[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Haslett

hooknladder

You guys know this is like my favorite topic. You guys have been defending Haslett for years. -I wonder how you feel about him now. You guys probably won't admit it but he had your team screwed up for years. You can put some of it on personnel (Bush,Colston), but the Saints always had alot of talant. Hasletts play calling sucked, he had no balls. You guys HAVE to be much happier with payton.

o.k. boys...let me have it! :D

Edited by hooknladder

You guys know this is like my favorite topic. You guys have been defending Haslett for years. -I wonder how you feel about him now. You guys probably won't admit it but he had your team screwed up for years. You can put some of it on personnel (Bush,Colston), but the Saints always had alot of talant. Hasletts play calling sucked, he had no balls. You guys HAVE to be much happier with peyton.

They have Peyton too? :D

You guys know this is like my favorite topic. You guys have been defending Haslett for years. -I wonder how you feel about him now. You guys probably won't admit it but he had your team screwed up for years. You can put some of it on personnel (Bush,Colston), but the Saints always had alot of talant. Hasletts play calling sucked, he had no balls. You guys HAVE to be much happier with peyton.

Lost respect for Haslett way back in a MNF game when he defended one of his player for ripping off a players helmet and throwing it giving the Saints a 15 yd penalty knocking them out of goal line situation costing the Saints a chance for the playoffs that season. He was a player's kind of coach. Saw Payton rip into a Saints player earlier this year for making a dumb unsportsmanship penalty that could have cost his team a win. To me that's the difference. Give me a franchise coach any day over a player coach.

FYI: Was waiting to see what Payton was going to do after that stupid taunting penalty our CB got last night when jawing with TO, but the camera never showed the sideline once the defense came out.

It took me until the Brooks injury/Delhomme debacle, but I came around quickly after that. The only thing I wish for Haslett now is that he eventually makes it on as the Falcons head coach. I will say though this one season with Payton has already made up for the years we lost with Has.

Edited by rajncajn

and Aaron Brooks. what was that about talent again?

Yeah, Brooks sets or comes close to setting a NFL record for the most consecutive starts for a QB despite his performance. That by itself is all anyone needs to know about Haslett. In defense of Haslett he wasn't all bad for the Saints, but as a player coach it's only a matter of time when you will be fired if you can't separate yourself from the players. That's more of the job of an assistant coach.

It took me until the Brooks injury/Delhomme debacle, but I came around quickly after that. The only thing I wish for Haslett now is that he eventually makes it on as the Falcons head coach. I will say though this one season with Payton has already made up for the years we lost with Has.

As a Saints fan I'm always looking over my shoulder and waiting for the fall. I'm already worried that it will come crashing down next year like it did after Haslett's COY performance in his first season with the Saints.

who defended Haslett? been calling for his firing after year 2 of his regime. as for as Payton he is COY beyond a doubt. he took a terrible 3-13 team with no dicipline or direction, had a good draft, signed Brees, and completly remade the football team with 34 new players and have them at 9-4. For the first time since Hank Stram they hired an offensive minded coach. and as far as haslett you can see what wonders he has done in st louie.

Yeah, Brooks sets or comes close to setting a NFL record for the most consecutive starts for a QB despite his performance.

What??? Where do you get this stuff? :D Brooks was never even close to setting a record for most consecutive QB starts. Perhaps you've heard of Brett Favre?

Edited by Skrappy1

What??? Where do you get this stuff? :D Brooks was never even close to setting a record for most consecutive QB starts. Perhaps you've heard of Brett Favre?

I think there was a lot of emphasis on "despite his performance." I don't think he was trying to say he was anywhere near that record.