told him off like that. During our call, guess who calls me? It was him and he left me a voice mail. I am shocked that he would ever call me again after our last conversation. I havent called him back yet as I will let him hang like he left me. I have no idea what he wants other than to explain his actions which Ive already told him are inexcusable.

Ok, here is the latest. Tom goes over to get the money. The dude wants to talk about it. Mind you, this dude is a counselor. He asks Tom to rate their relationship between 1 and 10. :D He wants to know if they are still friends. Tom assures them that they are still cool. He wants to know if Toms wife has a problem at all. Toms wife and this dudes wife are close as their kids are in play group together. Tom tells him that its all good. Tom is basically just trying to get out of there and move on.

A few hours later, dude calls and wants to talk to Toms wife. She normally avoids confrontation, but not tonight! She accuses dude of lying to us all. She tells him the litany of lies he has told to us. Says that he should have taken care of this thing monday instead of us having to chase him down. He has justified all of this to himself and Toms wife completely blasts his arguement to bits. Tom and his wife call me after that call. I am very surprised that she told him off like that. During our call, guess who calls me? It was him and he left me a voice mail. I am shocked that he would ever call me again after our last conversation. I havent called him back yet as I will let him hang like he left me. I have no idea what he wants other than to explain his actions which Ive already told him are inexcusable.

He called you to ask you to not cash the check. Until next tuesday. By then, he'll be out of the country.

Well, first off, let me say that I have my money. But I had to actually threaten this dude to get it. If you can imagine me threatening a 6'9" inch dude! But he had tried to analyze me one time that we were all together as he found "my situation" really really astounding and extraordinary(his words). So he knows alot of my family history, and he is aware that I am probably not the type of person that would make idle threats and not follow through. Yes, he knows about my past, my older brother spending ages 13-18 in juvi/ward of the state; my step brother is currently Brushy Mountain right now for murder, my half brother Joe David is on parole, etc. And he is from Nashville and knows the area of town I grew up in, so yes, he is well aware that I might not be the guy to f*ck over.

Let me go over the time line of this week. Monday I go back over to the condo developer offices and talk to the lady there. She says that they havent even submitted the "addendum" to the original contract that I signed yet. So, all she needs from me is an email stating that I dont want to be added to the original contract and that I relinquish any interest to condo #728. Tom and I both send her an email from our blackberrys, and copy the other dude. I leave him a voice mail at 4;00 pm Monday explaining what happened and ask when I can come get my $$. He doesnt return my call.

Tuesday morning, I call Tom. He calls the other dude and goes over the same thing on his voice mail. Nothing happens. Tuesday afternoon, I sent him an email and leave him another vm on his cell phone. No response. I am now REALLY starting to wonder about this joker. If I owe you money, you dont have to come looking for me. But if you owe me money and I have to come looking for you, I am un-f'n happy camper.

Wednesday morning I call his house and his cell and leave voice mail at both places. He calls me back and is very nice. Says as soon as he gets the documents from the condo folks he will write me a check. i tell him there are no documents but I will forward him the email I sent to the condo developer. He says he needs them to contact him. I say thats fine, I will call them and have them contact him and we will be over that night to get paid. He says he will be home all night, to just call him. I call the condo people and explain to them. The lady there sends me an email later in the day stating that she called this guy and emailed him that the addendum I signed was destroyed. So, I call him that night and leave him a couple voice mails. My friend Tom was supposed to go over there and get our money but had a sick kid. He tried to call the guy, but he never answered his phone anyway. He had assured me earlier that he would be home all night. Now I am one pissed off redneck!

Thursday morning I leave him a voice mail saying that I want my money with sort of an ominous tone. I then send him an email telling him that he had promised to be at home all evening and he wasnt. I needed to hear from him asap. He calls me around 3:00. He says that he still hasnt received my email from the condo people. I tell him that I forwarded the entire email chain. He says he needs the email to come from the condo folks email address, you know, to protect him. I tell him that I gave him a check for $10k on a friendship handshake and here he is demanding some technicality bs. I tell him that is f'n insulting! Besides, I say that I am trying to get away from your sorry ass, not come back later and make a claim with you to be your partner. Plus, I have been trying to get this done all week and I am having to track him down. He says he has called me everyday this week! :D I come completely unglued as he is totally lying here. I thank God and bloody Jesus that I am in Memphis tonight because I dont know what I would have done but somebody would have been going to jail. He is lying and I call him on it.

I tell him that he is a f'n liar and that he hasnt been returning my calls. He says he isnt going to argue with me about this. I tell him, you are god dam right we arent going to argue. You are a f'n liar and a cheat and I wont my f'n money. He then says that if I had done what he asked, that is, gotten the condo folks to forward this from their email, then I would have my money. He is now fueling the fire of an out of control unstable maniac. I then tell him, You are going to pay me TODAY, not tomorrow, not when you get an email from anybody, not some indeterminate time in the future, but today you will pay me my money or your life as you know it will be changed forever. I tell him that I am in Memphis, and he doesnt want me to get in my car and drive 3 hours just to handle this. He then says he will call the condo folks. I tell him not to bother because he better be calling the life insurance rep, cause his wife and kids are going to need it tomorrow if I dont have my god dam money. He is trying to calm me down, but I have a temper that is virtually uncontrollable. I am very calm and easy going, but once I get upset or angry, its hard to talk me down off the ledge.

He is a counselor and is used to talking things out. But his lies have me completely off my nut. He realizes that I am unstable and promises to call me right back. I call Tom and tell him this is about to get very ugly. Tom, whose temper rivals my own, is also now very pumped up. when I am talking to Tom, the dude calls back. so, I take the call and he says that he spoke with the condo people and now has everything he needs and that I can come by anytime for my money. I tell him to go get a cashiers check and Tom will be by and get it at 6:00. he does and tom does. Tom says the guy wanted to talk it out with him but Tom was having none of it. Tom has my check which I will be cashing tomorrow when I get home. All is well that ends well..

Good job Spain, glad you got your $$ back from this clown. You handled it the correct way.

Edited by NSab