[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

screwed up league !

bent1969

the top 4 teams make the playoff's. i'll be tied for 4th if i win tonight.

the first tie breaker isn't head to head. i'm 2-0 vs. the team i'm tied with. the first tie breaker is total points.

which the team i'll be tied with has 125 more points than me.

do you think this is right.

all comments are welcomed.

Edited by bent1969

the first tie breaker isn't head to head. i'm 2-0 vs. the team i'm tied with. the first tie breaker is total points.

The tie breake should have gone to you since your team beat the other team 2 to 0. Protest now!

Edited by Rob

If its your team rules, its right. :D

Head to Head should always be the first tie breaker, you play fantasy football head to head against an opponent every week. Everyone does not call in a line up and then get awarded victories for the most points scored. You DO NOT make the playoff's alone by scoring a bunch of points always.

In my league we had the #2 scoring team not make the playoff's based on their record not because they did not score points.

A Win is a Win in fantasy football....it is was total points in the NFL the Colts and Rams would all have lots of superbowls....

HEAD to HEAD competition is always the first tie breaker....

If this is for the division then I don't mind head to head in ours it uses the division record then total points but I could see head to head. It looks like its for the wild card so I think it should be total points. This is fantasy you should get reward for having a powerful team not having the wrong matchups every week.

I won a division in a 3 way tie to to having a better division record than the guy with the most points in the league and then i was tied with the other guy and lost to him twice but outscored him by 6 to get the divsion and then the guy with the most points in the league was rewarded for scoring the most to get the wildcard.

Head to Head should always be the first tie breaker, you play fantasy football head to head against an opponent every week. Everyone does not call in a line up and then get awarded victories for the most points scored. You DO NOT make the playoff's alone by scoring a bunch of points always.

In my league we had the #2 scoring team not make the playoff's based on their record not because they did not score points.

A Win is a Win in fantasy football....it is was total points in the NFL the Colts and Rams would all have lots of superbowls....

HEAD to HEAD competition is always the first tie breaker....

No No No This is fantasy football. It is very different than real live nfl. You should get awarded at least with a wildcard for scoring the most points. You should not get reward just because you lucked out with an easy schedule. Obviously it has to go by record 1st but in a tie give it to the person who performed throughout the season and put a strong team together.

Each league is diff. and should be based on the make up of the league and is evidenced by the diff. in opinions on this thread.

The base answer is that if the rule was established at the beginning of the year, tough luck. That's the way it bounces. If the rule at the beginning was that it was head-to-head, then the other guy would be whinning. Don't complain when the rules don't favor you.

If there are no rules in place, then IMO, it should be winning percentage, head-to-head record, divisional record, and then total points.

We've had our total points champ not make the playoffs several years (including this one). We give them some relief as we give them 60% of the "transaction fund" accumulated during the year.

This year, he struggled early and lost a lot of games early and didn't score, but came on late (had LJ and Brees as 2 studs) and scored a lot to take over the pts lead from me!!!

That's what makes this game so great and frustrating!

Hopefully people remember these debates next year. Then make you case for what the rules should be then either join that league or create a league that has the rules you like. But don't whine then if the rules don't work out for you when you miss the playoffs next year cause of it.

Personally I like the rules of the leagues I am in except for defensive points at some point defense should just get zero points and not gain points for garbage turnovers after they give up tons of yards and tons of points I'll have to get that rule changed.

Edited by alwaysrocking

Head to Head is how you determine peoples record. Wins and losses, etc. The tiebreak should be total points.

NO!!!! WINS AND LOSSES ARE how you determine peoples records, Then HEAD TO HEAD, then either points or division record are the tie breakers.

Your League determines the tie breakers, in our leauge its,,,

RECORD is KING

- - HEAD TO HEAD 1st tie breaker

- - TOTAL POINTS SCORED 2nd

- - DIVISONAL RECORD 3rd

- - LAST N LEAST BENCH POINTS OVER THE YEAR. final tie breaker

We have never had to go further than this in nine years, but if we do its between the individuals and the Commish to determine the next,, hope not a coin flip. Probably some kind of football game score.

In the playoffs we use the bench score as a tie breaker. ONE time we had a tie and the bench tied too. The teams that were tied had no players going on Monday night so we did an over under pick. We thought the over under deal was a step up from a coin flip.

I think this is fair. AND for those of you who think that it should be just points and not Head to Head. Then why have any games at ALL ?? At the end of the year just use total points to see who goes to the SB... IMHO not using Head to Head as the first tie breaker is ridiculous Its supposed to be like FOOTBALL,,, come on,, its about kicking your opponents A$$ every week just like in the NFL!!! When you beat someone in you division twice in a season you own his/her A$$ and if you end up with a tied record they're behind you,,, send em to da locker for a clean out ........

Play the damn game....

Head to head should even be a factor in fantasy football...you aren't actually playing each other, you are just comparing points gained for that particualr week...If you have gained the same record at the end of the year but you have more points, you are the better team...

Totally 100% agree. Points Scored is the most important stat in FF. Records are not the best indicator of performance. Luck plays a huge role in record, but not as much in points scored. You could be the 2nd highest scoring team each week and go 0-13. Does that mean you have the worst team? I'd argue you probably had the best team and had really bad luck in who you faced each week.

the fact is

head to head rewards a team based on 1 game

total points rewards the team for 13 or 14 games

please dont give me that this is the way the nfl does it.

Your team isnt really playing their team or vis versa, its playing different players agaist different teams. Whom ever scores the most gets a win. Its not like your beat them cause you have more talent or you match up better. Not to mention the bye week games

I love total points

No I don't think it's right. I think head to head matchups should be

the first tie-breaker.

That being said, this must have been understood at the beginning of the

season when the rules came out. No sense in protesting now

if that's the way it's been all season.

Best thing you could do is get it changed for next year.

Everyone in my league has always been in favor of higher points.All tiebreakers go to points and I always remind the teams at the draft so there are no questions.We are head to head but we like to reward teams for scoring lots of points.

When you beat someone in you division twice in a season you own his/her A$$ and if you end up with a tied record they're behind you,,, send em to da locker for a clean out ........

Play the damn game....

The guy who won my division beat me twice this year in the regular season. I played against him last weekend in the first round of the playoffs and won by 3 Monday night because of Jackson and Bulger.

Does he still own MY ass?