[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dolphins bought a tape that had Bradys signals

peepinmofo

MIA has owned Brady over the past several games anyways. What a joke. Even if they did...so what. It's not cheating.

What's being ignored in this discussion is that the Dolphins defense is pretty good (ranked 5th in points allowed and 3rd in yards allowed) and that NE's passing game has struggled at times this season. So, why is the shutout such a surprise?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, the burden of proof is on the prosecution. YOU tell me how it IS cheating.

From what I heard, they simply watched the telecasts. That's not cheating at all. Even stealing signs in baseball is acceptable (as long as they don't use hidden cameras or signaling devices during the games).

Even if, say, they obtained a tape of NE's practice from somebody inside the Pats organization, the blame goes on the mole for selling out his employer.

Like I said... If this was the case, I could care less. But if someone on the ground sold the fish a bootleg audio tape that is otherwise inaccessible to anyone else, that is cheating.

That is how it was reported yesterday on ESPN, and that is why I said it was cheating. That is also why Sean Salisbury said the NFL should get involved.

Bottom line is if that was the way they obtained it, it would be cheating. But if they were simply watching TV and got it from there, well, tough luck. Anyone can do that.

If this story were reversed, i.e. The Patriots had obtained info regarding how the opposing QB set up his blocking schemes, and then used said information to undress their opponent's offense in a game - Pats fans and media would be shouting from the rooftops how this further cemented Belichick's genius status.

Fact is, Brady has never played well in Miami. He has won a game or two, but lost more and has never had great stats down there.

No no no. Stealing cars cannot be compared to stealing signs. One gets you in jail the other just is considered bad sportsmanship.

Ahem.

Since when is stealing signals considered poor sportsmanship? It is a time honored tradition of trying to gain a competitive advantage when the other team is too stupid to disguise its signals.

If the Pats were too stupid to put in some kind of key in their signals, they deserve what they got. For cripes sakes, I was able to get high school kids to understand how to use a key & how to change it periodically throughout a game to avoid signals being stolen.

Like I said... If this was the case, I could care less. But if someone on the ground sold the fish a bootleg audio tape that is otherwise inaccessible to anyone else, that is cheating.

That is how it was reported yesterday on ESPN, and that is why I said it was cheating. That is also why Sean Salisbury said the NFL should get involved.

Bottom line is if that was the way they obtained it, it would be cheating. But if they were simply watching TV and got it from there, well, tough luck. Anyone can do that.

The NFL has already said that it's not an issue and Sean Salisbury is an obnoxious blowhard who is more concerned with getting ESPN ratings than objective commentary.

If a Dolphins employee broke into Belichick's office Watergate-style and stole proprietary material, I'd agree with you. But if somebody in the Pats organization sold the Dolphins a bootlegged tape, you can't hold Saban accountable. It's NE's responsibility to secure proprietary material and hold their employees accountable.

The NFL has already said that it's not an issue and Sean Salisbury is an obnoxious blowhard who is more concerned with getting ESPN ratings than objective commentary.

If a Dolphins employee broke into Belichick's office Watergate-style and stole proprietary material, I'd agree with you. But if somebody in the Pats organization sold the Dolphins a bootlegged tape, you can't hold Saban accountable. It's NE's responsibility to secure proprietary material and hold their employees accountable.

The way ESPN reported it was it was made by someone on the ground... not in the Pats orginization. Again, thats how it sounded when I heard it on ESPN YESTERDAY, and now that its been said that it was from TV, this is really a moot point now.

As a Pats fan, it really doesn't bother me. Bootleg or not, you'll hear the same thing on a network telecast as you would on a bootleg version. Smart coaching by Saban.

And for the record, they lost because they executed poorly. If you ask Brady he'd say the tapes had nothing to do with it.

Dolphin message boards are buzzing that the Dolphins have just recently obtained audio tapes of Losmans last couple of games in preparation of their matchup with the Bills this weekend. Here are some of the quotes on that tape from Losman . . .

"Somebody please help me up"

"Good God I can't feel my legs"

"Jesus Christ would some please block that ^%*&%&$"

Dolphin message boards are buzzing that the Dolphins have just recently obtained audio tapes of Losmans last couple of games in preparation of their matchup with the Bills this weekend. Here are some of the quotes on that tape from Losman . . .

"Somebody please help me up"

"Good God I can't feel my legs"

"Jesus Christ would some please block that ^%*&%&$"

hahahaha

I bet that doesnt happen this week, but thats pretty funny.