[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Iran president: Israel will be wiped out

spain

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/I/IRA...EMPLATE=DEFAULT

Dec 12, 4:37 PM EST

Iran president: Israel will be wiped out

By ALI AKBAR DAREINI

Associated Press Writer

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) -- Iran's hard-line president said Tuesday that Israel will one day be "wiped out" as the Soviet Union was, drawing applause from participants in a conference casting doubt on the Holocaust.

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's comments were likely to further fuel the outcry prompted by the two-day gathering, which has gathered some of Europe's and the United States' best-known Holocaust deniers.

Anger over the conference could further isolate Iran as the West considers sanctions in the standoff over Tehran's nuclear program.

But Ahmadinejad appeared to revel in his meeting Tuesday with conference delegates, shaking hands with American participants and sitting near six anti-Israel Jewish participants, dressed in black ultra-Orthodox coats and hats.

"The Zionist regime will be wiped out soon the same way the Soviet Union was, and humanity will achieve freedom," Ahmadinejad said during Tuesday's meeting in his offices, according to the official IRNA news agency.

He called for elections among "Jews, Christians and Muslims so the population of Palestine can select their government and destiny for themselves in a democratic manner."

Ahmadinejad has used anti-Israeli rhetoric and cast doubt on the Holocaust to rally anti-Western supporters at home and abroad, particularly in Asia and the Middle East. Several times he has referred to the Holocaust as a "myth" used to impose the state of Israel on the Arab world.

"The Holocaust is the device used as the pillar of Zionist imperialism, Zionist aggression, Zionist terror and Zionist murder," David Duke, a former Ku Klux Klan leader and former state representative in Louisiana, told The Associated Press.

Ahmadinejad announced the conference would set up a "fact-finding commission" to determine whether the Holocaust happened or not. The commission will "help end a 60-year-old dispute," he said.

The Tehran conference was touted by participants and organizers as an exercise in academic freedom and a chance to openly consider whether 6 million Jews really died in the Holocaust, away from Western taboos and the restrictions imposed on scholars in Europe, where some countries have made it a crime to deny the Nazi genocide during World War II.

It gathered 67 writers and researchers from 30 countries, most of whom argue that either the Holocaust did not happen or that it was vastly exaggerated. Many have been jailed or fined in France, Germany or Austria, where it is illegal to deny the Holocaust.

Participants milled around a model of the Auschwitz concentration camp brought by one speaker, Australian Frederick Toben, who uses the mock-up in lectures contending that the camp was too small to kill mass numbers of Jews. More than 1 million people are estimated to have been killed there.

Rabbi Moshe David Weiss, one of six members attending from the group Jews United Against Zionism, told delegates, "We don't want to deny the killing of Jews in World War II, but Zionists have given much higher figures for how many people were killed."

"They have used the Holocaust as a device to justify their oppression," he said. His group rejects the creation of Israel on the grounds that it violates Jewish religious law.

British Prime Minister Tony Blair said Tuesday that the conference was "shocking beyond belief" and "a symbol of sectarianism and hatred."

In Washington, the White House condemned Iran for convening a conference it called "an affront to the entire civilized world."

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some weird conference that is....

Anti-Israel Orthodox Jews

The Iranian President

An ex-Grand Wizard of the Imperial Knights of the KKK

A guy who totes a model Auschwitz around with him

A grab bag of European and American nutcases denying the evidence of everyone's eyes.

Sheesh. All that conference needed was H8 to be there and it would have been a perfect storm of all the world's basket cases.

The problem I have with all these nutbag Holocaust deniers is that there is a MOUNTAIN of historical and LIVING evidence that it occurred. If it had happened say in 2000 BC and empirical data was scarce, then that would be one thing. But this only happened 60 years ago and many people who witnessed it, from all sides, have been statements about it. Many of those same people are still alive. Literally thousands of books, movies, doucmentaries, articles, and research papers have been written and prove with no doubt whatsoever that the Holocaust did in fact happen. And yet, here these ostensibly scholarly clowns, some Jews, some Jew haters, parading around claiming that it is a hoax. How returded do you have to be?

And and even worse arguement is that some number less than 6 million were killed. I am unsure how that number was arrived at, but it seems to be the consensus "best guess" of essentially everyone who has studied the subject. Obviously, an exact figure will never be known, but the mass murder was in the millions and 6 million has been about as close as the experts can get. So, these folks come in and say it was some number less, say 3 million. Does that make the Holocaust any less wrong and ghastly? "Oh, well if it was only a couple million people who were tortured and murdered then thats ok", seems to be the crux of their reasoning. Am I the only one we would like to pin these idiots down to a number and then ask them why the exact number matters? Needless to say, millions were slaughtered because of their religion in argueably the most evil and heinous action man has ever done to his fellow man.

I know we all like to make fun of these idiots and dismiss them out of hand because they are crackpots. But a leader of a very dangerous nation believes this crap. And make no mistake, Iran poses a real danger to Israel. They will bide their time and wait. But eventually, they will attempt to complete Hitlers mission of the final solution. And God help us when that day comes.

This is what I can't get my head around. He's having a conference to deny that anyone actually tried to wipe out the Jews and keynotes it by calling for Israels extermination.

