[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Multiple WDISs

Gros Membres!

I've been a member of this board for 3 years now and for the 3rd year I'm in the playoffs. I've won the Championship for the past two years. This board has been integral to my success and your feedback and advice is once again needed. Multiple WDISs here. Let's get down to business-

***RB - pick one to start with Westbrook

C. Taylor vs. NYJ - coming off a painful rib injury but is expected to play against a porous NYJ run D (McGahee ran all over them for 125 and a TD this week with a similar rib issue).

Gore @ SEA - on the road and a short week, coming off a solid game (130, TD, and 3 Rec. for 38 yds.), and SEA can be run on (Edge had 115 and a TD this week vs. SEA). Tough divisional matchup for SF.

I'm leaning Gore here as he's brought me this far but on the road at Seattle is a tough venue and with a short week as well. Taylor is risky but could pay off with a friendlier matchup/conditions at home.

***QB - Pick one. Passing TDs are 4 pts. 1 pt. per 20 passing yds, and -1 for INTs

Rivers vs. KC - has been solid and scoring btwn 10-15 pts. weekly, LT2 has been stealing some TDs (especially at home), now that he has the record does LT let off the gas a bit this week? Last time Rivers faced KC he threw for 266/2 TDs/1 Int (Rothlisburger just threw for 225/1 Rush TD/1 Pass TD vs. KC).

Garcia @ NYG - offense runs through him, has some incredible weapons, Giants D banged up (Weinke threw for 423, 1 TD, and 3 Ints last week), and tough divisional matchup.

Grossman vs. TB - great matchup but too risky, imho. But brass ball$ are sometimes the only way to win championships.

I'm leaning Rivers here but Garcia is intriguing after Weinke's weekend.

***WR - Pick one to start with SSmith and CJ. It's a PPR.

Roy Williams @ GB - last game vs. GB Roy has 4 rec for 53 yards and a TD, when KJ hasn't played the offense has sputtered, last two weeks Roy has had 3/50 and 6/73. Okay but not going to get me past this next round.

Santana Moss @ NO - had a mediocre game this past week (2 rec. for 34 yds), a similar speedster (Glenn) had a great game vs. NO this week - 8 rec. for 150 yards, and has the potential to have another good game vs. an NFC South opponent (torched ATL for 7 Rec., 123 yards, and 1 TD).

Thinking of going Moss as losing KJ is a serious blow to the DET O. Moss could light NO up this week (and he could also put up 5 points).

***TE - Pick one. It's a PPR

Scheffler @ ARI - Cutler's buddy, best receiver on Denver this week, not much else known other than that. Inexperienced and could completely disappear.

Winslow @ BAL - has fallen off the 100 catch pace, mediocre the last two weeks (1 rec. for 26 yards, and 4 rec. for 19 yards), last game vs. BAL had 7 rec. for 92 yards, don't get the games here in NY but all the talk indicated the knee is bothering him.

Winslow seems to be losing steam and Scheffler is a favorite target for Cutler. The matchup favors the DEN running game but could Scheffler be better than an ailing Winslow?

Thanks for reading this. Answer one. Answer them all. I'll get you back.

Edited by Gros Membres!

OK, taking them one at at time...

RB -- I would definitely take Gore over Chester. Chester has a better matchup (against the Jets), but I just don't feel 100% confident that he'll be healthy and get all the carries. And Gore has been an absolute monster this year, and is even getting goalline carries!! You mentioned the short week -- don't forget Seattle has the same short week, and while I have no numbers to back it up I would think that a short week and less preparation hurts the defense more than the offense. I think playing on Thursday is a plus for Gore.

As a matter of fact, IF I was 100% sure of Chester's health, I might consider starting him ahead of Westbrook. But Gore for sure.

QB -- Rivers has by far the toughest matchup. He obviously benefits from the fact that the Chiefs will focus on LT, and I THINK that when these 2 teams play Gates and Gonzalez both get up and tend to have good games. BUT Garcia (and Grossman) have great matchups. I'm still be afraid whether Grossman-Jekyll or Grossman-Hyde would appear, so I think I would tend to use Garcia -- he's actually a similar type of QB to Rivers, but he gets an easier opponent and has, as you say, good weapons.

WR-- both have great matchups and are somewhat explosive. I'm not sure if KJ being out hurts or helps Roy, to be honest -- without KJ for dumpoffs, maybe Roy gets a couple of extra catches! I think I'd play Roy -- even though he's had those mediocre games, he's also had lots of good ones. I think Moss has had 1 great game, 1 good game, and a bunch of lousy ones -- he's WAY to inconsistent to start ahead of Roy.

TE -- Winslow. It's not even close -- don't overthink it. I considered sitting Antonio Gates vs. the Broncos because he was supposedly less than 100%, and than decided that he could probably score more on one play than the other available TE's were likely to do in the whole game. Same thing goes for Winslow.

So, in summary ... GORE -- GARCIA -- WILLIAMS -- WINSLOW

And with 4 teams in the playoffs, I'll be posting my own WDIS later in the week....

OK, taking them one at at time...

RB -- I would definitely take Gore over Chester. Chester has a better matchup (against the Jets), but I just don't feel 100% confident that he'll be healthy and get all the carries. And Gore has been an absolute monster this year, and is even getting goalline carries!! You mentioned the short week -- don't forget Seattle has the same short week, and while I have no numbers to back it up I would think that a short week and less preparation hurts the defense more than the offense. I think playing on Thursday is a plus for Gore.

As a matter of fact, IF I was 100% sure of Chester's health, I might consider starting him ahead of Westbrook. But Gore for sure.

QB -- Rivers has by far the toughest matchup. He obviously benefits from the fact that the Chiefs will focus on LT, and I THINK that when these 2 teams play Gates and Gonzalez both get up and tend to have good games. BUT Garcia (and Grossman) have great matchups. I'm still be afraid whether Grossman-Jekyll or Grossman-Hyde would appear, so I think I would tend to use Garcia -- he's actually a similar type of QB to Rivers, but he gets an easier opponent and has, as you say, good weapons.

WR-- both have great matchups and are somewhat explosive. I'm not sure if KJ being out hurts or helps Roy, to be honest -- without KJ for dumpoffs, maybe Roy gets a couple of extra catches! I think I'd play Roy -- even though he's had those mediocre games, he's also had lots of good ones. I think Moss has had 1 great game, 1 good game, and a bunch of lousy ones -- he's WAY to inconsistent to start ahead of Roy.

TE -- Winslow. It's not even close -- don't overthink it. I considered sitting Antonio Gates vs. the Broncos because he was supposedly less than 100%, and than decided that he could probably score more on one play than the other available TE's were likely to do in the whole game. Same thing goes for Winslow.

So, in summary ... GORE -- GARCIA -- WILLIAMS -- WINSLOW

And with 4 teams in the playoffs, I'll be posting my own WDIS later in the week....

Great stuff here. Thanks. If word gets out that Taylor is starting later in the week would you start him over Westbrook? I'll be looking for that WDIS. I owe you one. :D

I'm not sure -- I think Taylor has a bigger upside, and before last week Taylor kept playing well even when he was listed as probable or even questionable. A lot depends on the situation -- if you think you have a good matchup in your playoffs, I might stay conservative and go with Westbrook -- I think Taylor's a better bet for a 20-point game, but he's also a better bet for a 2-pointer.

And I haven't gotten that far, but would also look at matchups more closely -- Taylor doesn't have much history vs. the Jets, but their run defense is ugly. I WOULD try and see how Westbrook has done historically vs. the Giants.

I'll post my WDIS probably starting tonight.... if I remember I'll post a link to it here...