[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Planning a family vacation

theeohiostate

We don't travel much, so i'm looking for experienced vacationers to let me know where i should be looking to get the best deals on airfare and hotels.

The wife and 3 kids are wanting to experience DisneyWorld in June and i want to go ahead and set everything up now, while i have the extra money burning a hole in my pocket.

I'm not a AAA member, but people have told me that they have great offers. Should i sign up ? I've checked out many places online like Orbitz and CheapTickets, but i'm sure they make a substantial commission, is that really the best deal.

What about a travel agent? Or should i contact the hotels and airline myself?

Any direction that is best, please let me know. Thanks.

We don't travel much, so i'm looking for experienced vacationers to let me know where i should be looking to get the best deals on airfare and hotels.

The wife and 3 kids are wanting to experience DisneyWorld in June and i want to go ahead and set everything up now, while i have the extra money burning a hole in my pocket.

I'm not a AAA member, but people have told me that they have great offers. Should i sign up ? I've checked out many places online like Orbitz and CheapTickets, but i'm sure they make a substantial commission, is that really the best deal.

What about a travel agent? Or should i contact the hotels and airline myself?

Any direction that is best, please let me know. Thanks.

I like Yahoo travel, personally, for the vacation itself. For air tickets combined with hotels, I usually go to Expedia or Travelocity.

Since you're a Buckeye fan, I'm going to assume you are from Ohio. If you are, and you're not too far from Toledo Express Airport, check out this website. They have just about the cheapest airfare to Orlando and/or Sanford Field (near Lake Mary) you are going to find. You can use their flight scheduler to pre-plan all of your vacation. We've flown with them many times, and never had any problems. And with flights starting as low as $59 bucks one way to Florida, it's tough to beat. They do have flight/hotel deals as well. Since you're not going until June, you should have no problem tailoring your vacation to your specific wants and needs. On a side note; depending on the age of your kids, I highly recommend Universal Studios.

Since you're a Buckeye fan, I'm going to assume you are from Ohio. If you are, and you're not too far from Toledo Express Airport, check out this website. They have just about the cheapest airfare to Orlando and/or Sanford Field (near Lake Mary) you are going to find. You can use their flight scheduler to pre-plan all of your vacation. We've flown with them many times, and never had any problems. And with flights starting as low as $59 bucks one way to Florida, it's tough to beat. They do have flight/hotel deals as well. Since you're not going until June, you should have no problem tailoring your vacation to your specific wants and needs. On a side note; depending on the age of your kids, I highly recommend Universal Studios.

Thanks Deacon, but i'm aroung the Cincy area, Toledo is a 4 hour drive so that is not an option for me..............i hate drives that are more then an hour.

FWIW... Did a Disney trip this past fall... AAA package for Disney hotel (moderate) and park tickets was $180 cheaper than any other offer I could find, including booking through Disney directly.

Not sure if Jet Blue is available in Ohio, but they were by far the cheapest flight. I booked the air separately.