People say a lot of stupid things. Few people believe this guy. Founding national policies on morons doesn't make sense.

Duke was a democrat you idiot, same as those people picketing soldiers funerals, life long democrats.

This is not accurate H8. Duke never actually won anything until he switched from Democrat to Republican ...

Facts

Another more damning way of saying this is that David Duke was rejected by Democratic voters in every primary race he ever entered. However, the first time he made an appeal to Republican voters, he won the Republican primary and continued on to office ...

Edited by Beaumont

The problem I have with all these nutbag Holocaust deniers is that there is a MOUNTAIN of historical and LIVING evidence that it occurred.

Exactly. We've all seen it, the mass graves are there for all to see, the witnesses (both victim and Nazi) are there, even the Nazi paperwork is there.

One of the most appaling things I've EVER seen was an Army Engineer using a bulldozer to move a hugh pile of emaciated bodies into a mass grave after the liberation of one of the camps because there was really no other way of doing it. He had a bandana around his mouth and nose to ward off the stink. If that image has stuck with me, just imagine how it must have stuck with him.

This is not accurate H8. Duke never actually won anything until he switched from Democrat to Republican ...

Facts

Another more damning way of saying this is that David Duke was rejected by Democratic voters in every primary race he ever entered. However, the first time he made an appeal to Republican voters, he won the Republican primary and continued on to office ...

To what party does former Imperial Wizard Robert Byrd belong?

One of the most appaling things I've EVER seen was an Army Engineer using a bulldozer to move a hugh pile of emaciated bodies into a mass grave after the liberation of one of the camps because there was really no other way of doing it. He had a bandana around his mouth and nose to ward off the stink. If that image has stuck with me, just imagine how it must have stuck with him.

Ive seen that video, but am not sure which camp that it was taken at. It seems to me it had to have been either Auschwitz or Dachau but I wouldnt swear to it. Even some of the lesser known camps like Bergen-Belsen had mass exterminations unfortunately... :D

Ive seen that video, but am not sure which camp that it was taken at. It seems to me it had to have been either Auschwitz or Dachau but I wouldnt swear to it. Even some of the lesser known camps like Bergen-Belsen had mass exterminations unfortunately... :D

I think it was Belsen and it was a British engineer, IIRC, but the same scenario played out everywhere. In many of the camps, the liberators forced the guards to do the body disposal.

I've actually been to Belsen. There are large grass covered mounds all over the acres of space with little plaques on them. 2,000 here, 5,000 there, 3,000 here, 7,000 there......

There was a tale that birds wouldn't fly over Belsen for decades afterwards. I looked for some while I was there but didn't see any.

So, I know there is kind of a long standing policy/tradition that says you do not openly or overtly try to assassinate any sitting national political leader, which I think President Carter signed into law, right?

But in the cases of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and Kim Jong Il, couldn't we all just turn a blind eye? In fact, maybe we could all participate. C'mon we could all get on board with this one... let's make it fun! We could unite the parties by coming up with a bi-partisan contest to see who can plan the most creative and cost-effective assassination.

it's a shame that we (humans) will be the cause of our own extinction.

yup

Can we bomb Louisiana for voting David Duke to political office?

yup

Duke was a democrat you idiot, same as those people picketing soldiers funerals, life long democrats.

and hes a southern dem.. that is a republican special

The problem I have with all these nutbag Holocaust deniers is that there is a MOUNTAIN of historical and LIVING evidence that it occurred. If it had happened say in 2000 BC and empirical data was scarce, then that would be one thing. But this only happened 60 years ago and many people who witnessed it, from all sides, have been statements about it. Many of those same people are still alive. Literally thousands of books, movies, doucmentaries, articles, and research papers have been written and prove with no doubt whatsoever that the Holocaust did in fact happen. And yet, here these ostensibly scholarly clowns, some Jews, some Jew haters, parading around claiming that it is a hoax. How returded do you have to be?

And and even worse arguement is that some number less than 6 million were killed. I am unsure how that number was arrived at, but it seems to be the consensus "best guess" of essentially everyone who has studied the subject. Obviously, an exact figure will never be known, but the mass murder was in the millions and 6 million has been about as close as the experts can get. So, these folks come in and say it was some number less, say 3 million. Does that make the Holocaust any less wrong and ghastly? "Oh, well if it was only a couple million people who were tortured and murdered then thats ok", seems to be the crux of their reasoning. Am I the only one we would like to pin these idiots down to a number and then ask them why the exact number matters? Needless to say, millions were slaughtered because of their religion in argueably the most evil and heinous action man has ever done to his fellow man.

I know we all like to make fun of these idiots and dismiss them out of hand because they are crackpots. But a leader of a very dangerous nation believes this crap. And make no mistake, Iran poses a real danger to Israel. They will bide their time and wait. But eventually, they will attempt to complete Hitlers mission of the final solution. And God help us when that day comes.

It is staggering to say the least.

You'd think that it would be easier to convince people the sky is yellow, but somehow people who are convinced that this completely undeniable set of events never happened have managed to attain significant positions of power while spewing this crap.

Baffling, completely baffling.