[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which is the best cell phone service provider?

kpholmes

I have had AT&T/Cingular for the past 4 years, and I'm pretty tired of it. All of these commercials about fewest dropped calls and etc. are rediculous; my calls are dropped all the time no matter what model phone I use or where I am.

So I am beggining my quest to look for a new serive provider and would appreciate all the input anyone has on any of the services.

Thanks!

I've had no real issues with Verizon. I have a Motorola Q and a broadband access card through them. On the card right now instead of paying $6.95 for wireless at the airport.

There have been a few minor snafus with settings on the Q and with the card, but they were resolved to my satisfaction.

I have had Verizon for the past 4 years and I am looking to switch to Cingular this spring. Verizon's customer service is a joke, I don't think their service is up to par despite all those silly commercials talking about the largest network.

Curious about the best provider out there too.

I think the answer depends on where you live.

I agree. Here, in our neck of the woods, Cingular seems to have better coverage than other big guys such as Verizon & T-Mobile. That's just based on some people I know that have switched from both to Cingular because of it. On the other hand, I've heard that in big cities Verizon is the best.

Check out the coverage maps as each carrier is different, but I switched from Cingular to Verizon about 5 years back and have been very happy. They have the best overall coverage if you travel a lot.

Edited by Kid Cid

I used to have Nextel and was frustrated with dropped calls and too many areas where there was no signal.

At one point, when I could not get any signal in the middle of the SF Bay Area, I threw my phone about 50 yards.

About 3 years ago, I switched to Verizon and that fixed all of the problems. Yeah, their customer service is a joke, and trying to talk to a real person when you have a question is almost impossible. But from what I've heard, that is true of ALL of the major cell phone companies. Cust. service depts are always way understaffed. They will all direct you to their web site while you sit on hold for half an hour or more.

Edited by Controller

I have had AT&T/Cingular for the past 4 years, and I'm pretty tired of it. All of these commercials about fewest dropped calls and etc. are rediculous; my calls are dropped all the time no matter what model phone I use or where I am.

So I am beggining my quest to look for a new serive provider and would appreciate all the input anyone has on any of the services.

Thanks!

I think the answer depends on where you live.

I agree. Here, in our neck of the woods, Cingular seems to have better coverage than other big guys such as Verizon & T-Mobile. That's just based on some people I know that have switched from both to Cingular because of it. On the other hand, I've heard that in big cities Verizon is the best.

Good info here. In my area Cingular has the best coverage and overall they probably do have the fewest dropped calls. However Verizon is probably the best in more populated areas. They also have a good selection of phones.

It's really a crap shoot until you start testing out the services. We've been through 6 providers for my company within the last 4 years and have finally gotten decent reception and almost 0 drop calls with T-Mobile.

I would contact some smaller "reps" for the cellular companies and see if they have demo phones you could use to try out for a day or two. I would imagine you would be able to have better success trying out the service with them than one of the local cellular retail shops. You may want to set it up when you know you will be doing some traveling though and not just sitting at home. They may need a week or two in advance to know when you would need them.

I have been happy with T Mobile. I travel overseas a lot, and the nice thing is in Europe you are usually on, or near, a T Mobile network. No roaming!

:D

I switched to T-Mobile last year and have been very happy. Just a one year contract, but check their coverage map before you sign up... I'm in a high coverage area, so no problems, but I'm not sure about the rest of their network.

and customer service for all providers sucks balls

That is a lie.

We had great coverage, no drops with US Cellular, but the customer service WAS HORRIBLE!!!

Currently have T Mobile, their customer service is top notch, very quick and friendly, but the coverage isn't as great, a few drops where it did not before.

However, I'll take what I have now over being lied to and scammed like US Cellular did.

I have liked Verizon much better than AT&T/Cingular, which I had for years. Fewer dropped calls and no voicemail issues. Coverage is better than the others in my area and fine when traveling in the U.S.

My wife loves her T-Mobile. They're are hands down the best value carrier out there - especially if texting is involved.

Have Verizon for years. Have never had a problem.

Ditto. I had Cingular for a few years when I first got a cell phone, and they were ok too. I also had AT&T for about a week (in between Cingular and Verizon) and it was the biggest POS provider ever. I prefer Verizon out of the three. Good coverage, decent rates, and they give me a new phone every two years.

Edited by Skrappy1

Ditto. I had Cingular for a few years when I first got a cell phone, and they were ok too. I also had AT&T for about a week (in between Cingular and Verizon) and it was the biggest POS provider ever. I prefer Verizon out of the three. Good coverage, decent rates, and they give me a new phone every two years.

I had AT&T a few years back and it was horrible. Couldn't even get a signal on the highway while driving past cell phone towers. Luckily I never signed a contract with them and was able to get out even though they told me I entered into a verbal 2-year contract.