[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Definition of Outcoached and Outplayed.

Cowboyz1

um, what did jacksonville do yesterday when it was 3rd down. they ran the ball. dallas didnt run it once on 3rd down. Also, I wouldnt have passed once, until they forced me to punt after running on 3 straight downs. THat never happened. There was no reson to pass on the 3rd series, or the 4th series, which cost them the sack and then forced them to pass, or even the 5th series when its 3rd and 6, when you are picking up chunks of 60+, 10, 10, 5, 4. They should have spread them out on 3rd down and ran it down their throat again. So yeah, they abondoned the run. Dallas knew NO was potent on offense, and should have used the same game plan they used to beat Indy. Run, Run, Run, and punt if you have to. Limit posessions, hold field position, and shorten the game. The biggest weakness in this game coming in was the NO run D, the biggest weakness coming out was the Dallas pass D, because they abondoned the game plan to beat a high powered offense, they showed just a few weeks earlier.

I am absolutely shocked Jerry Jones hasn't scooped you up by now. :D

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest going in I knew it would be a shootout and in rajns thread I predicted Dallas 34-24. That being said I dont see what the over analysis here is all about..No excuses Dallas had no answers for the Saints that night. The Saints beat their asses..I know the Cowboys fans myself included are excited about the opportunities we have had since Romo took over but no one expected them to never lose a game again as long as hes qb..The Giants also beat up Dallas in big D and we came back in their house with the possibility of the division on the line and beat them in their backyard..The Saints deserve a lot of credit for the win and should be considered a threat in the NFL..Not because of the feel good story but because they are a great football team and proved it Sunday night..I still feel good about Dallas..Lets see how Romo / Parcells and the rest of the boys respond to getting whooped..

I, Gunther, agree with the above.... (and however the rest goes :D ).

Needless to say nobody will be taking the Saints lightly from here on out.

The Saints game plan and execution were perfect in this game. Outcoached and outplayed, absolutely. Dallas would have needed to play a perfect game to win.

And even on their best game the Cowboys still might have not won.

When the Saints are on their game, they are nasty. When the Cowboys are on their game, they are nasty.

From a neutral observer's point of view, it is hard for me to crown the Saints just yet. But anybody that thought they were some kind of novelty act has to be convinced now that they absolutely can go to the Superbowl. Sunday night's game proved that once and for all.

It is amazing what a new coaching regime, kick axe running back, and a veteran quarterback in the prime of his career can do for a downtrodden organization. They got it goin' on!!

It's amazing. All those years of futility, and finally this year they get a couple of right key pieces, and bingo. Winner. They just might do it.

To be honest going in I knew it would be a shootout and in rajns thread I predicted Dallas 34-24. That being said I dont see what the over analysis here is all about..No excuses Dallas had no answers for the Saints that night. The Saints beat their asses..I know the Cowboys fans myself included are excited about the opportunities we have had since Romo took over but no one expected them to never lose a game again as long as hes qb..The Giants also beat up Dallas in big D and we came back in their house with the possibility of the division on the line and beat them in their backyard..The Saints deserve a lot of credit for the win and should be considered a threat in the NFL..Not because of the feel good story but because they are a great football team and proved it Sunday night..I still feel good about Dallas..Lets see how Romo / Parcells and the rest of the boys respond to getting whooped..

you mean I was the only one? :D

It's obvious that the Saints were better prepared than the Cowboys. It has nothing to do with not being ready or overlooking someone it's about coaching and preparation. How do you OVERLOOK a team that is 8-4?

Payton has it. Parcells doesn't. Just look how inconsistent Dallas has been all year. One week they look like Super Bowl contenders, the next week they look like they belong in the Big-12. That's coaching ... pure and simple.

What would the score had been if Horn had played and Colston would have been healthy :D The biggest difference between these two teams is who's under center. Romo has poor mechanics, goes through only his second progression and never checks down, or even looks, at his running back out of the backfield. Brees, on the other hand, consistently goes through all his progressions, checks down when he needs to, spreads the ball around and is closing in on the Brady, Manning, Palmer class of quarterbacks.

The Cowboys don't have the personnel to match up with New Orleans offensive threats. The DB's are overmatched even by New Orleans WR3 and WR4. Roy "overrated" Williams continues to be a liabilty on deep routes. They're not physical enough to handle Deuce and they have absolutely NO answer for Mr. Reggie :bash: Bush!!

If they play again in the playoffs look for this result .....New Orleans 34 Dallas 24 :D

Edited by theprofessor

The bookmakers have their say:

To Win Superbowl:

Cowboys 15:1

New Orleans 5:1

let me see, julius rips off a 70 yd run for a touch, and the next series (or 2) they passed on all 3 downs. seems they needed to grind out some yards, keep the saints off the field and they might have won that game. if your asking me they got away from what would have given them the best chance to win.

You're kidding about the Dallas defense, right? Vastly overrated. Payton exposed them!

Wrong, the Saints Defense is hardly as good as they played Sunday and the Cowboys D is hardly as bad as they played Sunday. After 14 weeks the Saints D has looked consistantly uncertain where as the Cowboys have played better competition and have better stats then the Saints D. We will see, as the last three games and post season play will tell us a lot about both teams. The feel good Saints are playing well but I am not ready to give them 5 stars for their D yet.

Well right now the Saints offense looks a lot like the Rams offense back in '99. So the defense is enjoying a "free ride" of sorts, but the point is that like those '99 Rams, the defense is good enough. As long as B&B (Brees n Bush) keep playing the way they have been, the defense is plenty good enough.

• 3 weeks later...