[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Spending more time in the advice forum

Tally

One of the many things I’ve learned around here over the years is that most of the talent in this community spends much of it’s time in this forum. There are many people in this forum who really know their stuff and whose opinions I value. However, when you go over the advice forum the talent drops off dramatically. It’s to the point that I never post a WDIS or SIMTT thread in the advise forum anymore. However, it’s playoff time now and I am curious and would like some opinions on a few of my decisions. So in holiday sprit of giving not just to myself but others also I think it would be nice if some of you guys made an effort to try and spend a little more time over in that forum during the next 2 weeks for the fantasy playoffs answering questions and giving your insight and opinion’s. Especially on my posts! Thanks!

Edited by Tally

do you really want these idiots telling you who to start?? look at the projections and then make the picks yourself. you'll feel better about it regardless of outcome.

who should i start opposite LT this week. mcgahee, dillon, or tater tot?

Tater tot is due.

FWIW, I thought Tally's request was a reasonable reminder, esp. now that it's playoff time.

Tater tot is due.

FWIW, I thought Tally's request was a reasonable reminder, esp. now that it's playoff time.

Worked on me. But then again, I'm simple minded and prone to delusions.

Hope my advice works out for you, Tally!

Edited by yo mama

do you really want these idiots telling you who to start?? look at the projections

So in other words...DMD's opinion is like the bible to you but nobody else's opinion around here has any value. :D

Listen, I'm a big boy and will ultimately make my own decisions but its crunch time right now and I'm also humble/wise enough to realize that other people may possibly be able to offer me some insight that I haven’t thought of.

So in other words...DMD's opinion is like the bible to you but nobody else's opinion around here has any value. :D

Listen, I'm a big boy and will ultimately make my own decisions but its crunch time right now and I'm also humble/wise enough to realize that other people may possibly be able to offer me some insight that I haven’t thought of.

I do the same as you. When I ask for advice I'm usually looking to verify my choice as well as making sure I'm not missing something obvious. Problem with my teams now is that due to injuries my choices are pretty much limited, so no need to ask WDIS. Good luck in the playoffs.

<bugs bunny voice> he don't know me very well, do he?

i actually go over there twice or so a yr(advice forum) and give some responses and ask a few questions. then, i get more confused. which causes indecision. which causes mistakes. which makes me lose games. which gets me angered because i listened to someone else. so....to each his own i guess.

i went over to the advice board and started a thread. i was answering anybody's wdis questions. i answered about 5 questions and now its buried halfway down on the board. maybe no one wants my advice or is that just a sign of the state of affairs over there. either way, i guess i'm happy i don't have to dole out any more advice.

Tally, I, for one will check your posts there and give my two cents worth. I agree with some of the sentiments here, but your point is dead on. It is crunch time, and every bit of reasoning is worth looking at. You can tell if something is worth noting or not.

I have gotten some decent advice there from time to time, local guys and flavors can help. There are a lot of key injuries this week, and I have three teams in the playoffs. One bit of good advice can make a big difference, no matter where it's posted.

What's better is if you come over to this board & start some discussion about a player and how that player may match up with the defense they are facing this week. It not only helps to answer your question of WDIS, but it raises some intelligent & insightful discussion about the players in general. That's what this board is supposed to be about. If all you really want to know is WDIS then, I'm sorry, but it's going to have to come from the FA board. Most of us who have been here for a while already make our own decisions & only come here for the camaraderie and football discussion so we spend little time in the Advice forum.

i went over to the advice board and started a thread. i was answering anybody's wdis questions. i answered about 5 questions and now its buried halfway down on the board. maybe no one wants my advice or is that just a sign of the state of affairs over there. either way, i guess i'm happy i don't have to dole out any more advice.

:D

What's better is if you come over to this board & start some discussion about a player and how that player may match up with the defense they are facing this week. It not only helps to answer your question of WDIS, but it raises some intelligent & insightful discussion about the players in general. That's what this board is supposed to be about. If all you really want to know is WDIS then, I'm sorry, but it's going to have to come from the FA board. Most of us who have been here for a while already make our own decisions & only come here for the camaraderie and football discussion so we spend little time in the Advice forum.

Well said. :D

I use to go over there but I found myself answering the same question every 6th post or so or pointing out that many of the questions they're asking already contain the answer. I guess some people just need some reaffirmation for answers they already know. :D

I've always stated that if anybody has any Saints questions feel free to ask & I'll do my best to answer them. That goes the same for any other fantasy questions as well, but as you would guess I know my team a lot better than any other. :D

I've always stated that if anybody has any Saints questions feel free to ask & I'll do my best to answer them. That goes the same for any other fantasy questions as well, but as you would guess I know my team a lot better than any other. :D

Do you think Bush will put up similar numbers to last week? I'm deciding between Bush, MJD and Tater for my #2 RB this week. They all have good upside/matups so it's a tough decision. At the moment I have them ranked...

#1-Bush (god help me if he slips back to pre week 13 form)

#2-MJD (sounds like Taylor will be playing)

#3- T. Bell

Do you think Bush will put up similar numbers to last week? I'm deciding between Bush, MJD and Tater for my #2 RB this week. They all have good upside/matups so it's a tough decision. At the moment I have them ranked...

#1-Bush (god help me if he slips back to pre week 13 form)

#2-MJD (sounds like Taylor will be playing)

#3- T. Bell

He may score & will probably be active in the gameplan, but I'd expect Colston & Deuce to be the major contributors this week as I think it'll be more of a ball-control game.

<bugs bunny voice> he don't know me very well, do he?

i actually go over there twice or so a yr(advice forum) and give some responses and ask a few questions. then, i get more confused. which causes indecision. which causes mistakes. which makes me lose games. which gets me angered because i listened to someone else. so....to each his own i guess.

you get that too?...thought I was the only one :D