[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Red Light District here I come!

Puddy

I have an aisle seat on the way there and a window seat on the way back. No windows available on the way there. I'll probably just get liquored up, talk nasty to a flight attendant and force an emergency landing somewhere along the way.

I'm sure you know, but check on that when you get to the airport... they release the emergency row seats during check-in... you could get a window seat AND more leg room! :clap:

But yeah, Plan B sounds good too. :bash:

Have fun and sneak some hash back in your va-jay-jay.

:D

Good info here.

+2

Edit: And in honor of your trip and this page-turning post... :D

Edited by darin3

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I can't spell this, but when there, make sure you eat a filafel, and some other thing they sell all over the place.

They actually do stop selling beer in most places much earlier than you think, there are some after hours bars, but they have some weird rules. I don't remember what they were cause I was completely torqued the entire time I was there.

And yes, there are some smokin hotties, and there are also some giant nigerian ladies... some guys like that I guess. :D

Screw the airplane advice. Just get soem Ambien and a cocktail= lights out.

Once in Amsterdam, you can't miss the Red Light District its freakin huge and right by the train station. You can get everything there; and I do mean everything. If you plan to taste the ladyfaire, take your time and shop. There are a TON of women to choose from. You name it, its there. Take in the sex and hash museums. Also, check out one of the livelier sex shows. All of these are within the same area. If you are there in the afternoon, you can also take the canal boat trips and do some really cheap shopping on the streets.

Also, like mentioned earlier, get some of the Falafel wraps. They are AWESOME!! Street vendors sell them everywhere. You may want to grab a few for the road.

Wow...what has the huddle come to?

A guy says he's going to Amsterdam and 20 posts later the best advice he's gotten is how to best sleep on the trip over? Faqs!

5 years ago we had a contingent from work sent over and I lost out on the last spot via a coin flip. :D

No Sega!, I was thinking the same thing. Wow! Dat be Funky 2 understand! is wrong with you people? :D

The man asked for advice on how to sleep.

He doesn't need advice about anything else as I'm sure he has consulted his local AAA office for a TripTik to guide his travels through the red-light district.

I'm sure Puddy had no problem finding the AAA number. :D

Well, I'm still in Michigan. Board the airplane at 5:10 yesterday. Get to the runway and begin accelerating for takeoff. Suddenly the brakes are applied and we turn left. Pilot: "well ladies and gentleman, a sensor went off indicating that the cargo door isn't completely shut. We have to go back to the gate to get it checked. It shouldn't take long so everyone stay on the plane for further updates. 3 1/2 hours later they finally tell us we need to get a new plane. Not once did they come through and give us water, soda, beer, a f'n peanut. :D Prime dinner time and nothin'. Once we got off the plane the four of us said screw it. Canceled the meeting, got a bite to eat and went home.

Looks like we may try again next month.

Well, I'm still in Michigan. Board the airplane at 5:10 yesterday. Get to the runway and begin accelerating for takeoff. Suddenly the brakes are applied and we turn left. Pilot: "well ladies and gentleman, a sensor went off indicating that the cargo door isn't completely shut. We have to go back to the gate to get it checked. It shouldn't take long so everyone stay on the plane for further updates. 3 1/2 hours later they finally tell us we need to get a new plane. Not once did they come through and give us water, soda, beer, a f'n peanut. :D Prime dinner time and nothin'. Once we got off the plane the four of us said screw it. Canceled the meeting, got a bite to eat and went home.

Yikes. An extended holding pattern and they don't even let you back to the terminal? Talk about unacceptable service :D

Did you call AAA? :D

Yikes. An extended holding pattern and they don't even let you back to the terminal? Talk about unacceptable service :D

When I flew out to Vegas for WCCOFF, I was supposed to change planes in Denver. Well, they closed Denver airport due to thunderstorms and we had to land at Colorado Springs until the storms passed. We must have been on the ground in Colorado Springs for an hour. But we couldnt taxi to the gate, got no drinks or snacks, and were just basically stranded. Finally, the weather cleared and we took off again and headed to Denver, but the whole sitting on a tarmac thing is not good...

He missed bowling for that fiasco :D

To top it off his replacement that has a 210 avg. bowled a 139 the first game :bash:

Normal. Once you're on that plane, if there's a technical glitch, you could be on it 8 hours or more. Unless there's absolutely no option, they never let you get off the thing. I was on the ground in (I think) Denver for nearly three hours once while they fixed some doohickey. The pilot was going nuts trying to get us off the plane but NWA wouldn't let him.

To top it off his replacement that has a 210 avg. bowled a 139 the first game :bash:

He probably wasn't using the right bowling ball of his 8 bowling balls he has. :D:D Not sure I why I went there, just felt like throwing a bowling joke in there and a bad one at that.

Have your cheap-ass company spring for first or at very least, business class? :D

Lots of Red Bull or Mountain Dew? :bash::clap::tup:

Magic brownies. :doh:

Hot, cheap women. :D

I've been in the red light district in Amsterdam and the women were not exactly hot. It's legal, yes, but they're still whores. None of the ones I saw could work in Vegas.

Great city, nonetheless. The museums are fantastic (Picasso, especially) if you're looking for something to do during the day.

What airline? I was held up on American for a long period of time once and sent an email to customer service. They gave me 12,000 free miles. Not much but something.

What airline? I was held up on American for a long period of time once and sent an email to customer service. They gave me 12,000 free miles. Not much but something.

Northwest. I actually thought of complaining (not that we were delayed, as that was inevitable) but the fact that they just let us sit for 3 1/2 hours without so much as a glass of water.

One of the guys who was with me actually went to McDonalds as soon as we deplaned to bring back some food to a mother who was traveling with two young kids. I'm guessing those kids were pretty darn hungry by the time we got off of the plane.