[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Had a little car accident yesterday

BillyBalata

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, BB that is f'ing crazy. We have a similar problem here in FL with cars crossing the median during rainstorms. When you put all the tourists that drive our roads plus our end-of-the-world thunder boomers, it makes for a dangerous mix and cross-overs have been a serious problem. The past 2 years the state has started to add guardrails along all our major interstates in the medians. Cross over accidents have dropped significantly as a result. I take I-95 to work and my whole route now has guardrails in place. Almost everyday I see where a car has impacted along the rails. These would be crossovers if not for the guardrails. It really has helped. Actually it's amazing to see DOT do something that actually helps motorists.

Hope you feel better bro! Keep hitting that button. :D

So....driving into work yesterday morning. Cruising down the hiway doing 65...when this car coming the opposite direction jumps the median and next thing I know there's this Blazer heading right at me straight on. Next thing I know the First Responders are standing outside my car window talking to me, as I am now pinned up against the steering wheel...along with a deflated airbag. :D

Today as I sit in my hospital room, pushing my morphine button every 10 minutes, I totally appreciate my seatbelts and aforementioned airbag.

Car is totaled...I have 40+ stitches my chin/lower lip. 12 staples in the top of my melon, and 4 more stitches in my forehead. Add to that...a shattered heel bone, I'm not doing too bad! :bash:

I hate icey roads. :D

Holy cow. I hit some of the chemical they spray on roads to prevent ice(it was 50 at the time) and slid like on ice.

Glad you are somewhat OK.

EDIT get a copy of George Carlin's brain dead routine.

In it he says he needs 3 things-morphine, ice cream and television.

Edited by Randall

Wow! I'm glad you're OK. You'll have to post pics of the wreck when you feel up to it.

The hell with pics of the wreck or your stitched up melon, can you post some pics of the hot nurses? If you play your cards right, you could get a daily sponge bath. Just hope they don't send "Bruce" to do you.

All kidding aside, I'm glad to hear you came out of it in such good shape. Best wishes for a full & speedy recovery.

And definitely hook up with a good Personal Injury attorney. Multiply the # of rounds of golf that you will miss while the heel is healing times say, oh, $50,000 or so, and start your demand from there.

Not the heel, dude. :D

Now you're gonna be pushin' everything off to the right. :clap:

With your current limited access, the least I can do is offer to submit this week's lineup for ya. :bash:

Keep pushin that button until your eyes do this. :D

Feel better. :tup:

Edited by Ramhock

thanks for the well wishes guys. At this point I'm waiting to hear on what they plan on doing with the heel bone. Being here at Mayo, doesn't seem like they can make up thier minds. So far...I have went into surgury twice, basically just try and clean up some of teh fragments. Not sounding like they have come up with any plans of "repair" yet. I did try and get out of bed today...but that hurts like a she pooch. They want to see how much if any weight on it. Screw that....at this point they can cut it off before I will ry that. Sounds like ine roup of dicswabts to set some more surgery up for this coming monday.

Anyway,,,,i got my lineups set...so I a good to that route. Take it easy on me Rammy!

Who want's to host some pics of my car? I got some I could send out. :D