[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Importance of Bowl Games

Rockerbraves

Oh yeah, one more thing, that Buckeye team, as much as I despise the entire program, is going to embarass Florida so badly it will not even be enjoyable to watch unless your a part of Luckeye Nation.

To be truthful, I'll likely be rooting for Ohio State since I am a one generation removed buckeye guy myself as both my parents are OS graduates and I'll have a few of my cousins attending the game in Glendale rooting for those same Luckeyes. On the whole I would venture to say LSU fans probably don't quite despise the Gators as much as Wolverines despise Ohio State, but let's just say it wouldn't hurt all that bad to see the Gators humbled. Yeah a Gator win might be good for the SEC, but then I quickly remind myself do I really want to listen to all my Gator buddies bragging when they come calling on my Tigers next season. :D

That all means nothing especially if they go 2-7. Mind you, as often happens, the lower tier SEC teams end up playing teams that are ranked higher in their conference. This year that seems to be the case with Georgia playing Va Tech (who's likely the best team in the ACC) and Kentucky playing Clemson (who's a team that was ranked as high as 10th and underachieved). That said, enough other SEC teams are playing games they have no business losing so anything short of 5-4 should be a disappointment.

Can only hope Kentucky has gotten better since the 49-0 licking the LSU Tigers put on them. Got to figure Clemson Tigers will roll over the Wildcats. :D

To be truthful, I'll likely be rooting for Ohio State since I am a one generation removed buckeye guy myself as both my parents are OS graduates and I'll have a few of my cousins attending the game in Glendale rooting for those same Luckeyes. On the whole I would venture to say LSU fans probably don't quite despise the Gators as much as Wolverines despise Ohio State, but let's just say it wouldn't hurt all that bad to see the Gators humbled. Yeah a Gator win might be good for the SEC, but then I quickly remind myself do I really want to listen to all my Gator buddies bragging when they come calling on my Tigers next season. :D

My entire extended family is full of OSU fans. Youngstown State graduates, you name it. There is nothing worse than a bragging group of Buckeyes.

As I've dealt with for 5 of the last 6 years. :D

Da-da-dada-da GO GATORS!!!!! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Tiger Bait, Tiger Bait!!!!! :D Best of luck in Glendale represent the SEC well.

Based off of LSU 41-14 whooping on Notre Dame my Tigers will start off next season a consensus top 5 preseason team, however IF and I doubt it will happen, But IF JaMarcus Russel elects to return for his senior year LSU will be either #1 or #2.

Geaux Tigers! :D

Edited by Rockerbraves

Based off of LSU 41-14 whooping on Notre Dame my Tigers will start off next season a consensus top 5 preseason team, however IF and I doubt it will happen, But IF JaMarcus Russel elects to return for his senior year LSU will be either #1 or #2.

Geaux Tigers! :D

I haven't gotten to see him very much live, but he's a monster. The dude can throw it 85 yards standing, 60 yards from his knees and 40 yards from his rearend. And he's built like an inside LB, running over a few in his time. May be the next VY in the NFL. Amazing...

I haven't gotten to see him very much live, but he's a monster. The dude can throw it 85 yards standing, 60 yards from his knees and 40 yards from his rearend. And he's built like an inside LB, running over a few in his time. May be the next VY in the NFL. Amazing...

Hope he pulls a Peyton Manning and decides to stay. It obviously has paid dividends for him, but not many of us have millionaire dads either. However I did like his reasoning. Manning at the time said he was more concern with his 2nd NFL contract vs. his first. He felt playing another year in college would better prepare him for success in the NFL, while Leaf came out early that year. After saying all that I don't think he can afford to pass up the NFL if he's a sure fired first rounder.

Edited by Rockerbraves

My entire extended family is full of OSU fans. Youngstown State graduates, you name it. There is nothing worse than a bragging group of Buckeyes.

As I've dealt with for 5 of the last 6 years. :D

We dealt with you wolves fans for the Cooper years.

Please enjoy the steaming bowl of payback. :D

No doubt, Russell should have a career day vs the Irish. This is a very big game for Charlie Weis IMO. He needs this win to make a strong statement. Right now all he is, is a fat blob who has a lot of hype. That's it. He has done nothing in 2 years to strike any fear in anyone. The Sugar Bowl and Rose Bowl this year have 3 teams that have a lot to prove. LSU needs to prove that their sh|t don't stink. All we hear is how LSU is the best team in the country not to be in the national championship game (besides Michigan), we hear that they are the greatest 2 loss team ever. Prove it. You get a chance to do it in front of the homefolk. It goes without saying how much Michigan has to prove. If they don't win, then their fans and sympathizers have no room to whine about anything. The team with everything to gain, and nothing to lose is USC. The SEC gets to prove that they are the greatest conference of all time by winning some bowl games. No less than 5-4 will be acceptable IMO. If you're that great, 5-4 should be a feasable goal. I might accept 4-5 if one of the 4 wins is Florida over Ohio State, but prove it. Prove that the SEC is so wonderfully great. They got some good draws to do it. The top 3 Big East teams all have pretty easy draws, they should win all 3, but if they lose, then the Big East Homers need to just shut up, because I still say the Big East isn't a BCS worthy conference. Prove me wrong.

5-4 is a lock, thank God we meet your threshold.

:D

SEC currently at 5-3 with one to play.

And I have already conceded that they have been impressive this bowl season, although The Big Ten has a very good chance to run the table on them for the first time since the 1998-99 Bowl campaign.

Now that's something to be proud of and in all fairness would certainly elevate the Big Ten Conference. But they have to beat those Gators? :D

Yes they do. No doubt about it. That's why I said it's a VERY good CHANCE. Only way I see the Gators winning is if the very efficient and big game tested Troy Smith starts turning the ball over like crazy, I'm talking worse than the Michigan game. But unlike Michigan, Ohio State's offense has multiple sets, and certainly don't have just 2 running plays to throw at you. They can spread you out wide, or pound you up the middle, finnesse there way down the field, or blow by you completely with Ginn, Gonzo, and the rest of there very deep WR corp. Defensively, Florida should be able to move the ball, but Chris Leak isn't exactly proned to turnovers either. Sorry, I think Florida is a good football team, but I just see mismatch.

Florida should be able to move the ball, but Chris Leak isn't exactly proned to turnovers either. Sorry, I think Florida is a good football team, but I just see mismatch.

As much grief as Leak has taken from his own fans I sincerely hope he has a decent gam. If the Gators lose he will likely be the scapegoat, if they win he'll likely never get the credit. Like you the oddsmakers have this one almost as big of a mismatch as LSU was over Notre Dame. And we both know how that one turned out.

We'll never know if LSU could have "exposed" the Wolverines. I doubt it, but I'm a blind homer. We will, however, get a chance to see that USC is only fast and strong because the rest of the PAC-10 is extremely slow and weak. Michigan is going to roll over the Trojans.

Oh yeah, one more thing, that Buckeye team, as much as I despise the entire program, is going to embarass Florida so badly it will not even be enjoyable to watch unless your a part of Luckeye Nation.

Perfect example of the smack we had to endure from big 10 fans back in mid december. You are getting what you deserve today much like Sarge did after the Sooners got beat by Little Boise. Disproving the smack then throwing some at your defeated opponent is what makes college football better than the NFL.

Edited by Rockerbraves

As much grief as Leak has taken from his own fans I sincerely hope he has a decent gam. If the Gators lose he will likely be the scapegoat, if they win he'll likely never get the credit. Like you the oddsmakers have this one almost as big of a mismatch as LSU was over Notre Dame. And we both know how that one turned out.

perfect example of your brilliance