[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

iPod Listening Dock

Dutch Oven

My wife wants one of the docking stations to listen to the iPod in the house. Bascially, you can use the thing as a stereo I think. Just wondering if anyone has one of these or can give me any suggestions for good ones. The wife, of course, has her eye on Bose, but I thought I'd see if anyone has any info.

Thanks

My wife wants one of the docking stations to listen to the iPod in the house. Bascially, you can use the thing as a stereo I think. Just wondering if anyone has one of these or can give me any suggestions for good ones. The wife, of course, has her eye on Bose, but I thought I'd see if anyone has any info.

Thanks

The Bose is nice. True 'audio snobs' will tell you that Bose makes crap stuff, but as far as iPod docs with little speakers and all that, theirs is among the nicest. If there is an Apple store near you, they will have every model they sell set up so you can listen.

FWIW, if she want's the Bose.........you know the rest.

I have the Bose and have been very pleased with it. It's small, fairly easy to transport, and the sound quality is very good considering its size. There are a fw knocks against it (ipod is a bit wobbly in the housing, and you must support the bottom when lifting it) but overall, I would say the positives far outweigh the negatives. You alway have a jukebox with you.

I bought me a dock for my MP3 player. It's okay.... but... found out that all I have to do is plug the darn thing into my stereo. So didn't even need the layout for a dock. The good part is that the dust bunnies now have their own personal dock.

If you don't have a stereo to plug it into... then I suggest going to Best Buy... they have close to a zillion things for the ipod and plenty of different docks to look at.

Personally, would get her what she asks for. LOL

The stereo is the best way to go. However, if she would like it to be portable to listen to outside or on the go then you need to look at something else. I have one that is takes batteries as well as wired. Logitech makes it. Take a look at this one.

Its no substitute for the stereo, but its portable. I like it.