[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

With KJ down

desertdawgs

I have to admit here that I am a little frustrated with the replies lately here in the message boards. Obviously, from looking at the roster of desertdawgs, he probably could use a running back due to injuries to Portis, Brown, and Taylor. I for one, also have injuries to R. Brown, K. Jones, and Travis Henry. I've already supplemented Brown with Morris, and now all I have left is Williams or Maroney who is also hurting. I play in the semi-finals this week in our league and would be happy to make a move for another running back to start along with Morris.

People come to these boards hoping for some insight from time to time. Not have their thread hijacked for the amusement of the regulars. Thanks Ursa, Brent and Twiley. After a few years of reading your posts, I certainly expect better of you guys.

Rant over... I'm going to pick up Harris and hope for the best here. Hope for the best since they are playing Green Bay this week.

Check here for further discussion... :D

Everyone may get more help in the Advice forum. Others may be scanning topics for similar questions that they may have or you may see one similar to yours.

I don't see Cason or Harris as helping anyone advance in the playoffs even though it feels like you're options are limited. The Lions did pop off for negative total rushing yardage last week and that was with Jones most of the way. Good luck with the backups on that one.

I have to admit here that I am a little frustrated with the replies lately here in the message boards. Obviously, from looking at the roster of desertdawgs, he probably could use a running back due to injuries to Portis, Brown, and Taylor. I for one, also have injuries to R. Brown, K. Jones, and Travis Henry. I've already supplemented Brown with Morris, and now all I have left is Williams or Maroney who is also hurting. I play in the semi-finals this week in our league and would be happy to make a move for another running back to start along with Morris.

People come to these boards hoping for some insight from time to time. Not have their thread hijacked for the amusement of the regulars. Thanks Ursa, Brent and Twiley. After a few years of reading your posts, I certainly expect better of you guys.

Rant over... I'm going to pick up Harris and hope for the best here. Hope for the best since they are playing Green Bay this week.

OK, fair enough, but if Chester can't go this week, Pinner is sure to be the #1 pickup. As Furd says, either of the two DET backs probably is worthless.

Also, what has Portis got to do with desertdawgs roster? :D

This ain't rocket science fellas. You would have to think that the RB that filled in for KJ when he was injured earlier, will be the one to get the call now. Head over to NFL.com and check those game logs. Now it isn't 100% certain it'll be the same guy, but short of actually being in the Lions organization, it's the best any of us have to go on. :D

This ain't rocket science fellas. You would have to think that the RB that filled in for KJ when he was injured earlier, will be the one to get the call now. Head over to NFL.com and check those game logs. Now it isn't 100% certain it'll be the same guy, but short of actually being in the Lions organization, it's the best any of us have to go on. :D

Actually I'd replace Millen with several Huddlers if not all of them. :D

The example of Fason taking over for Taylor in week 13 was followed by Pinner getting virtually all the carries a week later with Fason getting scraps.

This FF thing is a crapshoot.

You mean just like when Fason filled in for C. Taylor? :D

Fair enough, but it is really up in the air. I don't have any faith that it will be Harris over Cason though which is why I didn't add anything valuable.

You gotta admit the Pinner response was a funny response.

Edited by Brentastic

Would you rather hear me state that the whole RB situation in Detriot is going to be a clusterOprah? Jeez, it was a joke. :D

Neither Harris or Cason are worth a pickup. You're wasting your time and a possible waiver move. Besides Green Bay, Detriot faces 2 teams with decent defenses in week 15 and 16.

Harris is familiar with Martz' system. I think he is worth owning, particularly if you are dropping Jones.

Who knows with Pinner. Will he get the carries again next week? Childress didn't sound like he was endorsing him as the starter. Minnie could be more of a cluster than Detroit. Just last week everyone was tripping over themselves to land Fason.

so would you rather own pinner or harris?

Pinner: May not even get on the field if Taylor plays.

Harris / Cason: Nobody has a clue which of them starts.

How long can you wait until you have to decide? Things might get clearer tomorrow or Thursday morning.

I actually agree with you guys that really none of them will actually be worth anything. But with really no choice since I have to start another RB, my choices will be Sammy Morris and either Arlen Harris or DeAngelo Williams and possibly even Laurence Maroney if he's healthy enough. Waivers in my league run tonight at midnight and so to have a shot at him, I'll have to make the decision tonight. Others may be able to use the wait and see approach if your waivers are later this week or first come/first served.

Sorry for the shortness/rudeness of my post. It's Xmas time and I work at the post office (no postal jokes!!) and hours are a little long this time of year. Peace and thanks for the discussion.