[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FFL Semis

Red Barons

I had a bye this week so I was lucky enough to sit and watch my opponents battle it out. THEY TIED! The commissioner called me and said that there is no tie breaker set up in the playoffs so in essence I have to play both of them next week. For them its OK because they live to see another week but for me I think I have more risk with the chance of one of the two teams blowing up. Has anyone ever experienced this?

I had a bye this week so I was lucky enough to sit and watch my opponents battle it out. THEY TIED! The commissioner called me and said that there is no tie breaker set up in the playoffs so in essence I have to play both of them next week. For them its OK because they live to see another week but for me I think I have more risk with the chance of one of the two teams blowing up. Has anyone ever experienced this?

The fact that you have no tie breaker set up for the playoffs is ludicrous

That is no good. I have actually seen this proposed as a tiebreaker in some leagues, but I shoot this down as it is totally unfair for a team to play against 2 teams for a playoff win.

There needs to be another way for the tie to be broken before this. It is too late for a desginated bench player or desginated position. So I may suggest converting to decimal equalvalents if the scoring was not decimal; or give the win to the team with the better seed (1/2 point for "home field")

That is no good. I have actually seen this proposed as a tiebreaker in some leagues, but I shoot this down as it is totally unfair for a team to play against 2 teams for a playoff win.

There needs to be another way for the tie to be broken before this. It is too late for a desginated bench player or desginated position. So I may suggest converting to decimal equalvalents if the scoring was not decimal; or give the win to the team with the better seed (1/2 point for "home field")

That could work. One of them should win by .002 points.

I can not comprehend a league that doesn't have tiebreakers set up for the playoffs. For you to have to face 2 teams in the next round is ridiculous and an incredibly unfair disadvantage, but to be honest your league's incredible lack of foresight created the problem. Now they need to solve it - and someone is going to be rightfully pissed at the solution.

We have each team set a primary tiebreaker player and a secondary tiebreaker player. If it's tied at that point, the 1/2 point homefield advantage for the higher seed comes into play.

There should be a tiebreaker this doesnt seem fair to me.

Why not change it and the one with the most bench points wins? Making you play two people is not fair. They are punishing you for the league's failure.

We actually use the highest scoring starter on the theory that the team with the best player that day wins. But using the bench players work well too.

I don't like the bench points idea at all. The point of managing a fantasy football team is to assemble the best starting lineup from week to week, not the best bench. So an owner gets penalized for keeping backups like Michael Turner and Seneca Wallace on their rosters, or if they swing blockbuster trades giving away multiple-player depth for one stud???

Ideas I think are better, in order of preference (but of course should have been predetermined)...

- fractional point scoring systems

- most TD's by starters

- highest scoring starter

- designated bench player