[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Wire (spoiler)

cliaz

Don't read if you haven't seen it yet.....

but if you have....

R.I.P. Bodie

great season.

Well I thought the season was "good" not "great". I mean to me the show hasn't been the same show that season 1 & 2 were. I thought those were "great" seasons. But i do like the way this season ended off, and I have high hopes for next season being that they are assembling the old "Wire" team again. McNulty is back too,now they just need to get Hurc & Carver.

I still miss the old Barksdale days though.........

Well I thought the season was "good" not "great". I mean to me the show hasn't been the same show that season 1 & 2 were. I thought those were "great" seasons. But i do like the way this season ended off, and I have high hopes for next season being that they are assembling the old "Wire" team again. McNulty is back too,now they just need to get Hurc & Carver.

I still miss the old Barksdale days though.........

The season with The Greeks and Sabokis (sp) was awesome..Its the only season I watched..Great stuff

That season was just as good as any other, IMO. I'd be hard pressed to oick a favorite out of the four. I really think that The Wire is probably the best show on TV, and I hope it continues on for several more seasons. The thing is right now I want them to continue following the kids, and I'm sure they'll flip it and go a totally different direction next season.

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished watching the season on HBO on Demand. It was the first season that I've seen and it is hard to beleive that there could be a better season.

This is the BEST show on tv. I think that I will be getting seasons 1-3 on DVD this holiday season and am looking forward to getting to know the history of the characters from season 4.

I am somewhat familiar with the Barksdale crew story. Was sad to see Bodie go, but recognize that I'll see plenty of him in the earlier seasons.

I've read that the fifth season will be the final season and will focus on how the media focuses on (and doesn't focus on) the life and issues around the neighborhoods.

Good info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wire_%28TV_series%29

Season 5:

HBO announced September 12th, 2006 that they have commissioned a fifth and final season, ordering 13 episodes. In an interview with Slate on December 1st, 2006, David Simon said that season five will be about the media and consumers of media. The theme will be about "what stories get told and what don't and why it is that things stay the same." Journalism modeled after The Baltimore Sun will be a major focus. Profits and the decrease in the number of reporters will be an issue along with the end of aspiration for news quality. In the same interview, Simon indicated that no theme seemed substantial enough to warrant a sixth season, except possibly the large influx of Hispanics and Central Americans into Baltimore. Simon said that no writer on the show spoke Spanish or had any intimate knowledge of the Baltimore Hispanic/Central American population, thus the field work would be too cumbersome.

Edited by justin

I love how this series has worked it.

Season 1: Intro to the drug trade in Baltimore

Season 2: Smuggling at the Docks and the corruption.

Season 3: Showed how the drug trade can switch players (rise of Marlo)

Season 4: School and politics

Best show ever.

• 2 weeks later...