[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WDIS tonight?

muck

If I win tonight, I'm in the playoffs ... if I don't, I'm not.

Here are the scoring rules:

0.1 pt for each RB rushing or receiving yard

0.2 pts for each RB rushing attempt or reception

6.0 pts for each RB rushing or receiving TD

3.0 pts for FGs 39yds or shorter

4.0 pts for FGs of 40-49 yards

5.0 pts for FGs of 50yds or more

-2.0 pts for missed FGs of 39yds or less

-1.0 pts for missed FGs of 49yds or less

I need 21.83 points to get into the playoffs. The other guy has played all of his players, I have two spots still to play.

I must start Jeff Wilkins (he's my only kicker), so, unless STL gets shut out, he should get me a couple of points, at least.

However, I have a choice of either Thomas Jones or Steven Jackson to start at my final spot to get me in the playoffs.

Right now, I've got SJax in the lineup ... should I change it?

Bears Rush Defense: 105.7 YPG, 5 TD's allowed

Rams Rush Defense: 153.3 YPG, 14 TD's allowed

Thomas Jones YTD: 1082 yards, 4 TD's.

Steven Jackson YTD: 1650 yards, 6 TD's.

My predictions:

TJ: 110 yards, 1 TD.

SJ: 130 yards, 1 TD's.

However, there is a distinct possibility that the Chicago rushing TD goes to Benson. Also, based on the numbers, SJax won't score, but I'm going against the numbers here because I think the Rams beat the Bears and SJax has a solid game.

Not sure if that helps. I guess the safer bet is to play the matchup and go with Jones, but I think Benson scores the TD, and I think SJax has a good game.

If I had those choices I would roll with Jackson.He should be the focal point of the Rams offense and his involvement in the passing game makes him more valuable in my eyes.I know the Bears defense is incredible but they can be had in the running game.Harris is out and some others on that defense are questionable.IMO you have the best two players on the Rams going tonight.Wilkins should see plenty of chances at field goals.

Im down by 31 pts. Have S.jax and Wilkins also

0.50 ppr

0.10 per rush

1 pt every 10 yards RUSH OR REC

6 pts TD REC OR RUSH..

I realllly need Jax to put up at least 28-30 points.. Even if he puts up 25 and wilkins kicks 2 FG's i win.. Oh please S.Jax dont be a bust tonight

I feel pretty comfortable thinking that Wilkins has at least a decent shot of getting 1 PAT and 1 short FG ... four points ...

Leaving 17.83pts for a RB to grab. In my scoring, that equates to something like:

25 touches (combined rushing attempts and receptions) and 129 total yards, with no TDs

...or...

20 touches, 79 total yards and 1 TD

...or...something along those lines...

Obviously, if Wilkins punches in 2-3 FGs without a miss, I'm looking lots better ... but ... I guess the question I'm asking is, "Which RB is least likely to throw up a stinker of a game?"

Right now, my answer is SJax, simply because of (1) his involvement in the passing game, (2) the absense of Tommie Harris and (3) the uncertaintly about Benson's involvement.

I am, however, open to changing this out if someone can convince me otherwise.

I'd go with Jackson Muck. The Bears are giving up around 100 yds rushing per game. Jackson's involvement in the passing game should get you good pts. I will admit it's tempting to start Jones against the Ram's porous run D, but who knows how many touches Benson gets. If you knew for sure Jones would get around 25 touches I could see starting him. I think the Rams will lean heavily on Jackson tonight. Even more so in the passing game as Bulger will have to dump it off to him to avoid the pressure I'm sure the Bears will be putting on him. Good luck!

Right now, my answer is SJax, simply because of (1) his involvement in the passing game, (2) the absense of Tommie Harris and (3) the uncertaintly about Benson's involvement.

I am, however, open to changing this out if someone can convince me otherwise.

this was my exact rationale when i reading your question above.... sjax for those reasons.

good luck :D

My wife did not start Fred Taylor this weekend because of MoJo getting the rock. That worked well for her... NOT!

The Bears are going to hand the ball off a lot today to give Grossman some time to get back to being a decent QB.

Look for a run about 66% of the time.

Looking at that scenario, who would you take?

If the Bears run 50 plays tonight, I would imagine 34 of those are going to be running plays.

Then look at Jones getting 66% of those carries and he will carry the ball about 23 times.

Rushing 20+ times against the Rams is going to give you some pretty healhy stats.

In the New England game, Jones got the ball 23 times and Benson got it 10

Expect the same tonight.

S. Jack averages about 25 carries and 6 receptions.

So the question is, who do you like better? 31 s. Jack touches agains the number 1 D in football or 25 T. Jones touches against one of the worst D's in football?

Edited by manc68

So the question is, who do you like better? 31 s. Jack touches agains the number 1 D in football or 25 T. Jones touches against one of the worst D's in football?

...and, this is the other side of the equasion...and the crux of my initial question...

25 touches (combined rushing attempts and receptions) and 129 total yards, with no TDs

I think T Jones has a better chance of getting you 129 yards with 25 touches

Also SJax has fumbled 3 times this year. TJones has funbled once.

Sjax against the Bears d could product yards, but also fumbles.

I think T Jones has a better chance of getting you 129 yards with 25 touches

...but, will he get 25 touches? I think that SJax has a 95% chance of getting 25 touches and a 25% chance of getting 30 or more (imo) ... TJones has a 95% chance of getting 15, a 75% chance of getting 20 and only a 10% chance of getting 30 or more...

Also SJax has fumbled 3 times this year. TJones has funbled once.

Sjax against the Bears d could product yards, but also fumbles.

No negative points in my league for fumbles ... and STL won't bench him for putting the ball on the carpet ...

...and with that PAT, I'm leading by 0.475 points...

And, unless SJax or Wilkins tosses an INT in the last four minutes or so...or Wilkins misses a FG of less than 49 yards...I'm going to win.

:D

Congrats on the win.

I also needed alot out of steven tonight and got it. What a nail bitter though with steven out for a while and the bumbs on espn couldn't even update us on his condition during the game. Alas i needed 19 points out of him to break a 3 way tie for tops in the devision and he gave me 25. Without it I would have lost the 3 way tie breaker and not made the playoffs.